+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If chose open 2, does hours included statuatory holiday?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
There are 9 statutory holidays per year in BC. The way I understand Option 2 is hours worked so deduct statutory holidays unless you worked on those days so then include them. If you're not sure, work out the extra days, what's three to four weeks to work even for an unbearable employer just to get the required hours.

VILLAGEHUA said:
Job_Seeker?! Do you know ?

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Thank you Job-Seeker,

My Second employer released me last week, which mean I am unemployment now. I counted my hours and months, I am qualified to apply option 2. But the question is can I apply now or I need to find another new employer then wait another 6-8 months then can apply my OWP and PR?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you have the desired number of hours you can apply now; apply EI too :) But you need to find an employer. Up to when is your WP valid?

VILLAGEHUA said:
Thank you Job-Seeker,

My Second employer released me last week, which mean I am unemployment now. I counted my hours and months, I am qualified to apply option 2. But the question is can I apply now or I need to find another new employer then wait another 6-8 months then can apply my OWP and PR?

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Thank you again, job_seeker. My visa under my second employer's name is till 2014. Now I just hope I can apply OWP .