+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS USA April 21st 2018 General Training: Please share Questions Answers

carinaxu949

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Can anyone remember the 27&28, 29&30 letters that you chose from section 3 for listening test?
It's very significant for me.

carinaxu949

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
I remember some questions from section 3.

As someone was asking about qn. 27 and 28 for section 3 listening i think it is how carp is spread all over.
and i remember choosing extreme weather and recreational boating as answer.Im not sure of the answer though

and qn 29 and 30 was how carp can be controlled.?
I remember i chose commercial fishing industry as the one answer and the other i chose ban on national aquarium carp( i think i chose this wrong from what you all guys say.Probably it is fishing competition.)
for commercial industry, is that B?

lea100

Apr 25, 2018
I wrote 2.30 p.m for the time question in section 1.Is that wrong to add p.m to the time when they did not specifically mention it?

leksi

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
I wrote 2.30 p.m for the time question in section 1.Is that wrong to add p.m to the time when they did not specifically mention it?
I can’t really say although the section required “no more than two words or a number”.

To be sincere, I’ve noticed such answers r marked wrong from my practice tests but for the IELTS examiners, it might be marked correctly.

One week to go. Let’s be hopeful!

lea100

Apr 25, 2018
I can’t really say although the section required “no more than two words or a number”.

To be sincere, I’ve noticed such answers r marked wrong from my practice tests but for the IELTS examiners, it might be marked correctly.

Thank you for the response.

Reactions: leksi

aspire01

Apr 22, 2018
And I would like to know the answers for the following questions if anyone can remember.

1. Why they chose carp for their case study
Ans i chose : Lot of research material available (Probably wrong)

2. How carp spread so rapidly
Ans i chose : They can adapt to any situation (One other option was high reproductive rate)

3. How can carp be controlled?
Ans i chose : Option that said legislation

4.What joe disagree on
Ans i chose : It wont give precise data (One other option was it will affect the water quality)

5.What they think of daughterless carp programme
Ans i chose: It will take more time to get the result ( Other options were there will be too many males and getting genetic material was difficult or something)

6.Effective method for carp removal
Ans i chose : Work with local community

PS: All these are from my vague memory.So please ignore any wrong question or option.
Ans i chose : Lot of research material available (Probably wrong) - I chose something about affect on local community

Ans i chose : They can adapt to any situation (One other option was high reproductive rate) correct- adapt well

Ans i chose : Option that said legislation, correct

4.What joe disagree on
Ans i chose : It wont give precise data (One other option was it will affect the water quality) - Dont know the correct answer to this I guessed ' it will affect the water quality' and not sure if that is correct

Ans i chose: It will take more time to get the result ( Other options were there will be too many males and getting genetic material was difficult or something) correct

Ans i chose : Work with local community correct

Reactions: leksi

aspire01

Apr 22, 2018

I wrote 2.30 pm as well, fingers crossed

lea100

Apr 25, 2018
Ans i chose : Lot of research material available (Probably wrong) - I chose something about affect on local community

Ans i chose : They can adapt to any situation (One other option was high reproductive rate) correct- adapt well

Ans i chose : Option that said legislation, correct

4.What joe disagree on
Ans i chose : It wont give precise data (One other option was it will affect the water quality) - Dont know the correct answer to this I guessed ' it will affect the water quality' and not sure if that is correct

Ans i chose: It will take more time to get the result ( Other options were there will be too many males and getting genetic material was difficult or something) correct

Ans i chose : Work with local community correct
Thank you for the detailed response.