+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts TRF name correction

Anjusharma

Apr 2, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Today, I have received my IELTS result. I used Emirates ID (I am living in UAE) as identification for the test. The name on test report form is the one which is on Emirates ID. It is different than the name on Passport.
My passport has name sections as: Surname, Given Name and Father's Name.
The names on IELTS TRF are merged as:
First Name = Passport Given Name +
Family Name = Passport Father's Name

My question is, I have taken the test for Canada Student visa. Will this name difference be a problem in future during visa processing? If yes, how can I rectify it? I tried to search a lot about this but didn't find any answer...Please help me sir...

Thanks in advance.

Apr 1, 2022
It can't be changed since it was based exactly off the ID you provided them. That being said it shouldn't really be a major concern, but perhaps someone with this exact experience should chime in.

Jan 19, 2023
Hello my self Manish Kumar I did registration of British council general test with Emirates I'd I got my IELTS result on 30 december 2022, but on my TRF card they split my name like given name Manish and family name Kumar Bharat bushan which is actually name of my father now I'm asking immigration agency where I applied and they are saying it won't cause any issue on your file but me have question how this name will match with my passport because on ma passport my name is Manish Kumar and father name is Bharat bushan ?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello my self Manish Kumar I did registration of British council general test with Emirates I'd I got my IELTS result on 30 december 2022, but on my TRF card they split my name like given name Manish and family name Kumar Bharat bushan which is actually name of my father now I'm asking immigration agency where I applied and they are saying it won't cause any issue on your file but me have question how this name will match with my passport because on ma passport my name is Manish Kumar and father name is Bharat bushan ?
Contact British council rather the agency. They had got the money, they will not care now at all. Its all your problem now.