+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS General Computer Based -Listening

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi Max,

I gave my CD IELTS IDP yesterday. In hpw many days should i expect the result. The website says 5-7 days but i want to know from someone who has given the test. Is it 5 or 6 or 7 days?
Hi, I got mine exactly on the fifth day. You’ll initially get the the result via text message on your registered number. After that, within two hours it’ll be updated on your candidate login centre with your E-TRF report. If you want a hard copy of your TRF you’ll have to send an email requesting it.

Reactions: Ankurpno

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Can anyone help me understand this situation please.

I am trying to register for IELTS computer delivered test. I have chosen my test time but when I try to choose the speaking time it keeps saying that the speaking slot is not available. Has anyone else experienced this? apparently I cant go forward with the registration without choosing a speaking slot.
I have sent an email to them but I am wondering if anyone went through the same issue and how they may have resolved it.
Hi, which one are you going to take IDP or British council? I did IDP and you don’t get to choose the speaking slot as it’ll be given directly by them. Moreover, I didn’t experience any issues with registration process as the website only gave me an option for LRW date and time.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi, which one are you going to take IDP or British council? I did IDP and you don’t get to choose the speaking slot as it’ll be given directly by them. Moreover, I didn’t experience any issues with registration process as the website only gave me an option for LRW date and time.
I am going to take British Council. I would have done it the way you did yours but it isn't giving me a link to proceed. It's like you cant proceed without a speaking time slot.

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
I am going to take British Council. I would have done it the way you did yours but it isn't giving me a link to proceed. It's like you cant proceed without a speaking time slot.
Well I’m not sure why but it could be some technical problem in the website. I’ve never taken BC computer based exam hence I’m unable to give you first hand advice though you could try to pick different date and time or use different browser that’s my two cents.

Reactions: co2020

Ankurpno

May 11, 2019
Hi, I got mine exactly on the fifth day. You’ll initially get the the result via text message on your registered number. After that, within two hours it’ll be updated on your candidate login centre with your E-TRF report. If you want a hard copy of your TRF you’ll have to send an email requesting it.
Thanks for your reply. Another silly question, 5th day including test day or not?

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Thanks for your reply. Another silly question, 5th day including test day or not?
Hi, yes including the test day. It can vary by a day or two depending on the test centres. I know couple of guys who got their results 4 days from the test and as well as 8 days. I would say average is 5 days so,hang in there:)

Reactions: Ankurpno