+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi ,Please evaluate my essay as I am practicing for Ielts general and your assistance would really help me to achieve my desired scores.

Question 2: Writing Task -- It is difficult for people in the cities to get enough physical exercise.What are the causes and solutions?
----------------------------
Nowadays, exercise becomes crucial for humans to stay healthy and fit. It is to be believed that it is quite tough for city residents to do physical exercise. There can be multiple causes and possible measures that can be taken to tackle this problem that i would like to discuss in the subsequent paragraphs.

To begin with, there are various reasons why it is difficult for people to get adequate physical workout. First of all,city people are having hectic work schedules due to which it is difficult for them to manage time to do exercise on daily basis. It is most likely people are doing long working hours shift at their workplaces probably 10-11 hours and sometimes overtime to get promotions on time. Another reason is,city residents are more dependent on their private vehicles to commute to their workstations and home. Almost everyone us owning a car as a social society symbol in the cities and prefers to travel by car,rather than taking a short walk,which eventually results into less physical exercise. For instance, a recent study revealed that around 70% of the city population prefers to travel by car to visit even every nearest supermarkets.

There are possible solutions that can be take care of to overcome this problem. Firstly,people should really focus on work-life balance and employers can contribute by minimizing the shift hours for all the employees or providing flexibility at workplaces. Apart from this, Government can spread awareness by helding campaigns on healthy lifestyles as well as can provide subsidy or rewarding amount to residents those are contributing to save nature by taking walks or cycling. For example, In Paris, Government has started an initiative for zero carbon footprints and crediting the amount in resident's account on weekly basis who are taking bicycle to reduce carbon footprints which consequently is the best way for individuals to do exercise and stay healthy.

In conclusion, it is true that city people are not able to get enough physical exercise due to various reasons and can be managed by possible solutions to overcome this concern.
---------------

Kindly give band assessment as well. Thanks so much !!
I dont think you read what @Canasha asked you to.

Reactions: marosa
Aug 6, 2021
Hi All.. i wrote ielts computer based 3 times so far. I have seen improvement in all the sections in these 3 attempts.. but am nt sure wht mistakes am making but in writing am nt able to score more than 6. I am not a pro in english but having an average vocabulary nd am very much sure i dont make spelling mistakes..Can anyone kindly guide me with some tips for writing.Your help is highly appreciated!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Get help and obtain NCLEX-RN License or LPN with or without even seating for the Exams. Also Get leak questions and answers for your upcoming NCLEX-RN or PN Exams date. Link below to inquirie

https://t.me/dr_smith_kend

Whatsapp : +1(520) 534-0102
This is a scam. My friend used this service and was banned from Canada for 5 years due to fraudulent documents. This ruined her life. Do not use this service.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Get help and obtain NCLEX-RN License or LPN with or without even seating for the Exams. Also Get leak questions and answers for your upcoming NCLEX-RN or PN Exams date. Link below to inquirie

https://t.me/dr_smith_kend

Whatsapp : +1(520) 534-0102
The moment someone says get a document without sitting for an exam when you have to....recipe for scam

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi All.. i wrote ielts computer based 3 times so far. I have seen improvement in all the sections in these 3 attempts.. but am nt sure wht mistakes am making but in writing am nt able to score more than 6. I am not a pro in english but having an average vocabulary nd am very much sure i dont make spelling mistakes..Can anyone kindly guide me with some tips for writing.Your help is highly appreciated!!
It would help if you have a sample of your writing.
Also, most test takers don't realize that IELTS writing does not test your knowledge on the prompt but how grammatically complex your sentences are. Also, the penalty for writing below the word limit can range between 0.5 to 1.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
From where can I download the Cambridge IELTS books for practice? Please share a link, it would be a big help.
For listening and reading these test are available on YouTube.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Disclaimer: As a writer of this thread, I never got more or less than 6.5 in writing.

I am stuck at 6.5 bands in writing, got personal training from ex-ielts examiner, she explained alot, but still no avail, read books/info/tutorials from various ex-examiners, such as ielts-simon.com, Ryan higgins (ieltsielts.com), ielts Liz and many others I can't remember now.

My other maximum scores, Reading: 9 ( in both AC & GT), Listening: 8.5 , Speaking: 7.5, in short: Reading depends on your vocabulary, Listening and Speaking is luck. I admit that my grammar is weak, at least I feel that.

enough about me, Let's Talk business.

in this forum, there are many others like me, So I want to focus only on writing.

Feedback From IDP on writing

This is just a starting, I will add learning material, essays, essay analysis, written essays by me etc.

Let's admit that, we fail at writing and there is no conspiracy theory. Let us work towards improving it.

Please Share writing material, tips, tricks etc.

Post your own essays

I would like to suggest that you should take print out of this pdf file.
its cleared sample answer sheet pdf,
then
write on that, in time bound manner, like in 30 minutes
Click picture of it and post here, then we can check each others mistakes.
Make sure your handwriting is understandable and picture is nice.
Code:
 PDF:
https://uploadocean.com/eg22ddhpevxa
https://sendit.cloud/xqcitn78kx1e
I really hope we can work something out here.

Writing Materials

1. IELTS Academic & General Task 2. How to Write at a Band 9 Level (2017) -Ryan Higgins
note: I think this is the best source to know what cohesion and coherence is.
Code:
https://sendit.cloud/yxc3cmnc20zb
https://uploadocean.com/gwu8my7znuba
2. Essay Writing for English Tests by Gabi Duigu
note : This book should be your first book to understand what kind of writing they want from you, it was re-printed in 2003, I think this is mother of most of other ielts books, others are spin-off of this one.
Code:
https://sendit.cloud/6mjetq4kwjf7
https://uploadocean.com/6vgvszt4d930
3. IELTS Writing General Task 1 - How to write at a band 9 level -Ryan Higgins
note: Precise and clear in less time.
Code:
https://uploadocean.com/4aveqeoqi002
https://sendit.cloud/iaod6hvt090n

More material will come..
My own score in IELTS have been R:9, W:8, S:8, L:9.

My writing skills were honed during GRE prep-work, ie in AWA of GRE. Now, I cann't claim that this will always work but there is one simple method to this madness of Academic (or even GT) writing. It is amenable to "cookie cutter" techniques. What it means is, there are templates which can be applied to structure your written response and that should be enough to propel you to band-7 at least. Beyond that band, it require some creativity.

Task 1 tends to be a description of a process or a data visualization. Task 2 tends to be an argument/formal essay.

Here are some tips my GRE trainer (a very famous personality in that profession in my country) gave to me. His idea was this :

1. Always connect one sentence AND paragraph to another : meaning use words and phrases like these A LOT : "Firstly", "Secondly", "Further", "Subsequently", "Conversely", "In spite of", "In contrast", "Owing to".

2. In arguments or formal essay, usually there are one or more sides of arguments and they tend of be open ended (that is by design). You goal is to structure you work like this : First paragraph, just rephrase what has been given in the topic and call out that you do not agree to the idea fully and will explore both sides of argument. Second para first side. Third para, second side. Fourth conclusion, basically rehash of first para.

3. Remember few "hammers" to use in your essay to nail your points :
a. Sweeping generalisation
b. Prima facie
c. At first blush

Basically, you need to provide enough rich structure and sentence form usage in your tasks that you get the 7 band. Admittedly, there can be more verity to both the tasks but even then a good range of topics and tasks will be covered by templates.

Reactions: olga891

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
So for academic writing, it takes this form :

Task 1:

This <Diagram OR Chart OR Table OR Flow-Chart OR Graph> <shows | compares | visualizes> <primary property shown, the name of the process described etc> over <time period | 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 phases viz>. Further, it also <breaks down | splits | names | enumerates > <secondary property> of <list> as well as <any extra item covered>.

Firstly, we observe a common <trend | property | process step > among all <steps | stages | years | countries> during entire <time period | process>. However, while <X,Y,Z> have <doubled| faster | slower>, the <P Q R> are comparitively <slower| faster| bigger>. It is noteworthy that, in spite of <A B C>, <PQR> are <XYZ>.

Subsequently, we notice, in <A,B,C> culminating into <D|E|F>. However, <G|H|I> may also happen after <A>. The entire <X Y Z> is <L>.

Finally, <A B C> and hence we can say <>. This concludes <Process name| comparison>.

Task 2:
The given notion <A> suggests us that <B>. Prima facie we are tempted to agree to the idea, however a deeper look into the matter reveals that despite the notion <A> being charmingly simple there is another side to it. Therefore, a more <nuanced| mature| appropriate> approach to <A> will be to consider both sides of argument and fully explore its <different | rich> <implications | structure> with possible examples.

To begin with, it is easy to see that <A> implies <B>. Further, one can also argue that due to <B> <C> also follows. We can easily see this happening in <Example of A>. For instance, when <A> happens in <Example of A>, <Example of B> followed. Evidently, this also lead to <Example of C> as well. So based on this we can argue that <A> leads to <B>.

On the flip side, there are ample instances where <A> not just failed to yield <B> but the entire situation flipped on its head and we saw <B> actually begetting <A>. We saw this in <Another Example of A, B>. Here, in the beginning, <A> which did not lead to <B> but once <B>, <C> followed automatically. Due to <C>, <A> also occured. Consequently, <B> via <C> lead to <A>! Thus, agreeing to <A> will be a sweeping generalization.

In conclusion, we can while <A> suggesting <B> may be the case, it is not guaranteed. So, one must be careful in comprehending <A> and <B>.

Reactions: olga891