+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts Gt 29th September north america answers

Asinerate

Sep 9, 2018
I don't remember the word "The" in question and the phrase : "The early 20th century" meet the condition NO MORE THAN 3 WORDS AND/OR NUMBER
I remember pretty clearly there was a the in the question. Also, I don't think 20th should be considered a number, I believe it's just the abbreviation of twentieth which is adjective. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eli31

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
I don't remember the word "The" in question and the phrase : "The early 20th century" meet the condition NO MORE THAN 3 WORDS AND/OR NUMBER
It meets, but “the” did show up in the question already.

Reactions: Eli31

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
I see, I was running out of time, hope I have written the right answer, good luck

Asinerate

Sep 9, 2018
Actually the is not in the question. In question it is mentioned by??
Maybe there are slight differences in each region I took mine in Toronto and there is definitely a 'the' the that question "The flax trade is peaked at the ____ or something like this".

Reactions: JssAmA

nepoli

Sep 30, 2018
Regarding reading, I tried my best to memorize all of them.
1 - 9 , I can remember the exact order
For article A a show about words returns with a new series of .. Look at politicians .. use words sell their ideas
- domestic problem
- First of a series related to a topic
For article B - in jungle forest, a host with grow reputation ......
- grow host repuation
For article C - 1 or 2 ... tell you a chill story. in a darkened room
- based on a book
- Give you instruction to get the best of the show
For article D - have trouble when they changed their lifestyle
- change in lifestyle
For article E - 1470 years ago, and found unexpectedly ... are trying to find cues.
- from unexpected find
- learn about past
- find out mystery

Section 2: booking
10. Not given - booking online will reduce fee
11. False - student all half price on all concert
12. True - concession must be asked before purchasing a ticket
13. False - All booking must be paid immediately
14 True - You will be charged a set amount to resell your ticket

Section 3: Recruitment
15. Specification(s) - forgot whether there is a s or not
16. agenda
17. aspect
18 sample - of technical writing
19 assessments - of criteria

Section 4: Promotion
22. Qualifications
23. objectives
24. commitment
25 projects - contribute to the company projects, so you get visibility
26 summary - give a __ of achievements
27. challenges - talk to your colleges, they are experiencing

Section 5: Flax
28. T - Flax can be found in many places (Mentioned in article that it can be found in wetland, coastline and hillcountry )
29. F - They use flax as food (False as it's clearly mentioned that they are used in many places except diet)
30 NG - flax flower has many uses
31 NG - have technique to make soft xxxx (Could be true since it's used as garment, didn't really know it will be this subtle.)
32 NG - Best can be found on hillside or something like this (Some say it's false because they have their own plantation, I don't really think in that way though)
33 F - has one type for all situations (They one type for every situation)

34. strangers - dont show this to
35 mass-produced woollen blankets
36 London -large shipment to
37 early 20th century
38 natural products
39 paper sweets

40 B - Flax, a role in the past, current and future of New Zealand
I think for 'domestic problem' is for Article D, because they were having family issues after the move and such
25. magazine
31. I think is true because it said that they had technique when it was green and something
35. do you think if just "woollen blankets" will get full score?
40. i think the answer is Flax - something about past or such, because the entirety of the article talks about what had happened before, and only in the final paragraph it talks briefly about what is happening now and one sentence about maybe it will change in the future. so there isint much talk about the current or the future. what do you think?

nepoli

Sep 30, 2018
30 many things but there were no info ant flowers
32 they have thier own plantation, so its true
It said that they travelled many places, and we dont know if the plantations are hillside or at the coast so we actually do not know where the best are found.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
I think for 'domestic problem' is for Article D, because they were having family issues after the move and such
25. magazine
31. I think is true because it said that they had technique when it was green and something
40. i think the answer is Flax - something about past or such, because the entirety of the article talks about what had happened before, and only in the final paragraph it talks briefly about what is happening now and one sentence about maybe it will change in the future. so there isint much talk about the current or the future. what do you think?
Agree to ur “domestic” answer, 31 and 40.

For “woollen blankects”, I think as long as u copied the exact phrase from the article, then it should be given mark.

For 40, I initinially chose B, but based on the same thought as urs - 85% of the whole article talking about the past, I debated between A (past...Maori) or C (past...New Zealanders). Again, since most like half of the article is discussing about Maori, that’s why I chose A. I could be wrong, especially seeing so many picking A.

nepoli

Sep 30, 2018
Agree to ur “domestic” answer, 31 and 40.

For “woollen blankects”, I think as long as u copied the exact phrase from the article, then it should be given mark.

For 40, I initinially chose B, but based on the same thought as urs - 85% of the whole article talking about the past, I debated between A (past...Maori) or C (past...New Zealanders). Again, since most like half of the article is discussing about Maori, that’s why I chose A. I could be wrong, especially seeing so many picking A.
Yes, 40 was particularly hard. I think it's easy to see how Maori could be the answer since there was the picture and it does talk a lot about it. But as far as I remember the first paragraph does not mention Maori, and also after talking about when the British come to the island there is no mention of Maori after that or in the final paragraph. If the title had Maori I would have expected them to be mentioned again in the end. I thought the Maori title was a false lead, but I might be thinking too much as well.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
It said that they travelled many places, and we dont know if the plantations are hillside or at the coast so we actually do not know where the best are found.
In my thought, it is NOT GIVEN for hillside since they did not mention the hillside in article (if I did not misunderstand or miss any part of the article). If they gave where the best place to find instead of hillside, then it is FALSE to the question, since we know the exact place instead of nowhere. I could be wrong.

Asinerate

Sep 9, 2018
25. magazine
I really have no idea regarding domestic problem because it can mean both home or country. I looked it up in Cambridge dictionary (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/domestic) and found this example:
Here, it means country. I thought politicians using words to sell their ideas is some kind of country problem. But i am really not sure though.

25. I read the whole paragraph, and can only find a noun that's in the paragraph and makes sense somehow, and its "project". I don't really remember seeing "magazine", I could be wrong.

31. You might be correct as someone says Maori can make garment which means they have techniques to soften it. I never thought reading could be this tricky.

35. I hope they are flexible because both of them should be correct.

40. It's really tricky, to be honest, I really didn't put much thoughts into this question. I read something about the current and future, then i picked B.

What do you think about the rest of reading Section 1?

Last edited:

nepoli

Sep 30, 2018
I really have no idea regarding domestic problem because it can mean both home or country. I looked it up in Cambridge dictionary (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/domestic) and found this example:
Here, it means country. I thought politicians using words to sell their ideas is some kind of country problem. But i am really not sure though.

25. I read the whole paragraph, and can only find a noun that's in the paragraph and makes sense somehow, and its "project". I don't really remember seeing "magazine", I could be wrong.

31. You might be correct as someone says Maori can make garment which means they have techniques to soften it. I never thought reading could be this tricky.

35. I hope they are flexible because both of them should be correct.

40. It's really tricky, to be honest, I really didn't put much thoughts into this question. I read something about the current and future, then i picked B.

What do you think about the rest of reading Section 1?
Ya, it is frustrating how the answers can be different because of just one small detail; they like to make it confusing.
I wrote the same answers as you did for the other parts.
However, question 12 was a bit confusing for me, even though I also did True, because it said concessions should be brought up either when purchasing or when collecting, or something like that. So, the statement is technically true. But I dont know if it's false because it didnt mention the other way to get concessions.

i tried to find if these readings have already been used to find actual answers , but couldnt and just ended up finding this forum lol

nepoli

Sep 30, 2018
My answers for listening:

Page 1:
1 WX717435T
2. April 30 date of birth
3. bike
4. COMPUCAN
5. 630 (Should be 560, since initial price is 700 and 10 percent off for each year
6. Keyboard - broken
7. Family - use
8. Train
9. Seat - it was on seat
10 Report - from a company

Page 2:
Courses that you need to bring your own materials
11. A - Card making
12. D - Mosaics
Courses that last longer than 1 term
13. A - introduction to interior design
14. E - Practical gardening

Page 3:
15. A change in venue - Music
16. ? for children and adults - yoga
17. C minimum age - taichi
18. ? special price - Lacrosse
19. ? Great coach - Tennis
20. ? Regional competition - Golf

Page 4.
21. B - she had some contacts in the company
22. A - Shortage of stock
23. C - Dealt with stuff they haven't been taught
24. A - unfulfilled promises
25. B - ??? Something about company and role ???

Page 5.
26. Previous intern - in same place
27. Professor - talk to ____ and explain the problem
28. Line manager
29. Some organizer
30. Student advisor - ask more information from ___

Page 6. (not correct order)
31 Roof.
32. Newspaper
33. Wild
34. Feeding time
35. Temperature
36. Fluid(s) - not sure fluid or fluids, maybe both of them are correct
37. Size
38. Bones
39. hot weather
40. Kidney
For question 40. I put Kidney sickness or something that was two words. dont know if that is right or not. Either way, all the rest are same as yours, and I think it's all correct ( I dont remember what I put for 29) 39 out of 40 is not bad.

Jayaprabha

Jul 8, 2018
I found this in net

Perhaps convenience—the fast-food factor—was the main attraction. Pakeha materials came as cloth or finished clothing. Making a garment from scratch out of flax was a lot of work. It could take months for something elaborate. As a result, the mass-produced woollen blanket supplanted the hand-woven fibre cloak in the Maori wardrobe. Harakeke fell from grace, its special cultivars largely neglected.

Reactions: JssAmA