+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS General Reading Practice

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi Guys ,

I have my IELTS exam on 10th oct and for me reading section is the toughest. Can we discuss our doubts here ?

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
what was your score ? Mine was third too i got 8888 .. i need 8.5 in listening...... but my reading is weak too... so practicing evrything !

JSSJMD22

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
what was your score ? Mine was third too i got 8888 .. i need 8.5 in listening...... but my reading is weak too... so practicing evrything !
OMG, even after getting 8 in all you are calling your self "weak" . :p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

My target is 8777 , so far i reached 7 ,6.5 ,6.5 , 7. For the the toughest is writing.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
OMG, even after getting 8 in all you are calling your self "weak" . :p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

My target is 8777 , so far i reached 7 ,6.5 ,6.5 , 7. For the the toughest is writing.
where will that get you ? i mean 8777 ? calculate the CRS ... i feel if you do not have PG you will have to get 8.5 8 8 7.5

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
basically its in true false not given.

See, for example..

passage
As Titanic sank, another ship, believed to have been the Californian, was seen motionless less than 20 miles away. The ship failed to respond to the Titanic's eight distress rockets. Although the officers of the Californian tried to signal the Titanic with their flashing Morse lamp, they did not wake up their radio operator to listen for a distress call. In case of the Californian operator slept unaware while 1500 Titanic passengers drowned only a few miles away.

Statement for y/n/ng:
The captain of the Californian would have brought his ship to the rescue if he had realized that the Titanic was sinking.

The answer i wrote is not given but the correct answer is true ....can anyone explain why ?

syntaxrage

May 21, 2018
basically its in true false not given.

See, for example..

passage
As Titanic sank, another ship, believed to have been the Californian, was seen motionless less than 20 miles away. The ship failed to respond to the Titanic's eight distress rockets. Although the officers of the Californian tried to signal the Titanic with their flashing Morse lamp, they did not wake up their radio operator to listen for a distress call. In case of the Californian operator slept unaware while 1500 Titanic passengers drowned only a few miles away.

Statement for y/n/ng:
The captain of the Californian would have brought his ship to the rescue if he had realized that the Titanic was sinking.

The answer i wrote is not given but the correct answer is true ....can anyone explain why ?
I would have said true to this.
1. The ship failed to respond to the Titanic's eight distress rockets ( attempts were made to communicate )
2. did not wake up their radio operator to listen for a distress call ( if the officers woke the radio operator, they would have been aware of the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranbir_Dhillon

syntaxrage

May 21, 2018
I am doing General October 27th.
Listening. I am good (but can't be complacent, always need to practice)
Reading . Good( but always need to practice , especially with those true, false and not given questions)
Speaking (Good)
Writing ( This is where I have to practice and focus on the most)
Any pointers on writing?

syntaxrage

May 21, 2018
  1. Passage excerpt: Being a buddy is voluntary. There is no “requirement” to provide assistance beyond the help outlined above. However, we hope that the buddy and new students will enjoy each other’s company and continue to meet each other.
True / False / Not Given

Question: Buddies will be paid a small allowance.

I am anxiously waiting to read responses.

itsme22

Star Member
May 28, 2018
  1. Passage excerpt: Being a buddy is voluntary. There is no “requirement” to provide assistance beyond the help outlined above. However, we hope that the buddy and new students will enjoy each other’s company and continue to meet each other.
True / False / Not Given

Question: Buddies will be paid a small allowance.

I am anxiously waiting to read responses.
i think it's false

Reactions: syntaxrage