+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ill brother

ennis

Jan 5, 2008
My brother is very ill in a hospital in Jamaica. The doctors does not know what else to do to help him. I would like to get some information on how I could get him in a Toronto Hospital where they are more equipt to assist him. He would only be in the country until he is released from the hospital.

esthertanmg

Oct 29, 2007
thaiguy said:
That's pretty much impossible.

You'd have better luck paying some Toronto doctors to go to Jamaica and care for your brother.

Husband passed away

My husband passed away last year, he is a Canadian, we have two kids age 8 and 9 with Canadian citizenship,but not me. Somebody ask me to apply for CPP but CPP disqualified me because my late husband only contributed 9 years of taxes. Can I apply for anything to help me financially?

canadianatheart

May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Husband passed away

My husband passed away last year, he is a Canadian, we have two kids age 8 and 9 with Canadian citizenship,but not me. Somebody ask me to apply for CPP but CPP disqualified me because my late husband only contributed 9 years of taxes. Can I apply for anything to help me financially?
Yes they require ten years, you could always try for the Surviving Children's Benefit but i think it is the same ten years required paying taxes.
You could also try for financial benefit at the provincial level. I don't know what province you live in but if you live in ontario the number is 1-800-267-8097 you could explain them your case and they might be able to help.
It never hurts to try. Good luck!