+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

hpt2021

Nov 29, 2021
Hi all,

I have given IELTS multiple times and scored very well in all except writing where i got stuck at 6.5. Then after 2 attempts, i got above 7.5. Based on my experience, i'm developing an essay tool which can check you essay instantly and help you with basic stuff like cohesive check, grammar check, lexical check, complex sentences etc. If anyone is going to give exam or given recently, i would like to get some feedback on the tool like is it helpful/ free trial and beta testing (no payment as it's not finished product). Please contact me at hp.in.2019 @ gmail . Thanks in advance.

HP

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
No posts for long in this thread. Anyone looking for great tips for writing section go through this thread and you will find some great resources.

Harry091

May 24, 2022
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The map and chart below show the information for the global willingness to eat insect products and the current price for certain food available on the market place.

Write a report for a university, lecturer describing the information shown below.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

You should write at least 150 words.

(https://ieltsonlinetests.com/ielts-mock-test-2022-january-writing-practice-test-1)

The map chart shows the percentage of preference to include insects in the diet globally and the bar chart depicts the prices of 17 different varieties of food products including insects, rice, and meat in USD/kg.

Overall it is evident that Mexicans have the highest willingness to consume insect products while Japan is at the least position. Moreover, the prices of insects or bugs are relatively higher than meat products.

To begin with, Mexico accounted for the maximum of 71% preference for consuming insects and bugs. Similarly, Peru and Thailand both averaged around 57% willingness in terms to include insects in their diet while it was the least in Japan with a mere 21%. This Proportion in Brazil and China was moderate (45% and 44% respectively). Fondness for the same diet for rest of the 6 countries (Brazil, China, UK, USA, Australia, Spain, India, and Russia) lies between 36% to 32%.

Moving to the prices of various food products, weaver ant (wild), Bamboo caterpillar (wild), and Palm weevil (palm bred) are the most expensive food item with prices of around 10 USD/kg. Bombay Locust(wild), and Palm Weevil (bin bred) costs 7.8 USD/kg, and 6.4 USD/kg respectively whereas giant water bug (female, wild), giant water bug (male, wild), silkworm pupae (farmed), field cricket (farmed and wild), house cricket (farmed) averaged around 3.6 USD/kg. On the other hand, three different categories of meat products namely buffalo beef, pork, and chicken (broiler) are significantly cheaper than bugs and insects food products with prices of 2.38, 3.03, 1.91, 1.08 USD/Kg respectively. Likewise, rice products cost even less than 1 USD/Kg.

Please evaluate my Writing task 1

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The map and chart below show the information for the global willingness to eat insect products and the current price for certain food available on the market place.

Write a report for a university, lecturer describing the information shown below.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

You should write at least 150 words.

(https://ieltsonlinetests.com/ielts-mock-test-2022-january-writing-practice-test-1)

The map chart shows countries colored by their the percentage of preference to include insects in the their diet globally and the bar chart depicts the prices of 17 different varieties of food products including insects, rice, and meat in USD/kg.

Overall (missed a comma) it is evident that Mexicans have the highest willingness to consume insect products (missed a comma) while Japan is at the least position. Japanese rank the lowest. Moreover, the prices of insects or bugs are relatively higher than meat products.

To begin with, At 71%, Mexico accounted for the maximum highest of 71% preference for consuming to consume insects and bugs. (followed by... dont put a full stop. You score higher when you use sentence joiners.) . Similarly, Peru and Thailand (comma) both averaged averaging around 57% willingness in terms to include insects in their diet (no need to explain again) while it was the least lowest (because you used "highest" at the beginning of the sentence) in Japan with a mere 21%. This Proportion in Brazil and China showed above average fondness at was moderate (45% and 44% respectively). Fondness for the same diet for rest of the 6 countries (Brazil, China, UK, USA, Australia, Spain, India, and Russia) lies leading UK, USA, Australia, India, Spain and Russia with percentages between 36% to 32%.

Moving to the prices of various food products, weaver ant (wild), Bamboo caterpillar (wild), and Palm weevil (palm bred) are the most expensive food item items with prices of around 10 USD/kg. Bombay Locust(wild), and Palm Weevil (bin bred) costs 7.8 USD/kg, and 6.4 USD/kg respectively whereas giant water bug (female, wild), giant water bug (male, wild), silkworm pupae (farmed), field cricket (farmed and wild), house cricket (farmed) averaged around 3.6 USD/kg. On the other hand, three different categories of meat products namely buffalo beef, pork, and chicken (broiler) are significantly cheaper than bugs and insects food products with prices of 2.38, 3.03, 1.91, 1.08 USD/Kg respectively. Likewise, rice products cost even less than 1 USD/Kg. (conclusion missing. What is the conclusion? One implication could be that the population which show a higher willingness to consume insects should also expect per capita food expenditure to be significantly higher than others. You will have to round up your observation with an insight.

Please evaluate my Writing task 1

auzair

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2022
I apologize in advance if someone has already shared this website before me, but this is the best resource that I could find online for IELTS preparation:
https://www.english-exam.org/IELTS/general_writing_samples_task_1/

I was fortunate enough to score 7.5 on my first attempt in the Writing part, and I only used this website for one day to familiarize myself with the pattern.

I think the mistake that some people make is they keep looking for tips but don't practice writing. I suggest all aspirants to open a Sample Task from there, write your own answer, and then compare it with the solution provided on the website. It will give you an idea about where to make improvements. On top of each Sample Task on this website, there are valuable tips as well. Go through as many samples as you can. Good luck!

mindhunter

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
My partner was stuck at 6.5. She learnt some techniques through a mentor and in 3 weeks, she took the exam again and scored 7.5.

auzair

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2022
My partner was stuck at 6.5. She learnt some techniques through a mentor and in 3 weeks, she took the exam again and scored 7.5.
That's a great improvement. Would you be kind enough to share some tips that your partner learned for the benefit of members here?

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I scored band 9 in all four modules (a rare feat) and over the years I’ve helped hundreds of candidates to achieve success on the IELTS. Writing is not something that one can easily improve without expert guidance and significant effort.

Feel free to drop me a Personal Message for advice and support!

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
Hi,
My brother took IELTS recently and the results is disappointing. L=6.5, R=6, W=6, S=6.5
He is planning to take again in mid-November.
My question is, do you think 1 month is enough time for him to improve this? And how long did it take yours to improve?
How long do you study each day? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Jumping from 6 to at least 7 in writing requires a lot of dedication and preparation. For clb 9 he will need at least 6-8 months hard work. That includes the other modules too.