+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score less than 6 eligible for Express emtry

bhuwanshrestha

Jun 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cansen said:
Actually they have mentioned the requirements (like FSW,CEC, PNP) will not be changes for Express Entry. But in current fsw criteria they have mentioned that "These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015." So the fsw criteria or system has not been decided yet for express entry. The current criteria for fsw is till dec 2014.

Fsw criteria has not been published for 2015 yet. for ex: Current fsw give points for international work experience (outside canada) and express entry is not giving points. So we need to wait.
There is point for overseas work experience, for ur reference;;;;;

Foreign work experience Maximum 50 points for Foreign work experience

Points for foreign work experience + CLB 7 or more on all first OL abilities, one or more under 9
1 or 2 years of foreign work experience 13
3 years or more of foreign work experience 25

Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first OL abilities
1 or 2 years of foreign work experience 25
3 years or more of foreign work experience 50

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
bhuwanshrestha said:

Points for foreign work experience + CLB 7 or more on all first OL abilities, one or more under 9

Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first OL abilities
Thats exactly right!!

There are no minimum language requirements to enter the pool of candidates. However, if the language level is less than CLB 7, 2 things will happen:
1. No points earned for Foreign Work Experience
2. There is a SLIM chance of you getting the ITA

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhuwanshrestha said:
Quote from: Cansen on December 14, 2014, 06:21:28 am
Actually they have mentioned the requirements (like FSW,CEC, PNP) will not be changes for Express Entry. But in current fsw criteria they have mentioned that "These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015." So the fsw criteria or system has not been decided yet for express entry. The current criteria for fsw is till dec 2014.

Fsw criteria has not been published for 2015 yet. for ex: Current fsw give points for international work experience (outside canada) and express entry is not giving points. So we need to wait.

Yes agree. if a candidate have CLB 7 or above then they earn extra points and if a candidate is having less than CLB 7 then the candidate will not get those points. They didn't mention that candidate who have below CLB 7 cannot apply for EE.

bob2015

Mar 29, 2014
Cansen said:
Yes agree. if a candidate have CLB 7 or above then they earn extra points and if a candidate is having less than CLB 7 then the candidate will not get those points. They didn't mention that candidate who have below CLB 7 cannot apply for EE.

But my confusion is: Since you still have to meet the requirements of one of the federal programs (FSW etc) and their language minimum is CLB 7, wouldn't this still prevent/disqualify you from gaining entry into pool with EE?

rsx67

Dec 13, 2014
bob2015 said:
But my confusion is: Since you still have to meet the requirements of one of the federal programs (FSW etc) and their language minimum is CLB 7, wouldn't this still prevent/disqualify you from gaining entry into pool with EE?

I guess they kept that open option for those who are not FSWP such as FSTP/PNP.

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
bob2015 said:
Bob, the minimum requirement is as per Regulations 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations stated here:

(2) A foreign national is a skilled worker if
(a) within the 10 years before the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in the occupation identified by the foreign national in their application as their primary occupation, other than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;
(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties;
(d) they have submitted the results of an evaluation — by an organization or institution designated under subsection 74(3) and which must be less than two years old on the date on which their application is made — of their proficiency in either English or French indicating that they have met or exceeded the applicable language proficiency threshold fixed by the Minister under subsection 74(1) for each of the four language skill areas; and
(e) they have submitted one of the following:
(i) their Canadian educational credential, or
(ii) their foreign diploma, certificate or credential and the equivalency assessment, which assessment must be less than five years old on the date on which their application is made.

Now, under the EE model, the minimum threshold is NOT defined by the Minister AND you will earn points starting as low as CLB 3. But if you want to earn points on your foreign work experience, the language level needs be CLB 7 or higher...

bob2015

Mar 29, 2014
EasyCanadaVisa said:
Bob, the minimum requirement is as per Regulations 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations stated here:

(2) A foreign national is a skilled worker if
(a) within the 10 years before the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in the occupation identified by the foreign national in their application as their primary occupation, other than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;
(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties;
(d) they have submitted the results of an evaluation — by an organization or institution designated under subsection 74(3) and which must be less than two years old on the date on which their application is made — of their proficiency in either English or French indicating that they have met or exceeded the applicable language proficiency threshold fixed by the Minister under subsection 74(1) for each of the four language skill areas; and
(e) they have submitted one of the following:
(i) their Canadian educational credential, or
(ii) their foreign diploma, certificate or credential and the equivalency assessment, which assessment must be less than five years old on the date on which their application is made.

Now, under the EE model, the minimum threshold is NOT defined by the Minister AND you will earn points starting as low as CLB 3. But if you want to earn points on your foreign work experience, the language level needs be CLB 7 or higher...

Thanks for that, I do appreciate the feedback, but it still leaves me at the same point. Still fuzzy, not clearly stated, but it seems that it amounts to fact that if you don't have CLB 7, you have little chance, (or generally meeting minimum 67 points under FSW as per above). You may apply to EE but you stand no chance.

Am I correct in my assessment?

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
bob2015 said:
Thanks for that, I do appreciate the feedback, but it still leaves me at the same point. Still fuzzy, not clearly stated, but it seems that it amounts to fact that if you don't have CLB 7, you have little chance, (or generally meeting minimum 67 points under FSW as per above). You may apply to EE but you stand no chance.

Am I correct in my assessment?
EOI in Australia and EE in Canada is not based on Pass/Fail model. They are based on CRS model. In other words, at the time of picking up the candidates from the pool, you need to ranking high or higher among your peers to get the ITA. So, if someone has higher CRS than yours, he/she will get the ITA and you will still be in the pool with fingers crossed that in the next round you make it.

handsome25

Dec 15, 2014
I have score in IELTS

READING 5
LISTENING 5.5
WRITING 5.5
SPEAKING 5.5

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR FSW
HOW MUCH IS THE SCORE DO I GET COMPARING TO MY IELTS GIVEN ABOVE

KINDLY ALSO EXPLAIN ME WHAT IS CLB LEVEL

THANKS.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your results for language get your points for EE. If you get enough points overall, you get an invite.

But be aware, as others have mentioned, different immigration streams have different requirments.

So if for example you plan to apply through CEC, make sure your score is good enough for that particular immigration stream.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyCanadaVisa said:
I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. In order to be eligible to enter the EE system, you must FIRST meet the regulatory requirements of either FSW, FSTP, CEC or have a provincial nomination certificate. Express Entry is only an application management system! It doesn't change ANY of the eligibility requirements of categories of the Economic Classes EXCEPT how the program is going to be delivered. That's it. So a person applying in the FSW still needs a minimum CLB equivalent score of 7 in each of the language abilities = 6.0 in each for IELTS. EE is not an open pool. If you don't meet the eligibility requirements of one of the economic programs of immigration, your profile won't be accepted into the pool of eligible applicants.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
handsome25 said:
I have score in IELTS

READING 5
LISTENING 5.5
WRITING 5.5
SPEAKING 5.5

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR FSW
HOW MUCH IS THE SCORE DO I GET COMPARING TO MY IELTS GIVEN ABOVE

KINDLY ALSO EXPLAIN ME WHAT IS CLB LEVEL

THANKS.
No - you're not eligible for FSW through EE. To apply you need a minimum of 6 in each IELTS category. See rjessome's post above.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
rjessome said:
I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. In order to be eligible to enter the EE system, you must FIRST meet the regulatory requirements of either FSW, FSTP, CEC or have a provincial nomination certificate. Express Entry is only an application management system! It doesn't change ANY of the eligibility requirements of categories of the Economic Classes EXCEPT how the program is going to be delivered. That's it. So a person applying in the FSW still needs a minimum CLB equivalent score of 7 in each of the language abilities = 6.0 in each for IELTS. EE is not an open pool. If you don't meet the eligibility requirements of one of the economic programs of immigration, your profile won't be accepted into the pool of eligible applicants.
True!
Question is - Why the points being awarded for Language starting as low as CLB 3? Nowhere even in the Gazette says there is a minimum threshold. I would love to find out.
Thanks