+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if not getting job offer or PNP...

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZingyDNA said:
I agree. LMO/LMIA forces employers to look for Canadians and exiting Canadian PR's first, if they wanna avoid all the trouble. The LMO application procedure has been difficult for a couple of years before the EE Launch. It might be a lot easier 10 years ago but nowadays the government really wants employers to look through Canadians first before thinking about hiring foreigners. So whoever can get LMIA right now must be really really wanted by their employer who really can't find any Canadians for the job, so granting PR makes perfect sense as it helps the employer a lot, and in turn it helps the Canadian economy.
This makes only dogmatic sense, when a regulation makes employers not to hire instead of pulling the proper PR candidates.

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZingyDNA said:
LOL it's not a joke! It is the point! They wanna "hire" more PR's on behalf of the employers, to fill the positions that are hard to find citizens/PRs for!
You are marking meaningless defense to the policy from your own stand point by ignoring its consequence.
Your application timeline explains why you are doing this.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
AndreasChen said:
You are marking meaningless defense to the policy from your own stand point by ignoring its consequence.
Your application timeline explains why you are doing this.
Look, I have no stake in this, and all I'm doing is trying to explain what I think the government is doing from their standpoint, and it makes sense! Obviously I know it has a huge impact on people who can't get a LMIA from their employer, as they'd rather find Canadians instead to avoid the trouble. But that's just what the government wants.

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZingyDNA said:
Look, I have no stake in this, and all I'm doing is trying to explain what I think the government is doing from their standpoint, and it makes sense! Obviously I know it has a huge impact on people who can't get a LMIA from their employer, as they'd rather find Canadians instead to avoid the trouble. But that's just what the government wants.
Canadian government is on one hand protecting locals but on the other hand trying to compete its neighbor for high quality immigrants. LMIA makes their own system even SHlTTIER than the US' H1B cräp.

The LMIA makes employers to stop hiring, instead of hiring Canadian locals as you have imagined.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
AndreasChen said:
The LMIA makes employers to stop hiring, instead of hiring Canadian locals as you have imagined.
If employer really wanted to hire, they can always pay higher salaries to get a qualified Canadian candidate. If they abandon the job position all together because of the LMIA headache, then this position is not as important as you think, and the employer can live without it...

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZingyDNA said:
If employer really wanted to hire, they can always pay higher salaries to get a qualified Canadian candidate. If they abandon the job position all together because of the LMIA headache, then this position is not as important as you think, and the employer can live without it...
Following your funny logic Canada can abandon all of its citizens and PRs and live in a charming polar bear life without any human bing. Its US neighbor will take care of everything for this country.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
AndreasChen said:
Following your funny logic Canada can abandon all of its citizens and PRs and live without any human bing in a charming polar bear way. Its US neighbor will take care of everything for this country.
LOL what are you talking about? I was just saying employer may abandon not-so-important job position if they can't find a qualified Canadian citizen/PR for a reasonable price, as they'd rather not go through the LMIA headache. And that leads to Canada abandoning ALL its citizens and PRs!?

Your logic is funny!

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreasChen said:
Following your funny logic Canada can abandon all of its citizens and PRs and live in a charming polar bear life without any human bing. Its US neighbor will take care of everything for this country.
Wait? What is your grief? I don't understand.

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZingyDNA said:
LOL what are you talking about? I was just saying employer may abandon not-so-important job position if they can't find a qualified Canadian citizen/PR for a reasonable price, as they'd rather not go through the LMIA headache. And that leads to Canada abandoning ALL its citizens and PRs!?

Your logic is funny!
I mean your logic funny because you considered jeopardizing employment and choking the economy as not important. I just extended your logic one mile further and made you laugh at it as well. Comparing to the perpetuity of the universe nothing we do here is important, so why bother talking to us then?

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praneet87 said:
Wait? What is your grief? I don't understand.
I have nothing wrong with Canada, but astonished by the glory statements Mr.DNA was making.
Sorry Canada for the joke I made.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
AndreasChen said:
I mean your logic funny because you considered jeopardizing employment and choking the economy as not important. I just extended your logic one mile further and made you laugh at it as well. Comparing to the perpetuity of the universe nothing we do here is important, so why bother talking to us then?
I still maintain losing jobs that are not vital enough for employers to go through LMIA procedure is NOT choking the economy. But since you are pulling the "perpetuity of universe" card, I guess we have to agree to disagree. :p

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
AndreasChen said:
It is not only about the processing time and fees, but all about the tricky procedures: posting, interviewing, documenting and all the legal cräp putting employers under substantial legal risks.

CIC should realize that pulling candidates from EE bank has to be a different story than hiring a foreigner, because these candidates are supposed to join Canada and become PR. Why they all have to go through the same LMIA then? Totally insane and will not work out at all.

However as I can imagine, it is more about politics than reasoning in here. The one who invented this stüpid LMIA may have so much political influence that others have to let the system fail in order to oppose it.
AndreasChen said:
It is not only about the processing time and fees, but all about the tricky procedures: posting, interviewing, documenting and all the legal cräp putting employers under substantial legal risks.

CIC should realize that pulling candidates from EE bank has to be a different story than hiring a foreigner, because these candidates are supposed to join Canada and become PR. Why they all have to go through the same LMIA then? Totally insane and will not work out at all.

However as I can imagine, it is more about politics than reasoning in here. The one who invented this stüpid LMIA may have so much political influence that others have to let the system fail in order to oppose it.
Well, that's why I only hope, I don't fully expect employers become welcoming to LMIA process.
Yes, LMIA headache of paperworks is still here, but financial stress (LMO was $1000 per person) and time stress 1 is gone. So we are still better off than before.

@praneet87
(Although it's not the most creditable source) CIC conference 2 on EE mentioned LMIA will have no official limit. Although historically, about 3000 +ve LMOs were issued and 1200 +ve LMO in 2014.

LMIA is a process to ensure when employers hires a foreign national, they had make efforts to hire Canadian first. They became stricter than ever since the 3 incidents happened in restaurants where the employer either abused the TFW or fired locals in flavor of TFW because they are cheaper. Obviously that's unethical. And many others unethical treatment and abuse on TFWs were discovered since then.

1. LMO process was >4 months long, causing stress on the employee and employer who wanted to keep them
2. Posted on this forum as a recording

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
Yes, LMIA headache of paperworks is still here, but financial stress (LMO was $1000 per person) and time stress 1 is gone. So we are still better off than before.
I once talked to a very nice Canadian HR and offered to pay all LMO costs out of my own pocket.

Her response was that their major concerns are legal related, but not on the cost/timing side. There are so many catches in the whole procedure that employers can be easily pulled into a fierce legal battle. For example a domestic candidate who did not make it through the interview can easily put the employer to court with all these tricky terms and create a great amount of troubles.

Unless removing the step of justifying "no qualified citizen/PR was found", the LMIA/LMO policy will be junk. In the legal world it is one the most challenging job to prove something does not exist, and unfortunately both LMO and LMIA are requiring this in a naive way.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IBM, RBC, SAP Canada, BMO, CIBC -> These companies do not endorse any immigration support. I've interviewed with them, received offers from them and have friends working in a few of these companies.

A friend in IBM says that its stated in the offer letter. Now if companies are outright saying "sorry no immigration support" that means they aren't gonna touch LMIA with a 10 foot pole. LMIA is only going to seen for very very few jobs.

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praneet87 said:
IBM, RBC, SAP Canada, BMO, CIBC -> These companies do not endorse any immigration support. I've interviewed with them, received offers from them and have friends working in a few of these companies.

A friend in IBM says that its stated in the offer letter. Now if companies are outright saying "sorry no immigration support" that means they aren't gonna touch LMIA with a 10 foot pole. LMIA is only going to seen for very very few jobs.
Very consistent to my experience. I interviewed a company where they can easily steal people from US if not because of the LMO hurdle. They ended up outsourcing that chunk of business to a U.S. consulting firm at much much higher cost (>>3x).

Funny that someone told me this is not important and not hurting Canada's economy. Not sure how much is hurting, like the Soviets?