+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Deaf exempted from Speaking and Listening

JohnRich30

May 26, 2016
Hello Folks, I'm Deaf (not mute) from India and I have been contacting British Council back and forth for exempting my listening section only - I'm profoundly deaf and no hearing aids or assistive devices can help me with the Listening section. And I also requested they type in the conversation while Speaking which they cannot accommodate so I have now been exempted from both Listening and Speaking sections. They asked me to book a date next month which I did but I'm now wondering how I would be scored on my exempted sections. Because these scores greatly affect my score, how would CIC consider my scores? Anyone who had a prior experience. Please help. I also talked with BC again asking how they would score on the exempted sections but there is no proper response from them.
Hi there! I’m also deaf. Did everything go ok?
No worried about inadimissibility, it has changed now since it hurts Canadian Human Rights.

hopenangst

Sep 20, 2017
I want to ask you about Medical.Will Your listening inadmissiblity affect your medical report?
http://usa.inquirer.net/11755/canada-immigration-tweaks-medical-inadmissibility-rule-disabled
I'm so sorry it took so long for me to respond.
I do not think my listening capability will affect my medical. I have not received an invite but that's because my CRC is pretty low. And as far as I have researched and spoken with people, I'm not aware of anything that will affect my medical.

Waheed zaman

Apr 9, 2023
Hello Folks, I'm Deaf (not mute) from India and I have been contacting British Council back and forth for exempting my listening section only - I'm profoundly deaf and no hearing aids or assistive devices can help me with the Listening section. And I also requested they type in the conversation while Speaking which they cannot accommodate so I have now been exempted from both Listening and Speaking sections. They asked me to book a date next month which I did but I'm now wondering how I would be scored on my exempted sections. Because these scores greatly affect my score, how would CIC consider my scores? Anyone who had a prior experience. Please help. I also talked with BC again asking how they would score on the exempted sections but there is no proper response from them.
Hi dear,
Have you got into the Canadian immigration successfully???