06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
New Essay!

Many people prefer to spend money and not save it. What are the reasons? Is this a positive or negative development?

“Rather than save it for rainy day, People, under the influence of consumerism and instant gratification, tend to spend money as soon as they receive their pay-cheque. This essay will further elaborate possible reasons before deducing a conclusion.”

I DONT BELIEVE THE FIRST LINE WAS WRITTEN AS A PARAPHRASE OF THE STATEMENT GIVEN. YOUR SENTENCES CHANGES OR ADDS MORE THAN WHAT WAS INOTIALLY STATED. ALSO IN THE SECOND LINE YOU MUST STATE WHETHER YOU BELIEVE ITS A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE CHANGE.

Although, spending represents growth in terms of economics, “but “ BUT SHOULD NOT BE HERE it is crucial for ordinary people to save money. However, in contemporary markets, equipped with mass productions and advertisements, Companies lure customers in a fancy way. With these modern tactics, for example, promising a better life after buying their products or service, companies create artificial demand for their products. Hence, influenced by these omnipresent adverts, people spend a huge portion of their earnings on expensive lifestyle products such as watches, shoes, clothes etc. It is the one of “THE” main reasons for people “BEING” “REMOVE TO —>”to unable to save money.

In addition to this, a human foible known as instant gratification also plays “A” major role in “THE” inability to save money. Saving money require “REQUIRE’S A GREAT” great deal of self-control and patience. Not all human beings possess these critical virtues. Oxford psychologist revealed in a study that, for humans it is hard to comprehend distant gains, for example “RESTRUCTURE SENTENCE”. Beside this, some also argue the uncertainty of “THE” future. They claim that, one should enjoy “ENJOY WHAT” while he can, death is imminent with unpredicted time and location “PLACEMENT OF PUNCTUATION NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT”. Thus, both factors fuel more squandering. As a result, most people indulge in Alcohol and drugs, which turned into habits and “IN ADDITION TO” additions, resulting in vicious cycle of uncontrolled spending.

In summary, after considering non-essential buying spree and inability to delay gratification, I feel that spending money thoughtlessly is a negative development and detrimental for overall health of society.

-----
In paper version:

there were some spelling mistakes as usual, in words : Artificial, psychologist, uncertainty, alcohol, thoughtlessly.

change in position of word.
....earnings on lifestyle products such as expensive watches,.....
to
....earnings on expensive lifestyle products such as watches,.....

rest is same, written in about 50-minutes approx.

I can't say about band score, but feeling good after writing this one, though I recognize errors now.

DhivyaK

Feb 20, 2018
Hi, Can anyone here review my essay please? I would like to know what my writing can score. As I have only few days left for my exam, any help will be greatly appreciated. I have attached the question and essay here.

Question - Some people think it is a good thing for senior management positions to have very high salaries compared to other workers of the same company or organisation. To what extent do you agree?

Answer :
The remunerations offered for employees at senior management positions are relatively high compared to the salaries of employees at junior or intermediate levels within the same organisation. This phenomenon is widely accepted my many people. In my opinion, I firmly extend my support in paying high salaries to senior employees.
This essay will outline the analysis on why senior employees ought to be offered high salaries followed by a reasoned
Conclusion.

While I agree that every employee's contribution, irrespective of their designation or role is of Paramount importance towards the success of an organisation, senior employees are the most important assets, as they are primarily responsible for loss or profit. Higher officials are offered spectacular positions, and they directly take part in defining organisational goals and driving the employees towards achieving them. For example, the vice president or CEO of an organisation is held accountable when there is a loss in the business, where as employees at other levels are hardly involved in such circumstances.

Another important point to consider is that, employees are often motivated by higher officials and the rewards they are offered. The gap between the salaries offered at different levels often influences people positively, in order to strive to get into higher positions. People tend to work hard and stay dedicated to get promoted to senior levels gradually. To illustrate, If all the employees are offered the same amount of salary, then there is no stimulation for employees to perform better to get promoted and it eventually leads to lack of motivation.

In conclusion, defining different pay scales based on an employee's role or designation is an appropriate way to keep them motivated. Moreover, it is necessary to reiterate that seniors that play most valuable roles should be rewarded by providing high salaries.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
@H0peAndFa1th ,

How are you?

May I know how was your second attempt on 10th Feb?
Overall Band: 7.0
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 6.0
Speaking: 6.0

See it for yourself, Its over my head now, am I learning or unlearning, Got 7 or 7.5 in last 3 speaking test, writing was 6.5, listening and reading is again fluctuating.

One change was, it is British council.

Last edited:

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
I am so depressed at the moment... Just can't understand what exactly they need from the us... On 3rd March I will be writing it for the 2nd time.
don't be depressed, this was my 5th test, you can't be sure of your bands.
here's my all 5 test bands

Bc[G] idp[A] idp[A] idp[G] bc[G]
Listening 7.5 - 8 - 8.5 - 7 - 7.5
Reading 9 - 6 - 9 - 7 - 8
Speaking 6 - 7 - 7 - 7.5 - 6
Writing 6.5 - 6 - 6.5 - 6.5 - 6

G for general, A for Academic
Tell me what do you see in that kind of results, It going over my head, Difference between bands in a test and compared to other test is huge, It makes me wonder, do i know English or not, Am i learning constantly or unlearning.

Last edited:

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
don't be depressed, this was my 5th test, you can't be sure of your bands.
here's my all 5 test bands

Bc[G] idp[A] idp[A] idp[G] bc[G]
Listening 7.5 - 8 - 8.5 - 7 - 7.5
Reading 9 - 6 - 9 - 7 - 8
Speaking 6 - 7 - 7 - 7.5 - 6
Writing 6.5 - 6 - 6.5 - 6.5 - 6

G for general, A for Academic
Tell me what do you see in that kind of results, It going over my head, Difference between bands in a test and compared to other test is huge, It makes me wonder, do i know English or not, Am i learning constantly or unlearning.
May I know for what purpose you are taking the IELTS test.. I thought only General Training scores could be used for immigration?

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Did you get a private tutor for yourself?
Don't have right one now, but yes I did get coaching from ex-ielts examiner couple of years back. Again I want to tell you that, now I feel that she taught me nothing, I learned more by reading books, Liz tuts, engvid and other YouTube channels.

Now I feel the need of a person who can check my essays, who knows how to check, band descriptors etc.

Trevor_canada

Feb 24, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the best guys! Writing is the trickiest of them all.
For the 1st part of writing, be precise.
2nd part is all about expressing our views. The only problem i faced was time management.
Be confident and make sure there are no spelling mistakes.

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi, Can anyone here review my essay please? I would like to know what my writing can score. As I have only few days left for my exam, any help will be greatly appreciated. I have attached the question and essay here.

Question - Some people think it is a good thing for senior management positions to have very high salaries compared to other workers of the same company or organisation. To what extent do you agree?

Answer :
The remunerations offered for employees at senior management positions are relatively high compared to the salaries of employees at junior or intermediate levels within the same organisation. This phenomenon is widely accepted my many people. In my opinion, I firmly extend my support in paying high salaries to senior employees.
This essay will outline the analysis on why senior employees ought to be offered high salaries followed by a reasoned
Conclusion.

While I agree that every employee's contribution, irrespective of their designation or role is of Paramount importance towards the success of an organisation, senior employees are the most important assets, as they are primarily responsible for loss or profit. Higher officials are offered spectacular positions, and they directly take part in defining organisational goals and driving the employees towards achieving them. For example, the vice president or CEO of an organisation is held accountable when there is a loss in the business, where as employees at other levels are hardly involved in such circumstances.

Another important point to consider is that, employees are often motivated by higher officials and the rewards they are offered. The gap between the salaries offered at different levels often influences people positively, in order to strive to get into higher positions. People tend to work hard and stay dedicated to get promoted to senior levels gradually. To illustrate, If all the employees are offered the same amount of salary, then there is no stimulation for employees to perform better to get promoted and it eventually leads to lack of motivation.

In conclusion, defining different pay scales based on an employee's role or designation is an appropriate way to keep them motivated. Moreover, it is necessary to reiterate that seniors that play most valuable roles should be rewarded by providing high salaries.
good one...7 or above for sure :)

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017

Answer :
Conclusion.

I would say 8 bands, but not less than 7.5. No mess, to the point talk, clear thesis, clear conclusion, fine examples.

I wish to write like that...

Reactions: velocityblood

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Please review my essay. Sorry for my bad handwriting.

First writing with pencil, buy a mechanical pencil with 0.5 mm lead.

>Its both sides discussion essay, avoid giving your own opinion in introduction, first discuss both sides then conclude with your own opinion, that just seems right.

BP 1
> some nations suppose that -- suppose is not right word here, they think, believe, feel etc
> no need of coma after that
> have many qualifications -- okay how many ??, again not a right word choice, use certain, appropriate, required etc
> In modern days > I don't think its right term or phrase to use here,
> gaining lots of advancement > doesn't feel right
> completing the study life > Life is life, there's no study life, it is period, a phase,
> every sector > talk about specific related to essay topic
> survey stated that > in a survey you found, discover, survey never state anything (in my opinion)
> women company position > again example is completely different from essay topic, should have stayed near military or police etc
> mentally and physically enough > ?? is this right language ?

your C and E looks the same, be careful they just need a chink in your Armour, look the words service, executed etc

BP 2

>first sentence > sorry can't make sense of it.
> integrity of household work > what ? senseless
> taking care common job > its essential job for them, common is totally wrong word here.

there are more,

for this one you can get 6 to 6.5 bands

you writing shows you know grammar, good rare words and can make sentence, but that is not enough for getting 7 or above, your essay shows that English is not your first language, you are writing as you are thinking in your first language. you are translating it to english, that's where our problem begins.

you have to read alot, read editorial essays, read line by line, see how they structure their sentences, you have to think in english to write better.

Kwamena

Feb 23, 2018
There were times that I thought the examiners intentional gave those half points so we don't get the full mark.
Got an 8 in my first writing test and 7.5 in my most recent. I would say, first of all, that you should address every "question" that is asked in the problem statement. The examiners also give marks for creative writing. Your writing shouldn't seem like one you've practiced over and over. Also, display your full range of vocabulary. I'm not asking that you write as if you're a human thesaurus. Use plain language but throw in a few "big" words here and there. Use connecting words, organize your ideas clearly in paragraphs etc. Good luck

Reactions: velocityblood