+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I get promoted and change NOC code, will that be an issue for Express entry profile?

jeet patel

Oct 3, 2018
Hello All:

Thanks for helping in advance.
I work as an administrative assistant (6 months) and might get promoted as an Executive Assistant. They both fall under different NOC codes 1241 and 1222 respectively but both are NOC B.

As per my knowledge, you need to have experience in the same NOC code for one year. But my job description stays pretty much the same except I have more seniority now.

My question is, Can I apply for express entry after finishing 6 months in Executive position or do I have to continue as Administrative Assistant for 6 months more?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello All:

Thanks for helping in advance.
I work as an administrative assistant (6 months) and might get promoted as an Executive Assistant. They both fall under different NOC codes 1241 and 1222 respectively but both are NOC B.

As per my knowledge, you need to have experience in the same NOC code for one year.

Since you posted under the CEC class, I assume you mean Canadian work experience, and in that case, you are wrong, there is no requirement to have one year of experience in a single NOC.

But my job description stays pretty much the same except I have more seniority now.

My question is, Can I apply for express entry after finishing 6 months in Executive position or do I have to continue as Administrative Assistant for 6 months more?

You can combine the experience of 2 or more skilled jobs to meet the 1 year requirement (for in-Canada work experience).