Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
There is a common misunderstanding that because Canadian employers will play a more direct role under Express Entry than they did previously, candidates will need a job offer in order to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry. This is not true.

Candidates in the Express Entry pool — all of whom are, remember, eligible for one of Canada's federal economic immigration programs ­— will be ranked according to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Up to 1,200 points will be available for candidates, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will issue invitations to apply for permanent residence to candidates with the highest ranking. Given that 600 of these points will be allocated to candidates with either a provincial nomination certificate or a qualifying job offer of arranged employment from a Canadian employer, obtaining such an offer will give candidates an enormous boost in ranking and hugely increase their chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence.

There is no stipulation, however, that candidates are required to obtain a job offer in order to be issued an invitation to apply.

Reference:
http :// www. cicnews .com/2014/12/express-entry-ten-misconceptions-124283.html

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personally I think it is totally insane that CIC still require LMIA when employers are pulling from the EE job bank.
This turns this job bank into a joke in that with LMIA, employers can hire candidates from anywhere. Why bother going through the EE job bank if it provides zero benefit?
The glitch in promoting immigrants' employment is not poor matching, but the LMIA itself.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreasChen said:
Personally I think that CIC still require LMIA when employers are pulling from the EE job bank.
This will make this job bank worth of nothing in that with LMIA, employers can hire candidates from anywhere. Why bother going through the EE job bank if it provides zero benefit?
Look at the Job Bank, there is a job bank now available too. It is pretty much shit. Employers dont even know about it. Very niche jobs get LMIA otherwise mostly all people allowed will be not having jobs.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreasChen said:
CIC spent millions to turn EE into a battle of IELTS. Well done ;D
Yup. Its all about the IELTS. But in all honesty I am happy about it. This is an English / French speaking country. You need to have a good grasp of that language if you wish to live here.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
AndreasChen said:
CIC spent millions to turn EE into a battle of IELTS. Well done ;D
I'm not sure I get what you are talking about. You just get something like 100-110 pts from language, right? LMIA-based job or PNP get you 600...

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Situation is most companies hate LMIA, so they don't make it, and they don't hire through it, and few will get that 600 points.
If CIC waives LMIA in the EE job pool, its another story but CIC is just not smart enough.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
AndreasChen said:
Situation is most companies hate LMIA, so they don't make it, and they don't hire through it, and few will get that 600 points.
If CIC waives LMIA in the EE job pool, its another story but CIC is just not smart enough.
That, sadly, is the situation CIC decided to ignore from the industries. (I suppose the board of committee who advised CIC on EE from different industries knows about it?)

LMIA for PR will be free and processed within 10 days. Hopefully, over time employers will be less resistant to apply LMIA.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZingyDNA said:
I'm not sure I get what you are talking about. You just get something like 100-110 pts from language, right? LMIA-based job or PNP get you 600...
Last years 1200 people had arranged offers. Apparently historically the number was at 3000. So where are the rest of the immigrants going to come from? Most of their scores are gonna be below 500, with the bulk below 450. IELTS affects ur score twice. It is the heaviest factor.

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
LMIA for PR will be free and processed within 10 days. Hopefully, over time employers will be less resistant to apply LMIA.
It is not only about the processing time and fees, but all about the tricky procedures: posting, interviewing, documenting and all the legal cräp putting employers under substantial legal risks.

CIC should realize that pulling candidates from EE bank has to be a different story than hiring a foreigner, because these candidates are supposed to join Canada and become PR. Why they all have to go through the same LMIA then? Totally insane and will not work out at all.

However as I can imagine, it is more about politics than reasoning in here. The one who invented this stüpid LMIA may have so much political influence that others have to let the system fail in order to oppose it.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
That, sadly, is the situation CIC decided to ignore from the industries. (I suppose the board of committee who advised CIC on EE from different industries knows about it?)

Well, LMIA isn't a token. Its an assessment done and they are being very strict about it. It has to be for very niche industries/positions generally found in Oil & Gas, Metals and Mining, Medical Technology and so on. People in I.T, Finance, Accounting. So if an employer has gotten an LMIA assessment then yes he didn't find anyone locally and is forced to recruit from outside. And then he will look at the job bank. Regular white collar jobs aren't going to get an kind of LMIA.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreasChen said:
It is not only about the processing time and fees, but all about the tricky procedures: posting, interviewing, documenting and all the legal cräp putting employers under substantial legal risks.

CIC should realize that pulling candidates from EE bank has to be a different story than hiring a foreigner, because these candidates are supposed to join Canada and become PR. Why they all have to go through the same LMIA then? Totally insane and will not work out at all.

However as I can imagine, it is more about politics than reasoning in here. The one who invented this stüpid LMIA may have so much political influence that others have to let the system fail in order to oppose it.
Wrong. LMIA is insta PR. It is only given when an employer couldnt find someone. So this is reason enough to get a PR. This is right. This helps employers get who they want asap instead of waiting for people in queues.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
praneet87 said:
Wrong. LMIA is insta PR. It is only given when an employer couldnt find someone. So this is reason enough to get a PR. This is right. This helps employers get who they want asap instead of waiting for people in queues.
I agree. LMO/LMIA forces employers to look for Canadians and exiting Canadian PR's first, if they wanna avoid all the trouble. The LMO application procedure has been difficult for a couple of years before the EE Launch. It might be a lot easier 10 years ago but nowadays the government really wants employers to look through Canadians first before thinking about hiring foreigners. So whoever can get LMIA right now must be really really wanted by their employer who really can't find any Canadians for the job, so granting PR makes perfect sense as it helps the employer a lot, and in turn it helps the Canadian economy.

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My point is that to hire a foreigner, it makes sense for the employer to prove there is no suitable citizen/PR so that they have to hire a foreigner.

When it comes to PR selection, this does not have to be the condition because these candidates want to become PRs anyway. With the LMIA requirement, the PR program becomes a story like "Canada needs to integrate more PRs because the existing citizens/PRs cannot feed Canadian job market" which is obviously a joke.

praneet87 said:

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
AndreasChen said:
My point is that to hire a foreigner, it makes sense for the employer to prove there is no suitable citizen/PR so that they have to hire a foreigner.

When it comes to PR selection, this does not have to be the condition because these candidates want to become PRs anyway. With the LMIA requirement, the PR program becomes a story like "Canada needs to integrate more PRs because the existing citizens/PRs cannot feed Canadian job market" which is obviously a joke.
LOL it's not a joke! It is the point! They wanna "hire" more PR's on behalf of the employers, to fill the positions that are hard to find citizens/PRs for!