+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if not getting job offer or PNP...

melvin007

Nov 12, 2014
Friends Please help some one . if didn't get job offer on first year what can we do? then will not get PR or Not?

asdfg942

Aug 22, 2013
I wish to know if there were any indication in Ministerial instructions about ITA intended to be offered for those without Job offer or Provincial Nomination?

I couldn't find this info anywhere in backgrounders/newsletters/ministerial instructions or even in CIC website.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If let's say they intend to issue 2000 ITA in this particular draw and the top ones 2000 are with job offers and LMIA then nobody without job offers will get ITA at that draw.
If there are only 1200 applicants with job offers then 800 ITA will be issued to those without job offers,

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
If let's say they intend to issue 2000 ITA in this particular draw and the top ones 2000 are with job offers and LMIA then nobody without job offers will get ITA at that draw.
If there are only 1200 applicants with job offers then 800 ITA will be issued to those without job offers,
Job Offers and LMIA aren't same right?

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
praneet87 said:
Job Offers and LMIA are same right?
No. You can have a job offer without a positive LMIA but you wont have 600 points, you need to obtain one that has possitive LMIA to get the points

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiffany123 said:
No. You can have a job offer without a positive LMIA but you wont have 600 points, you need to obtain one that has possitive LMIA to get the points
I meant aren't the same.

Regina said that top 2000 ones are with job offers and LMIA. Job offers and LMIA are two different things. Only LMIA will make sure that person is top. A job offer means nothing if its not LMIA assessed.

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
praneet87 said:
I meant aren't the same.

Regina said that top 2000 ones are with job offers and LMIA. Job offers and LMIA are two different things. Only LMIA will make sure that person is top. A job offer means nothing if its not LMIA assessed.
Yes, you can have a job offer. But without LMIA assessed for that offer, you dont have any points. So technically, you are the same as the ones who do not have a job offer

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
What about those of us who are already in jobs in Canada? Is that afforded any points/recognition? It seems crazy that you would have to quit the job you're in and go looking for a another job so you have a "job offer", but I've seen no mention of points being awarded for applicants already in jobs

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to get LMIA anyways.

It seems crazy that you would have to quit the job you're in and go looking for a another job so you have a "job offer", but I've seen no mention of points being awarded for applicants already in jobs
You do not need to quit your current job in Canada. You will need a contract for a PERMANENT JOB and to get LMIA before you apply to EE.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Conor9900 said:
What about those of us who are already in jobs in Canada? Is that afforded any points/recognition? It seems crazy that you would have to quit the job you're in and go looking for a another job so you have a "job offer", but I've seen no mention of points being awarded for applicants already in jobs
Well, no. You don't get anything lol. But you have to have 1 year of Canadian work ex to apply for PR. So there is additional points for Canadian work exp. So you almost always will have higher points than those applying from outside Canada. So there's that. Don't worry a lot of us are annoyed; we are in the same boat.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
You will have to get LMIA anyways.
This is not true. Canadian work experience always awards points. LMIAs are rare and are given to very niche jobs. A handful new graduates will even get LMIAs. There is additional points given for Canadian experience which will ensure that PGWP holders get their PRs. A compulsory LMIA means large corporations suddenly finding their entry level positions empty; which no government or corporation wants.

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
In 2013, about 1200 applicants migrated to Canada with a validated job offer/AEO/Arranged Employment... Whatever you want to call it. Numbers in 2014 are not much different. This is coming from a CIC officer in a presentation at National Education Conference in Calgary on November 7th, 2014...
So, if the quota of CIC in 2015 is 47000-51000 immigrants under FSW plus the PNP and out of that say about a 1000 people have a validated job offer, where do you think the rest of immigrants will come from?
This is a comment from EasyCanadaVisa in another thread and I totally agree with this. I dont think people without LMIA assessed job offer should worry too much over this.

It is not an easy thing to get a LMIA assessed job offer

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
I noticed that you get 5 points for 1 year's work experience, which is almost insignificant compared to the amount of points they're offering for other categories, such as age, education, LMIA etc. So 1 years Canadian work experience counts for the same amount of points advantage as being 31 has over being 32, for example. It's very difficult to see how CEC is going to work under the new system, as I would have thought that very few CEC applicants have a LMIA. We'll be behind almost every other catagory, unless we're 'pooled' only against other CEC candidates, which I suppose it a possibility....

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont think people without LMIA assessed job offer should worry too much over this.
Sure I do not remember details but even if you have a job in Canada you will have to apply for LMIA for EE. Read www.cic.gc.ca.
There maybe exceptions as they are now but still you will have to check with CIC if your are still excluded from getting LMIA for EE.