+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Expiration vs ITA (FSW)

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
I have a question about IELTS. My IELTS will expire (2 years) in the end of May.

Yesterday I received OINP nomination and I will receive ITA on next draw.

My idea is to accept ITA right away, in February.

That being said, will I need to take another IELTS testing or should I be good since mine expires in May only?

Thanks.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
lpera said:
I have a question about IELTS. My IELTS will expire (2 years) in the end of May.

Yesterday I received OINP nomination and I will receive ITA on next draw.

My idea is to accept ITA right away, in February.

That being said, will I need to take another IELTS testing or should I be good since mine expires in May only?

Thanks.
As far as I am aware (read it on another thread in this forum, not able to locate it - may be you can look up the same), that your IELTS does not matter once you get ITA (provided it is valid when you get your ITA).

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Stanlee said:
As far as I am aware (read it on another thread in this forum, not able to locate it - may be you can look up the same), that your IELTS does not matter once you get ITA (provided it is valid when you get your ITA).
Thanks, I tried to locate it as well and could not.

Can anyone please confirm?

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
IELTS needs to be valid only till post ITA submission.
What does that mean? If I receive ITA and accept it before May I am good or should I take another test because it needs to be valid until I receive PR?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lpera said:
What does that mean? If I receive ITA and accept it before May I am good or should I take another test because it needs to be valid until I receive PR?
Exactly what I said. If you receive an ITA, accept it and submit the application before your IELTS expires, you don't have to retake the test.