+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I got ITA, will oinp stop processing my application right away?

quicksilver6

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
I ask this because I am worried about if they count my oversea work experience. If they don't, my score will drop to 436 which can't be enough for a direct ita. Can I submit my ee documents first while waiting for oinp's aor;and once I got reject, I could use the 600 points to boost my score? The wait kills me. Thank you!

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
They won't stop processing right away. But, before nominating you they will check with IRCC and will get to know that you have received ITA and then they won't nominate you.

quicksilver6

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
manidhatt said:
They won't stop processing right away. But, before nominating you they will check with IRCC and will get to know that you have received ITA and then they won't nominate you.
Thank you, so it means I have to choose one way.

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
quicksilver6 said:
I ask this because I am worried about if they count my oversea work experience. If they don't, my score will drop to 436 which can't be enough for a direct ita. Can I submit my ee documents first while waiting for oinp's aor;and once I got reject, I could use the 600 points to boost my score? The wait kills me. Thank you!
They won't nominate you if you have an ITA at the moment they make a decision. But that moment for OINP can be 6 months away from the moment you submit your application to them. In that time, you can get an ITA, and if they don't count your overseas experience, they might reject you before you get a nomination from OINP. In that case, you would be able to create a new EE profile and ask OINP to transfer your application to the new profile by sending them your new EE number.

mysunshine

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
CADparity said:
They won't nominate you if you have an ITA at the moment they make a decision. But that moment for OINP can be 6 months away from the moment you submit your application to them. In that time, you can get an ITA, and if they don't count your overseas experience, they might reject you before you get a nomination from OINP. In that case, you would be able to create a new EE profile and ask OINP to transfer your application to the new profile by sending them your new EE number.
That is interesting!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
When you accept an ITA, they can't technically nominate you anymore because you've been taken out of the Express Entry pool.

Provinces and territories can only send a nomination to a profile in the pool.

OINP won't know you've accepted an ITA until they check their PT portal. Best to inform them directly if you do so so they can stop processing your application.