+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS GT 12th MAY Answers

AminMackie

May 13, 2018
I wrote ng for national and commercial sector coz i dont think commercial is exactly the same as private
For electronic equipment, it was written they don't use electronic devices or was written they use? I think laser and ultra sound are electronic equipment
One of synonyms of "commercial" is "private enterprise", and with regard to electronic equipment, it was said "they avoid using electronic devices" which is FALSE.

ali b

May 14, 2018
I remember he said inform your supervisor, then your supervisor will tell the duty manager. No?

Section 2 i believe was about the physiotherapy centre

Then it was the strawberry farm section

The first answer was

17. Water (bring to work)
18. call the duty manager (if absent)
19. Baskets are not returned (this was he current problem as pricing was last years problem and was resolved)
20. Some quantity of fresh fruit for free

alabia

May 12, 2018
OK
That’s completely untrue. In my last attempt there were no yes. So you can’t force a yes or no. Also, first two sentence were clearly present in passage.
OK then. I noticed from various practices and some tips sites anyway. But I want to agree with you so I don't generalise opinion.

alabia

May 12, 2018
I wrote ng for national and commercial sector coz i dont think commercial is exactly the same as private
For electronic equipment, it was written they don't use electronic devices or was written they use? I think laser and ultra sound are electronic equipment
Commercial is private, state is govt/national. That's how I saw it.

ahmad3773

May 14, 2018
I believe section 4 was the sustainibility one:

31. Confusion - Aim of lecture
32. Generations - sustainibility definition

33. Environment - Myth 1
34. right - poorer nation have same right as richer to resources
35. Time - issue with development of tech.
36. Accept nuclear - lobby of sustainibility

37. Corn - was the plant which requires water
38. Changes in diet

If someone remembers the other questions do let me know.
For sequencing i am not sure but i believe these are the 10 answers,

31 confusion
32 right
33 generation
34 environment
35 living
36 time
37 roads
38 corn
39 accept
40 diet

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Actually, it was said "they avoid using electronic devices"
Just out of curosity.

I think electronic device was not mentioned.
And if laser and ultrasound were mentioned, they can be non electric ones too. So how can we assume it’s electronic.

So it can be not given. Just my thought

Madeeha1989

May 12, 2018
Whenever you see a TFN or YN not given questions and your answers does not have at least one yes/true, one false/no and one not given. Just know that uare wrong somewhere. So for this one, yes yes not given cannot be correct. Its yes no notgiven. But poor me I didn't pay attention to d instruction, so I wrote true false notgiven. Sad.
I remember he said inform your supervisor, then your supervisor will tell the duty manager. No?

Actually duty manager was in the strawberry farm topic. It said before this dont leave a message on phone as it would be too late when someone gets tht message.

And inform supervisor about absence was in the reading section

AminMackie

May 13, 2018
Just out of curosity.

I think electronic device was not mentioned.
And if laser and ultrasound were mentioned, they can be non electric ones too. So how can we assume it’s electronic.

So it can be not given. Just my thought
There was nothing said about ultrasound and laser being electronic devices in the passage, however in the question, it was said "they avoid using electronic devices". I agree with you; this was an unfair, tricky question. Finally, I decided to go with the statement being FALSE because laser and ultrasound must be electronic based on my knowledge.
It gave me a hard time. Same goes true with "using different procedure for adult and children". First, I wrote down NOT GIVEN, then changed it to TRUE in the last minute.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
There was nothing said about ultrasound and laser being electronic devices in the passage, however in the question, it was said "they avoid using electronic devices". I agree with you; this was an unfair, tricky question. Finally, I decided to go with the statement being FALSE because laser and ultrasound must be electronic based on my knowledge.
It gave me a hard time. Same goes true with "using different procedure for adult and children". First, I wrote down NOT GIVEN, then changed it to TRUE in the last minute.
Agree but you are not suppose to use your knowledge in reading section. It’s what you see in passage or has meaning exactly same but with synonyms.

I don’t know why in some questions their own method doesn’t work.

AminMackie

May 13, 2018
Agree but you are not suppose to use your knowledge in reading section. It’s what you see in passage or has meaning exactly same but with synonyms.

I don’t know why in some questions their own method doesn’t work.
You're absolutely right. We can do nothing but wait until the results come up.

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
Correct..it is electronic..if it said they don't then it's false otherwise true