+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi once again @cansha @H0peAndFa1th @dotslash227 and all others. Can you please evaluate my essay and give me an approximate band score. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Task Achievement
The task asks you to what "extent" do you agree or disagree and does not ask you to fully agree or disagree. In such type of questions, you need to discuss both views and come to a conclusion. Not discussing both the views would result in a lower mark on TA.

Coherence and Cohesion

In paragraph one, the main idea of the paragraph is the "agreement" and points are discussed but not fully supported with suitable examples. Only one example is given for the entire paragraph, which will result in markdown on CC. All points should be supported by a relevant example which relates to the topic.

In paragraph 2, while, the paragraph is in agreement, the last line and conclusion of para 2, "Therefore, the treatment of infected patients would be detrimental to the government." nullifies the entire notion and completely markdowns your CC. What you might have meant is that it is imperative for the government to treat infected patients, to avoid the spread of diseases, the usage of the word "detrimental", changes the overall meaning of the conclusion.

Grammatical Range and Accuracy
There are no identifiable grammatical errors, which is good. However, the sentences are simple, you should practice writing short complex and compound sentences to score more on GRA.

You should also focus on the usage of punctuation marks, commas were not used, where it was required. There were many instances, so, not listing them, you should look upon effective punctuation usage.

Lexical Resources
1. Some words have been misused, like detrimental as pointed out in CC feedback.
2. Usage of products in "purchasing products such as gas,". While usage of the word "products" is not wrong, a more apt word would have been "consumable, "goods", "goods and services". People do not consume "products", people, consume, "goods" and "services".
3. provide them with an appropriate medical cover. -> There is no need to use the word "appropriate" because we already talking about free health service, health care is free, and universal, irrespective of caste, creed, sex, financial status.
4. integral part of their basic rights -> A right is a right, stuff are never "integral" parts of basic rights. Correction: as it is a basic human right.

Ria-sharma

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
I've got the score of 8.5/8/7.5/7.5 (LRWS) after 9th attempts.
I was actually aiming for CLB9, but luckily got CLB10 in all parts.
I would recommend to take IELTS from British Council instead of IDP.
Hi! Congratulations!! Any particular reason for choosing british council over idp? also, how you prepared this time?

savyamu

May 15, 2018
INDIA
I got L-8.5, R-7.5,W-7, S-6.5.... I went for re-evaluation, it took 2.5 months,,,but the scores were increased to 7.5 ,,,, because of that re-evaluation I got PR in 3 months thereafter. So in case you lag with 0.5 score in Writing or Speaking,,,, give it a shot ....

Thejareddy

Jul 11, 2019
Hi
Can u please check my essay
Is Technology limiting Creativity?

Technology has taken leaps and bounds in the last few decades, finding it's path in a wide variety of fields such as Information Technology,Pharma sector and also in medical fields.The application of technology has became inevitable and inseparable from our daily routines.
Global world will not move forward without rapid advancement in technology.
Creativity on the other hand requires artistic skills and innovative thinking in my perspective.It is no way limited
by technology and it is improved by enhancing our creative capabilities.Latest fashion technology requires creative thinking to develop new models and fashion trends in clothing, footwear and other accessories to meet the demand in this modern era.I think technology synergize the creativity and there by improves the innovative thinking of the individuals which in turn helps to develop new idea for the better of the nation in all aspects.
Creativity combined with technology can do miracles.For instance, advancement in the use of mobile phone from a normal device to make calls to a smart phone will all capabilities is an excellent example which ellicits the combination of creativity and technology.

velocityblood

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@H0peAndFa1th @cansha @Aruntocanada guys got my IELTS result as below. PBT - BC - 6th July.

Did 3 spelling mistakes in essay (may be more but I remember only 3), BP2 missed to write example and also made a vague conclusion. In letter, it was asked to write something for brother but I wrote brother-in-law every time in place of brother, so I think TA was messed. Reading I was expecting 7.5 got 7, I think two wrong answers in T-F-NG don't know other mistakes.

L - 8.0
R - 7
W - 6
S - 7

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruntocanada

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
@H0peAndFa1th @cansha @Aruntocanada guys got my IELTS result as below. PBT - BC - 6th July.

Guys, got the result for PBT BC India 6th July. Did 3 spelling mistakes in essay (may be more but I remember only 3), BP2 missed to write example and also made a vague conclusion. In letter, it was asked to write something for brother but I wrote brother-in-law every time in place of brother, so I think TA was messed. Reading I was expecting 7.5 got 7, I think two wrong answers in T-F-NG don't know other mistakes.

L - 8.0
R - 7
W - 6
S - 7
Congrats as it was your first attempt..:)

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
Can't believe someone congratulating over a failure.
Don’t call it a failure, it’s not that bad! Stay positive and work on writing. If you can, opt for CD tests - personally I find writing and reading much easier on computers.

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Thanks! IDP scores were usually lower than BC. I tried to make minimal mistakes in grammar and used various vocabularies in my writing. Also, tried to be as coherent as possible.
OMG, I have always had that hunch. I signed up to take the IELTS (academic) with IDP, and took the exam last year. Generally, I have self-awareness, and know what my weaknesses are, and it's definitely not speaking. I was very focused on not committing grammatical errors and mispronouncing any words during my speaking exam. I also made sure my thoughts were coherent, and I was conversational and natural. The questions were so simple, and I felt that I nailed them (or so I thought). Nevertheless I got a 7.5. Not bad, some might say. But it would've been easier to swallow if I got that score in listening or reading because those two have always been my "waterloo".

As for the writing component, I knew it would be the most challenging part, so I made sure to read thoroughly about it, and get pointers on the Internet (YouTube), etc. I also practiced at home by writing and timing myself in so doing (I had an IELTS review book). I even took a formal class. I still got a 6.5 anyway. The time was just too short for me to write something spectacular, and there were two subjects to discuss. Also by that time (it was the last part of the exam), I was already exhausted from working on the listening and reading sections. That writing exam was truly a humbling experience for me. HAHA!

I don't know if it's "urban legend", but some test takers speculate that foreign examiners (speaking exam) give better scores than their Filipino counterparts. Honestly, if I had to do it all over again, I'd go for British Council.