+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
People should read only those books that are about real events, real people, and established facts
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Use specific reasons and details to support your opinion.
Books have been a great source of information and knowledge for human beings for centuries and it is believed that nobody can succeed in life without reading extensively. However, some people argue that one should only read books based on reality depicting real events, people or facts, but I completely disagree with the notion. One should also read books based on complete or partical wrong spelling fiction to spark his imagination or to take an emotional detour.
Good into!

Imagination has played a an important role in all the advancements (may be use another word e.g. progress / development. You tend to overuse advancement in most of your essays) in the world, we are observing today.
It is the work of fiction or imagination that has set up the precursor of all the trasnformational inventions or events happend in the past. We imagine first, and than we do it. This is why, it is extremely necessary to train ourselves to think in new dimensions and one should not hesitate to assimilate unusual ideas. Good line. Wish it came in a bit earlier in the para.
For instance, if one has read the book “ Game of Thornes”, it is such a wonderful work of fiction on power politics. It is a must read if someone want to learn and know about politics in the higher echelons of society.
I like the idea and flow of the para. I don't really like the example. It is okay but not really inline with your previous argument. You may have given examples of some books / tv series for example which had reference to AI and now things have happened. Say star trek / wars etc. Because you are referring to progress in world.

Similarly, fictional books also have to the capability to influence the emotions of the readers to unusual levels. Need something better. I get the idea. Don't like the sentence.
They can narrate a story in such a wonderful manner that one enjoy’s the story, just because of the way it is told. It makes people to feel the events, that are happening in the narration, as if they were present at that moment. They can make anyone happy, romantic, angry or sad. These books have the power of touching upon the emotions of reader without referring to any real event.
All the lines are saying same / similar things. You're saying a lot but there is no "punch" like previous paragraph.

For example, if somone has read “ The Note Book” by Nocholar Path, it is such an amazing love story that whoever has read, cannot stop admiring it. One can actually feel the real love between two people.
I think this paragraph is weak compared to your previous paragraph. Seems like you were just trying to fill words.

To recapitulate , Imaginative (again I capital. is this typo error? I hope you don't do it when you write on paper. Given this happens in every essay I'm not sure if this is typo error. Secondly imaginative book is probably not correct. I would say fiction is a better word)books are as important as reality based books. One cannot deny the importance of pure fiction, one ought to apppreciate it and learn from it.
Weak conclusion. Didn't recapture your main points. You handled a tough topic very well in previous essay. Compared to that essay this is weak.

But, don't take to heart. It happens. There is no need to overthink or over analyze. Focus on generating ideas and make sure you write conclusion with same zeal you write the intro. Your intros are rarely bad but conclusions don't have same consistency. So something to think about.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
Please check my letter and give feedback. Thanks in advanced.

You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.

Write a letter to your manager. In your letter
* explain why you want to take time off work
* give details of the amount of time you need
* suggest how your work could be covered while you are away

Answer:
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to the purpose of personal leave application request. Wrong phrasing

I hope you will accept it and allow me to take off.
Since last one year, my mother is suffering from a heart diseses. The situation become worse day by day. Though doctor has suggested from transplant surgery, but due to financial consequences in my father's current business we could not afford it. Now as per looking into current health issue we are required to do it in early basis.I am the only daughter of my parents, who can take care of my mother.It will take 30 days or more to take recovery after operation. So I have to be with my mother untill she will be normal.

You could have broken the paragraph here.

One more thing I want to assure you that the task/duties that assigned to me will be covered on time. As you know our company provide work from home policy, so I can complete my work from home by company laptop. According to my 30 days plan I will achieve work deadline and it will not affect on delivery.
You need to take care of your paragraphing. You have supposedly three paragraphs where para 1 and para 3 are just one line. But para 2 is so big. Why not break paragraphs more logically. Read more and see how paragraphs need to be broken.

There are a lot of grammar issues also. And you could have written this a bit more concisely.

I, therefore request you to consider my 30 days time off and allow me to performe my duties well both personal and professional.

Yours sincerely,
Anna
This is your first attempt and so you still have to get better. My suggestion is that please read more. I have not pointed out a lot of grammar errors etc. We will get to those later. Because they will change every time. But, first you need to learn about paragraphing and task response. That is more important. So read a bit and then attempt another letter and we will take it from there.

There are a bunch of good letters written by other members in previous pages. You can read those or just google and read from web. All the best!

Akhil Soni

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
All the best! The result will be good. Relax for next few days!
Thanks. Yes I will take a break for few days. Then I will start preparing again for 27 October.. Cansha do we have to write a flawless essay to get to 7 or couple of spelling mistakes can cost one band 7

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks. Yes I will take a break for few days. Then I will start preparing again for 27 October.. Cansha do we have to write a flawless essay to get to 7 or couple of spelling mistakes can cost one band 7
It doesn't need to be perfect. A perfect essay will be a 9. Only thing that matters is your task response has to be unambiguous. If you do task response well, your chances of 7+ score increase.

Why are you taking another one on 27th?

Moeedkh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Good into!

I like the idea and flow of the para. I don't really like the example. It is okay but not really inline with your previous argument. You may have given examples of some books / tv series for example which had reference to AI and now things have happened. Say star trek / wars etc. Because you are referring to progress in world.

I think this paragraph is weak compared to your previous paragraph. Seems like you were just trying to fill words.

Weak conclusion. Didn't recapture your main points. You handled a tough topic very well in previous essay. Compared to that essay this is weak.

But, don't take to heart. It happens. There is no need to overthink or over analyze. Focus on generating ideas and make sure you write conclusion with same zeal you write the intro. Your intros are rarely bad but conclusions don't have same consistency. So something to think about.

You are right... Just tell me if am getting 7 ?

Yes, I am making lots of spelling and capital letter mistakes, dont know how to control them. Its not I am deliberately, but they are happening unconsciously . Can u suggest any way out ?

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Hi everyone,

Cant tell you how happy I am to find this forum. I am currently preparing for my test next month and I am working on my writing skills as they're kinda rusty. Please find my answers below. A detailed feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am aware of the length where the word count is over the limit but i find it very hard to decide what to take out and what to leave. I could use some help in this part as well

Thank you in advance

TASK 1
You are studying for a qualification, and you would like some time off work to complete it.

Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:

• Ask for some time off to complete a qualification.
  • Suggest what you will do later at work if you have time off.
  • Say how the qualification helps your job or company.

Dear Mike,
As you know, one of my professional goals is be a certified financial analyst. I have applied to the CFA institute in order to be able to complete the training course and therefore take the test to gain the accreditation. My application was approved and I am writing this letter to request some time off work so I can prepare for it.

This qualification is a high level certificate that provides the financial analyst with the skills and tools needed in order to achieve more accurate analysis and forecast on businesses. If my request is approved I will delegate my current tasks to my colleague Nora, she has offered to help. I will also inform our clients about these changes and will assure them that their portfolios will be taking care of during my leave. It is worth mentioning that this certification will help me build more diversified plans, supporting our clients in their financial objectives, gain more insights about new tools and approaches in the market which would increase our clients trust knowing that our pitch and ideas are coming from a well specialized knowledge and not a general one.

That being said, I would really appreciate your approval to this request

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks And Regards,

TASK 2
In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV. What do you think are the causes of this?

What solutions can you suggest?

As a result of advanced technology, social media and free accessible WI-FI people of the young generation have lost interest in following up with the global and local events. This essay will outline the reasons and provide suggested solutions for the issue.

First of all, if we track down the development of technology specially with communication and how it changed the world since the internet discovery followed by more advanced methods to reach, send and receive information. This massive revolution was a game changer for everyone. As the years go by people started relying on the web to make themselves informed, learn and interact. While older generations still do not feel comfortable enough to switch to new sources of information entirely, younger people are more curious, excited to move forward and try something new. Furthermore, information accessibility has never been easier. Social media applications which were a result of the inventions of smartphones contributed to this detachment. Why would someone pay for a piece of information if they can get it for a lot less and it’s one click away.

That being said, recommending our youth to go back in time might not be the right way to resolve the issue but certainly linking the idea to a reward may help to encourage them to learn how to use these traditional sources of information. For instance schools can design more assignments or projects where answers can be only available on newspaper or TV programs, more of these tasks will expose them to different types of news and allow them to learn how to react to these information and how to develop their point of views based on available data.

In summary, even though revolutionized technology forced the world including young people to be completely dependent on it in all aspect of their lives, the surrounding environment can offer a room for improvement where those young people can still be offered the chance to learn doing things the in the old fashioned way.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi,
L, R was not difficult. W will depend on the examiner, though I wrote that topic in this forum few days back. About delayed parenthood.
oh you did ! thats great ! my writing didnt go well.. since i think i didnt give nice evidences... though language i used was fine.

Ill book another one since I have to get CLB 10 .. dont have a choice...