+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS not required any more!!

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
Hi everyone,

I just read in one of the websites based in Toronto that IELTS is not any more one of the requirements for immigration to Canada.

If you can read in Persian (Farsi) visit the web here http://www.iranto.ca/persian/news/news-detail.php?nid=2062

Good luck to everyone.

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
I have added a link to the English source. See for yourself if it's daydreaming or reality.

Here's the link http://www.thestar.com/article/436519

One thing is that applicant still need to prove they're able to communicate in English. For that, Canadian authorities should come up with a local method of measuring English skills and not IELTS any more.

Good Luck to everyone.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aghijan said:
I have added a link to the English source. See for yourself if it's daydreaming or reality.

Here's the link http://www.thestar.com/article/436519

One thing is that applicant still need to prove they're able to communicate in English. For that, Canadian authorities should come up with a local method of measuring English skills and not IELTS any more.

Good Luck to everyone.
Whistlingi in the wind, CIC/CHC will still on IELTS for applicants whose mother tongue and education were not in English, they are just dropping the requirement that everyone, including those educated in a English speaking country take the IELTS>

PMM

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Nice...but wait a minute before all joy levels hit the roof!
This only stops a proposed "new law" which made IELTS testing mandatory ...It does not change the status quo...so if you are not a "native english speaker" .....even if educated in English, the onus is still on you to prove it (usually an ardous back and forth arguement)...most times it leads to a request for IELTS exam! I know 'cos all my education is in english, got two graduate degrees in the US and they still insisted i take the IELTS! I'd just go ahead and take it!

IbrahimAhmed

May 30, 2008
Hi Guys,

To me this looks next to impossible, bcoz how can they evalaute & this is good tool to compare someone's ability how does he (speaks / talks / write / listen) english...

I guess if a person who's mother tongue is English could get some relaxtion, where as beside that we all have to go thru this hectic test...

Cheers / Ibrahim

aryabarun

Apr 6, 2008
Hi guys,

Why on earth are you taking IELTS as the worst impediment on your way to Canada. I think we should take it as it is, prepare for it , take it and have a good score making our way to Canada. Escaping it and enjoying its so-called non-requirement lagislation will not solve anything. If more than one million people are already in the queue, we can only think of some more difficult meausers to contain this flow of applicants by Immigration ministry Canada. So better prepare for it It is a language test , a language learnt and studied will be to your advantage.

bujji1

Dec 9, 2007
I am from India and our education system is in English ( My mother Toungue is not English) . More over I have been staying in USA for 4 years and was there in UK for few months.But still I got IELTS request recently . So no way