+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if i can't submit passport in 30 days..then what?

gloryksingh

Mar 5, 2019
hey,
i have a travel plan for US in about 20 days. I applied online and have my biometrics scheduled for tomorrow. I am not sure when will I get a request for passport submission and if I do, will I get it back in time to make my US trip( i was planning to travel to Toronto in this trip itself, coz i am going to Boston and its closeby)
So now I was thinking I submit my biometrics and submit passport when I am back from the US.

1. some say we get 10 days to submit passport, some say it's 30. can someone clarify that?
2. also, what happens if we can't submit in the time period?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It’s 30.

If you can’t submit within 30 days, you request for an extension along with a brief explanation and proof (eg copy of plane tickets). If you fail to inform them, your application may be cancelled and you will have to reapply.

Reactions: gloryksingh

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
It’s 30.

If you can’t submit within 30 days, you request for an extension along with a brief explanation and proof (eg copy of plane tickets). If you fail to inform them, your application may be cancelled and you will have to reapply.
Would it be canceled or denied?
I may be in a similar boat soon.

Cancellation isnt a problem. My fear is that they deny and then you have to tell the world on every single occasion that you were denied a visa...all because they dont give a clear timeline.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Would it be canceled or denied?
I may be in a similar boat soon.

Cancellation isnt a problem. My fear is that they deny and then you have to tell the world on every single occasion that you were denied a visa...all because they dont give a clear timeline.
I recall a few examples on this forum which led me to the impression it is just cancelled, but I could be wrong.

But really, that scenario can be totally avoided by asking for an extension with valid reasons and proof. I think I got up to a 2-month extension in a relative’s case.

gloryksingh

Mar 5, 2019
It’s 30.

thanks for the information. have a great day!

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Email or Web form to the visa office. The email addresses to the respective visa offices are on the IRCC website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html

I myself used email.
Interesting. In my experience they take forever to respond to the web form. Slightly less with the email but still not quick, so I wonder if they get to it before the 30 days expire. Remember that mailing already takes a week at least for you to get the notice.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Interesting. In my experience they take forever to respond to the web form. Slightly less with the email but still not quick, so I wonder if they get to it before the 30 days expire. Remember that mailing already takes a week at least for you to get the notice.
It usually depends on the visa office. I’ve had Ottawa reply within 12 hours, and my home country generally takes 2 weeks...on a follow up, they replied the next day.

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
It usually depends on the visa office. I’ve had Ottawa reply within 12 hours, and my home country generally takes 2 weeks...on a follow up, they replied the next day.
Hi! I need to extend passport submission to Manila VO. They only gave me 5 days to submit passport. But my passport is with the korean embassy.

I sent them an email. Its been 2 days since I sent the email. How long do they usually respond?

Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi! I need to extend passport submission to Manila VO. They only gave me 5 days to submit passport. But my passport is with the korean embassy.

I sent them an email. Its been 2 days since I sent the email. How long do they usually respond?

Thank you
2 weeks on average, 2 days at the earliest

ocimsg

Aug 3, 2021
Hi,
I'm currently in similar situation.

I'm currently in USA and will be staying here for next 4 months.

My situation:
I applied for Canada visit visa on January 12th 2022 and due to some emergency i travel to USA on January last week and
yesterday (February 6th) I got PPR submission for my Canada visit visa . is their any way i can submit my passport in any USA locations ?

1. I wont be able to reach back to India with in 30 days to submit my passport. Is their any alternative methods ???