+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS General 1st February 2018 Answer Key

testtaker1

Feb 4, 2018
Hi,

I have a concern regarding the combined questions in the listening section here two people are discussing about the robots. While answering those i mentioned one option in each question in the order that it was heard in the recording. Ex if the recording said that robots monitor the vital organs and give reminders to patients i mentioned one of them for one question and the next one to the following instead of combining them and mentioning them for both questions. Followed the same format for the next set of combined question too in the same section where the possible answers were something to do with loneliness and independence . I am wondering if this is the right approach or have a lost on those 4 questions. Please advise!!!

Thanks

testtaker1

Feb 4, 2018
Hi,

I have a concern regarding the combined questions in the listening section here two people are discussing about the robots. While answering those i mentioned one option in each question in the order that it was heard in the recording. Ex if the recording said that robots monitor the vital organs and give reminders to patients i mentioned one of them for one question and the next one to the following instead of combining them and mentioning them for both questions. Followed the same format for the next set of combined question too in the same section where the possible answers were something to do with loneliness and independence . I am wondering if this is the right approach or have a lost on those 4 questions. Please advise!!!

Thanks

Let me collaborate Listening

Section 1

Berlin
5th November
Cowper
Bank house
Leg room
Wheelchair
150 pounds
Bank transfer
Nuts
Weekly return

Section 2
Cakes
Salads
Story
Mat
Stretching
Parent

Section 3 i guess

E - Pay in advance
C - Pay at the door
B or A - Not sure about the answers

Robots

1) Measures medicine
2) Reminders

1) Independence
2) Politeness

Robot MCQ

1) Length of study
2) South korea and new zealand Different responsibilities
3) Suitable house
4) Politeness of robot
5) Happy/ Liked with technology

Last section part 4

Skin
Sun
Light
Soldiers
FEET
Paints or paint not sure
Forest
Digestion
Legal

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi,

Thanks
I think yours is the correct approach - I did opposite (mentioned both letters in both questions) and I am wondering if this is acceptable? I think both of these should be acceptable but you never know. However, your approach is more 'common'.

Reactions: Dhelf

testtaker1

Feb 4, 2018
I think yours is the correct approach - I did opposite (mentioned both letters in both questions) and I am wondering if this is acceptable? I think both of these should be acceptable but you never know. However, your approach is more 'common'.
Well I hope both approaches are acceptable because end of the day answers to the questions are right and its not a life or death situation where anyone is gonna loose anything. I hope each approach is scored fairly as it doesn't look wrong to me either ways.

Reactions: Soumojit

Musman87

Feb 1, 2018
Answers were as
1. True

Answers were as follows :-
1. True - volunteer service means unpaid
2. Not Given- mountain radio for long distances
3. False - ???
4. True - prices vary between sellers
5. True - can pass messages for you
6. Not given - most calls answered during afternoon because base 3 times a day. No information for call answering time
7. False - calls answered most of the time at emergency station but not guaranteed.

There was one more to tell ,they can call to base station to give information ???? But not sure.
Ur answers do match almost mine too
As far as i remember there were 8 questions in part 1

Musman87

Feb 1, 2018
But as a whole i think listening part was tuffer since 6 Jan and so was reading part too..

Vijay77

Mar 8, 2017
All,
Does anyone know what were the three answer options for question no.27? I vaguely remember that I answered something like the house had all types of subjects. But i see many of you here have answered as "suitable house".