+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score less than 6 eligible for Express emtry

monikasurana

Oct 5, 2014
Hello ,

I have completed my IELTS and received score on Dec 05 2014 with one ability less than 6 at 5.5. Can anyone update if i am eligible to apply for express entry given a point that i have 10+ years of experience and have full points on age and education.
Cannot go for IELTS again as i do not have slots until Jan end and remarking will take min 6 weeks.

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Min is 6 for IELTS for EE/.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
monikasurana said:
Hello ,

I have completed my IELTS and received score on Dec 05 2014 with one ability less than 6 at 5.5. Can anyone update if i am eligible to apply for express entry given a point that i have 10+ years of experience and have full points on age and education.
Cannot go for IELTS again as i do not have slots until Jan end and remarking will take min 6 weeks.

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks
you must have atleast 6 in All the Modules of IELTS.

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
I thought you can even with lower IELTS bands .. The only thing is that you won't get any points for the WorkExperience coupled with language points. That will reduce the chances of ITA but nowhere it says that there is a minimum threshold of CLB or IELTS.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Regina said:
Actually it is said somewhere on www.cic.gc.ca
In the current system, you have to have CLB 7 in General Trainings. But again nowhere it is mentioned that under the EE, you have to have a minimum language threshold.

Sorry Regina - somewhere on cic.gc.ca is not a good enough post...

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But again nowhere it is mentioned that under the EE, you have to have a minimum language threshold.
Not under EE but under FSW :

First official language (Maximum 24 points)
If you took the test on or after April 1, 2014:
CLB Level Ability: Speaking Ability: Listening Ability: Reading Ability: Writing Points per ability
CELPIP-G-2014 7 7 7 7 4
CELPIP-G-2014 8 8 8 8 5
CELPIP-G-2014 9 9 9 9 6
10 and above
CELPIP-G-2014 10+ 10+ 10+ 10+ 6
No points for level lower than CLB 7. (IELTS 6.0)

However, if you try here http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html
they have choice starting from CLB 3.
For CEC
If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC 0 or A job, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 7 in either English or French for all four language abilities.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language.asp
The rules for EE are still unclear.

agang1

Jun 22, 2013
Hi,
If you applying under CEC then of course 6 is MUST in each module.
I will suggest you to don't go for the reassessment of your score, it is totally time and money waste (Personal experience).
Thanks

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agang1 said:
Hi,
If you applying under CEC then of course 6 is MUST in each module.
I will suggest you to don't go for the reassessment of your score, it is totally time and money waste (Personal experience).
Thanks
The IELTS requirement which is shown in CIC website currently, is for till December 2014 (ie for the current paper based FSW). Still for EE the requirement is not announced.

bhuwanshrestha

Jun 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
5. Will Express Entry change immigration program requirements?

No. Express Entry will not change immigration program requirements. Express Entry is not a new program. It is a new way for CIC to manage the intake of economic immigration applications online.

Above point extracted from cic.gc.ca FAQs on EE
cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp

rsx67

Dec 13, 2014
Canadian Experience Class, NOC 0 & A needs CLB-7 and B needs CLB-5.
h t t p ://w w w .cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language.asp

I belong to NOC-B, I am on same board, my IELTS score is CLB-6.

I guess its unfair for having two different IELTS requirements for NOC-B in FSWP and CEC.

Since most of the PNP are okay with CLB6 for Skilled workers, how does EE aligns with PNP IELTS.
Hoping to see if it really helps in EE for NOC-B category candidates or at least PNP.

deeptj

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Perth
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
i didn't see anywhere on site that they need CLB 7 in EE program. Infact they have mentioned all the bands points on there sheet..
Less than CLB 4 0 0
CLB 4 or 5 6 6
CLB 6 8 9
CLB 7 16 17
CLB 8 22 23
CLB 9 29 31
CLB 10 or more 32 34
WHat does it means ? why there are points for CLB 4 or 5 or 6 ?? if they don't need score less then CLB7 ?

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhuwanshrestha said:
5. Will Express Entry change immigration program requirements?

No. Express Entry will not change immigration program requirements. Express Entry is not a new program. It is a new way for CIC to manage the intake of economic immigration applications online.

Above point extracted from cic.gc.ca FAQs on EE
cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp
Actually they have mentioned the requirements (like FSW,CEC, PNP) will not be changes for Express Entry. But in current fsw criteria they have mentioned that "These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015." So the fsw criteria or system has not been decided yet for express entry. The current criteria for fsw is till dec 2014.

Fsw criteria has not been published for 2015 yet. for ex: Current fsw give points for international work experience (outside canada) and express entry is not giving points. So we need to wait.