+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS GT 18 Jan 2020 - Paper based test - Join here

Akahdhdhdhdh

Oct 26, 2017
on 18th jan test in canada .. Did anyone had listening with first section stolen bag, then urban planning development, then something regarding supermarkets .. please share answers in case anyone had this exam !
Lets discuss answers. I given my exam on 18 jan canada

DinaShehada

Jan 19, 2020
Do you remember what caused the extinction of moa birds?
Animals, climatic change or humans
I wrote animals.. but not sure but I believe I heard them talking that it was a source of protein and that it was used to make some kind of animal that was not used to cold warm

RoySumana

Jan 19, 2020
I don't remember exactly, but definitely not all 3 are NG. It was a mix of false and NG is what I remember
There was one question (second last or third last) where it was mentioned as "they must share their garbage bin with their neighbors" but in para it was mentioned as they can "consider" sharing with the neighbors so I think that will be false cause it is a contradicting sentence..please provide your comment

Last edited:

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
There was one question (second last or third last) where it was mentioned as "they must share their garbage bin with their neighbors" but in para it was mentioned as they can "consider" sharing with the neighbors so I think that will be false cause it is a contradicting sentence..please provide your comment
Very true
Lets look at it the way around if in text it says :
1 they can waste half full bags then the answer would be not given
2 if it stated each resident has to waste their own brown bags then it would deliberately be false
3 but the text stated that half full bags are rather shared with neighbors then why if wouldbe false or n/g when the question is: must they share waste bags when not full ? True

Just thinking loud please share your thoughts too

sourabha_in

Jan 3, 2020
Very true
Lets look at it the way around if in text it says :
1 they can waste half full bags then the answer would be not given
2 if it stated each resident has to waste their own brown bags then it would deliberately be false
3 but the text stated that half full bags are rather shared with neighbors then why if wouldbe false or n/g when the question is: must they share waste bags when not full ? True

Just thinking loud please share your thoughts too
The answer is FALSE, because in the passage it was mentioned - "it is good to share it with neighbor" That means it was not a condition, just an option.

Must mean a necessity - you have to share it with a neighbor, so the answer is "False".

RoySumana

Jan 19, 2020
The answer is FALSE, because in the passage it was mentioned - "it is good to share it with neighbor" That means it was not a condition, just an option.

Must mean a necessity - you have to share it with a neighbor, so the answer is "False".
Yes even I think the same...it Should be false..

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Yes even I think the same...it Should be false..
Yes surely you have a strong point here
However, in realty if you recieved such instruction in real life do you think you don't necessarily have to share the bag while you were asked to ?

It is a contradictory question indeed and i have answered in different perspective,
But yes i agree with you, in theory it might be false.

But if i believed after reading the given waste disposal instructions that it is a must to share, would "True" be a wrong answer that i should be peneltized one mark for?.

Good luck to all

Last edited:

somieo

Jan 22, 2020
Please does anyone remember the exact answers in sequence of the map reading for listening . Qstns 17 to 20. The one that most likely had all by the right side ? Thanks

DinaShehada

Jan 19, 2020
Please does anyone remember the exact answers in sequence of the map reading for listening . Qstns 17 to 20. The one that most likely had all by the right side ? Thanks
What i remember
convention was behind reception in the middle
exit Top right and
other 2 also on the right don't remember them I hope it is right

somieo

Jan 22, 2020
Does it match yours?
I wrote

A
E
B
F
Or F B for the last 2 , not sure anymore . I lost concentration a little bit during the map reading and it has me worried ..So I am not sure but all the answers I wrote were on the right and the wood cutting studio the very first question , I placed it beside the kitchen across the road . I truly hope it is right . The last one was above the kayaks I think .

DinaShehada

Jan 19, 2020
I wrote

A
E
B
F
Or F B for the last 2 , not sure anymore . I lost concentration a little bit during the map reading and it has me worried ..So I am not sure but all the answers I wrote were on the right and the wood cutting studio the very first question , I placed it beside the kitchen across the road . I truly hope it is right . The last one was above the kayaks I think .
.. across the road is the one in the middle right (A)
I lost concentration as well I missed the place of the first one and after I finished I assumed it will be in the middle .. so I am not sure as well . Best of luck for both of us

somieo

Jan 22, 2020
.. across the road is the one in the middle right (A)
I lost concentration as well I missed the place of the first one and after I finished I assumed it will be in the middle .. so I am not sure as well . Best of luck for both of us
Yea best of luck to us