+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Score Expiring / Study Permit

sajitkhadka

Apr 25, 2018
I have got my acceptance letter from a college 20 days before my TOEFL expiration date. I am planning to apply for study permit within a day or two. But it is said that Canadian immigration takes a month or two for visa approval but till then my score will be expired.

Do I have to take a language test before applying for the study permit?
Does the Canadian Immigration checks the score/score validity before issuing study permit?

Last edited:

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
If the TOEFL has not expired on the day that you plan to apply then it should be ok.

Erfan115

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
I have got my acceptance letter from a college 20 days before my TOEFL expiration date. I am planning to apply for study permit within a day or two. But it is said that Canadian immigration takes a month or two for visa approval but till then my score will be expired.

Does the Canadian Immigration checks the score/score validity before issuing study permit?
My case is exactly same as yours

My IELTS expiry date was Jan 2018
Got accepted into the university on December 2017
Applied for the study permit on March 2018
My visa got accepted with the expired IELTS

I have no clear explanation for this as there can be many reasons why visa got approved with expired IELTS.

It could be because it was valid when I applied for the university.

It could be that IRCC just wants proof that you have good English skills to be able to study and live in Canada as their first language is English.

It could also be that my previous education was English curriculum. I provided my IGCSE and A Level results and in my IGCSE result, i have English as a second language.

What i can tell you is expired English proficiency does work and i am the proof that it does. However i cant tell for sure as to how it worked and what the visa officer saw in my file that convinced them from not asking for an updates IELTS.

I also had an overall band of 7.5 with 7.5 in all the departments.

Erfan115

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
In short, if your previous education is English curriculum and your toefl was valid during the admission and has good score, it's a garuntee they wont need an updated toefl as they didn't need it in my case

dahal1

Apr 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Canada

Hey bro what happened?

dahal1

Apr 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Canada
In short, if your previous education is English curriculum and your toefl was valid during the admission and has good score, it's a garuntee they wont need an updated toefl as they didn't need it in my case
Did yo apply with expired toefl?

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
My case is exactly same as yours

My IELTS expiry date was Jan 2018
Got accepted into the university on December 2017
Applied for the study permit on March 2018
My visa got accepted with the expired IELTS

I have no clear explanation for this as there can be many reasons why visa got approved with expired IELTS.

It could be because it was valid when I applied for the university.

It could be that IRCC just wants proof that you have good English skills to be able to study and live in Canada as their first language is English.

It could also be that my previous education was English curriculum. I provided my IGCSE and A Level results and in my IGCSE result, i have English as a second language.

What i can tell you is expired English proficiency does work and i am the proof that it does. However i cant tell for sure as to how it worked and what the visa officer saw in my file that convinced them from not asking for an updates IELTS.

I also had an overall band of 7.5 with 7.5 in all the departments.
hi i just want to know what is your native country?