+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If no stamp on PP while re-entry from US border, does it means 6 months TRV?

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
Hi, My mom is on 2yr super visa stamped till April 12, 2019 (multiple entries valid till 2025). She re-enter Canada land border after 3days US visit on yesterday without any stamp by Canadian border officials (have an entry stamp from US officials).
So does it means that she have 6 more months (like regular TRV) froyesterdayay? Or she only allowed to stay in Canada till April 12 (as original super visa entry stamp), and she needs to apply for an extension if she wants to stay 6 more months?

Another question. Can she apply for regular 6mths visa extention while on super-visa? and if she can, do we still need to get her medical, biometrics and her financial standing from India (since it was me the sponsor who provided it for her super visa)?
And is we apply for her supervisa extention, do we need to get medical and biometrics prior to apply or after only if asked? Thanks

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi, My mom is on 2yr super visa stamped till April 12, 2019 (multiple entries valid till 2025). She re-enter Canada land border after 3days US visit on yesterday without any stamp by Canadian border officials (have an entry stamp from US officials).
So does it means that she have 6 more months (like regular TRV) froyesterdayay? Or she only allowed to stay in Canada till April 12 (as original super visa entry stamp), and she needs to apply for an extension if she wants to stay 6 more months?

Another question. Can she apply for regular 6mths visa extention while on super-visa? and if she can, do we still need to get her medical, biometrics and her financial standing from India (since it was me the sponsor who provided it for her super visa)?
And is we apply for her supervisa extention, do we need to get medical and biometrics prior to apply or after only if asked? Thanks
Please check following previous replies on similar question. Hope that will help

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/crossing-canada-border-to-usa-to-renew-visitors-status.411255/

Good Luck

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
From the government website:
"BSOs will then stamp the super visa holder’s passport, but no handwritten date is required. Should the BSO authorize a period of stay of less than 5 years, a visitor record must be issued to the client as per the instructions found in ENF 4, Section 13.24: When to document a temporary resident on a visitor record form."
There's also another thread that said they called IRCC twice to confirm and they said no stamp implies a full 2 years, now 5.
Those that say no stamp equals six months are deriving that supposition from the max stay norms of a regular tourist visa.