India
Category........
FSW
I got overall 8.0

Listening - 8.0
Reading - 9.0
Writing - 7.0
Speaking - 8.0

This was first attempt. Thank you to my loved ones and God. Wishing good luck to everyone here.
Bc or idp
oh! :(

I got

L=9,
R=9,
W=6.5,
S=7.5,
OverAll=8

Got screwed by writing. Was honestly expecting better in that too.
Same thing happened with me 6.5 in writing. U gave from idp or bc?

hardeepSingh

Dec 23, 2014
Hello all!

For all those who have scored 7-8 bands in writing, could u pls guide how you prepared for this score.

I have given ielts 4times but not been able to surpass the score of 6.5.

In other sections, my score varies from 7.5-8.5.

Thanks

Reactions: Daouda ismaila

ashishpareek

Nov 10, 2018
I also wrote exam for IELTS General at Bangalore center IN001.

My result is also delayed and upon talking with customer care for BC, all I got was crap. Moreover, they started telling it is part of T&C that we accepted. I also received mail like many people here stating the same reason.

So if anyone from Bangalore center IN001 for IELTS who received their result let us know.

Oct 13, 2018
I also wrote exam for IELTS General at Bangalore center IN001.

My result is also delayed and upon talking with customer care for BC, all I got was crap. Moreover, they started telling it is part of T&C that we accepted. I also received mail like many people here stating the same reason.

So if anyone from Bangalore center IN001 for IELTS who received their result let us know.
There can be multiple reasons for the delay. One of the possibilities can be that the score gap between any two sections is more than two bands. How was your test? Heard that for today's IELTS, reading and listening was tougher than the one held on 27-october. May be many people have a score gap of more than 2 bands for this center/paper.

ashishpareek

Nov 10, 2018
There can be multiple reasons for the delay. One of the possibilities can be that the score gap between any two sections is more than two bands. How was your test? Heard that for today's IELTS, reading and listening was tougher than the one held on 27-october. May be many people have a score gap of more than 2 bands for this center/paper.
I don't think score gap is the reason. If you read some of the replies, people have mentioned scores where they had this gap but received the result on time. Moreover, one of my friend and his wife gave the test and result for both of them was also delayed. His wife didn't has 2 bands difference and he had the difference (on getting the result). And there are many other cases I saw/read/heard about where they had 2 bands difference but results were declared on time and in other cases where result was delayed but there was delay in result declaration.

But we can't do anything. We will have to wait. Someone wrote in previous comments where the person's wife called BC and they said for Bangalore IN001 test center there was some technical issue (not sure what that means, but surely something is wrong about IN001).

Oct 13, 2018
Even if we rule out the band difference, we cannot rule out the random auditing. Not many people from this center have reported delay in results. I also called the BC call centre and asked if there was some issue with this center, they said that they cannot comment.

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
I was checking online about re-check.
And one of the article said, if there's a 2 band difference between any 2 skills (say Listening 8.5, Writing 6), then they automatically re-check your answers before finalizing the result so paying money to have another re-check would probably not change anything.
Can you give me the link/page to the article that says about 2 band difference and automatic re-check ?

I have heard about this before, never seen anything official about this. I have given for EOR with a 2 band difference, waiting for the result now. I read about people in this forum getting increase even with an initial 2 band difference. Not very hopeful about my EOR though.

MY.CANADADREAMS

Sep 30, 2018
Hi Guys,

I got L=8.5, r=8.5 , s=7.5 and w = 7.5 which is CLB 10
I had booked 2 ielts together so i gave the second one too in which i got
L=9 R = 9 W=7 S=8.5
in the second attempt i missed in writing with .5 marks.
Does anyone knows if the CLB calculation ever changes for canada ? If yes, should i go for revaluation although I have received a CLB 10 already !
Pls do not judge I have given it twice hence this question !

Reactions: Reeva Gandhi

Captain3bs

Nov 10, 2018
Hello Guys ,

This is my fifth attempt and still stuck in writing at 6.5 LSWR 8.5,7.5,6.5,7.5 .Kindly suggest me if recheck will provide the much needed band 0.5 . Also i heard theories that for Canada Immigration they purposely reduce students mark so that he wont be eligible to Express entry . i already have given exams from both centers BC and IDP , Seriously now frustrated a lot , will try one last time with gap of 4 months . any suggestions are welcome ???

PRPR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

This was my 7th attempt...I finally received the desired scores.

Listening - 9.0
Reading - 7.5
Writing - 7.0
Speaking - 7.5
My crs is 457 now

Just one advice guys...if i can ace it then anyone can get it...just don't lose hope and give your best in each attempt.

(I lost three times earlier caz of .5 difference in listening and reading)
Congrats :) Well done !

Reactions: charania203

charania203

Oct 29, 2018
Hello everyone,

This was my 7th attempt...I finally received the desired scores.

Listening - 9.0
Reading - 7.5
Writing - 7.0
Speaking - 7.5
My crs is 457 now

Just one advice guys...if i can ace it then anyone can get it...just don't lose hope and give your best in each attempt.

(I lost three times earlier caz of .5 difference in listening and reading)

Hi Congrates... Can u please share more on Writing techniques. I am stucked here.
Thanks

charania203

Oct 29, 2018
@charania203,

I really don't have any tips as such but you can follow a few steps.

1) instead of writing the essays just read a lot of sample essays from ieltspodcast.com, ieltsanswers.com, ieltsliz.com

2) create an idea bank for the most common topics along with 10-15 topic vocabulary.

3) get your essays checked by anyone who is an expert in the language or you can use the service of former examiner Mike...his website is ieltsanswers.com

4)last but not the least try to follow the common structure.

All the best
Thank you for your valuable tips...

Reeva Gandhi

Oct 22, 2018
Hi Guys,

I got L=8.5, r=8.5 , s=7.5 and w = 7.5 which is CLB 10
I had booked 2 ielts together so i gave the second one too in which i got
L=9 R = 9 W=7 S=8.5
in the second attempt i missed in writing with .5 marks.
Does anyone knows if the CLB calculation ever changes for canada ? If yes, should i go for revaluation although I have received a CLB 10 already !
Pls do not judge I have given it twice hence this question !
CLB 9 or more is anyways good to go for PR in Canada