+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegal Immigrants

Danij

Sep 3, 2016
Hello everyone.
I'm a female , 28 yrs. I've been living in the US illegally for almost 2 yrs. I came legally on a visitors visa with granted stay of 6 months... A bad decision later here I am fed up of the system I'm caught in.

I used to work as a Customer Service Supervisor back home.... Now I work at a Chicken shop with long hrs, terrible pay an ungrateful boss.

Is there a way for me to move to Canada from the us an be legal? I don't want to go back home.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Danij said:
Hello everyone.
I'm a female , 28 yrs. I've been living in the US illegally for almost 2 yrs. I came legally on a visitors visa with granted stay of 6 months... A bad decision later here I am fed up of the system I'm caught in.

I used to work as a Customer Service Supervisor back home.... Now I work at a Chicken shop with long hrs, terrible pay an ungrateful boss.

Is there a way for me to move to Canada from the us an be legal? I don't want to go back home.
Given your current immigration status, it's extremely unlikely that CIC will issue a temporary resident visa to you. Therefore, your only recourse would be to apply for immigration as a permanent resident, IF you are eligible.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Danij said:
Hello everyone.

One thing you might want to consider is that the presidential elections are close at hand. If Hillary Clinton is elected, and the Senate changes hands, there is a decent chance that some form of an amnesty bill might get passed, if a few "reasonable" Republicans join with Democrats in the house (a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants). Clinton has said that as part of her campaign promise.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
747-captain said:
One thing you might want to consider is that the presidential elections are close at hand. If Hillary Clinton is elected, and the Senate changes hands, there is a decent chance that some form of an amnesty bill might get passed, if a few "reasonable" Republicans join with Democrats in the house (a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants). Clinton has said that as part of her campaign promise.
but that could maybe be a year or two away and maybe never if Donald gets elected. Plus given the supposed estimate of 11 million illegals in the US there could be a huge backlog of people to get through leaving the OP still exposed for what was a bad decision in the first place for whatever reason.

I may be wrong but thought there were some other posts where people had illegal status in the US and in order to apply for Canada PR they had to start the process from their home country to become legal again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bs65 said:
I may be wrong but thought there were some other posts where people had illegal status in the US and in order to apply for Canada PR they had to start the process from their home country to become legal again.
The application has to be sent to her home country's visa office. She can technically remain in the US. However if an interview is required, she will need to travel to her home country to attend the interview. Needless to say, she needs to be 100% forthcoming about her illegal status in the US in her Canadian PR application.

The OP should be aware that she will automatically trigger a 10 year ban as soon as she leaves the US due to her overstay.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I think that instead of waiting for US reform its better she applies to CIC mentioning the current status (as i saw one of the posts on similar case but got approved after 2-3 years of waiting - its worth given the current status).
US guys stopped on thinking of immigration reform for the last 10 years. So there is some hope through Canada as per my view as of now.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Danij said:
Hello everyone.

First step is to see if you actually qualify to immigrate to Canada under one of the current immigration streams. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

If you don't qualify for anything then your situation in the US won't matter as moving to Canada wouldn't be an option anyways.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
The application has to be sent to her home country's visa office. She can technically remain in the US. However if an interview is required, she will need to travel to her home country to attend the interview. Needless to say, she needs to be 100% forthcoming about her illegal status in the US in her Canadian PR application.

The OP should be aware that she will automatically trigger a 10 year ban as soon as she leaves the US due to her overstay.
What does it mean "She can technically remain in the US." ? How does she provide Police Clearance, is Medical possible to do in US, what if passport gets expired?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What does it mean "She can technically remain in the US." ? How does she provide Police Clearance, is Medical possible to do in US, what if passport gets expired?
You can't apply for PR with an expired passport. You need a valid passport to apply for PR.

The medical can be done anywhere in the world. PCCs can be obtained regardless of where you're living.