+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts General American countries 10th November

Jackey91

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Here are the ones that I am not sure or I did not hear clearly:

Matilade (I wrote and might be incorrect)
South (I wrote S capital so marked incorrect)
Jet-Ski (incorrect)
Map second last one (I wrote G, I guess)
Nuts-breads (considered incorrect)
600 shops (considered incorrect)

Everything else I heard loud and clear. I guess. I am guessing another 1-2 might be somewhere. Feels like 7.5 or at least 7. Not good. Have to reappear for the test.

anuch2588

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Here are the ones that I am not sure or I did not hear clearly:

Matilade (I wrote and might be incorrect)
South (I wrote S capital so marked incorrect)
Jet-Ski (incorrect)
Map second last one (I wrote G, I guess)
Nuts-breads (considered incorrect)
600 shops (considered incorrect)

Everything else I heard loud and clear. I guess. I am guessing another 1-2 might be somewhere. Feels like 7.5 or at least 7. Not good. Have to reappear for the test.
Are you aure Jet ski is incorrect...

Jackey91

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
I guess D C H F is correct... And does anyone remeber who decided on foods to birds... Students / observer
I wrote observer because students will give options but at the end observers need to put tick mark as per their choice out of those options.

mima50

Nov 12, 2018
Somebody said they heard banana-boat for sure so I considered as incorrect.
Oh, just to make it clear, I took the test with a friend, and he is the one who heard the banana boat´s schedule. I was lost in this part, it was too fast for me too. I would love to hear somebody else's impressions about this question. I couldn´t even understand the word "banana", but, as far as the structure of this part goes, it is likely that they discussed all the items described as a possible answer. It is just a matter of being able to pay attention and understand the details about each option...

mima50

Nov 12, 2018
I wrote observer because students will give options but at the end observers need to put tick mark as per their choice out of those options.
Well, I am not sure, of course, but it seems to me that they were focusing the discussion on how to prepare the form. In that sense, that would be an information provided by the students (regarding selected bird food).

anuch2588

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
How much raw score is equivalent to 8 bamds exactly . I am on boundary I guess
1. I selected yellow trail
2. Banana boat ride
3. Smooth scale
4. Hose
5. Briquettes

Reactions: mima50

mima50

Nov 12, 2018
How much raw score is equivalent to 8 bamds exactly . I am on boundary I guess
1. I selected yellow trail
2. Banana boat ride
3. Smooth scale
4. Hose
5. Briquettes
I am in the same situation... :-(

They say 35 marks to score 8 is an estimate. I think IELTS should be more transparent in that regard. They report only the score, not the total marks.

Reactions: anuch2588

Jackey91

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Well, I am not sure, of course, but it seems to me that they were focusing the discussion on how to prepare the form. In that sense, that would be an information provided by the students (regarding selected bird food).
I think question was about the who feels out the information and I wrote observer because in reality students will give options but at the end it is upto observer which one choose.

Jackey91

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Oh, just to make it clear, I took the test with a friend, and he is the one who heard the banana boat´s schedule. I was lost in this part, it was too fast for me too. I would love to hear somebody else's impressions about this question. I couldn´t even understand the word "banana", but, as far as the structure of this part goes, it is likely that they discussed all the items described as a possible answer. It is just a matter of being able to pay attention and understand the details about each option...
I agree, I had the same situation that I did not hear anything like boat but who knows. I realized that for jet-ski they bragged about it for a while with running over the weekend as well statement so I chose that.