+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS about to expire VFS wont re-open.

neverb4

Oct 30, 2020
Waiting on VFS to open.... Had my biometrics date in march 2020 when the country went under lockdown. Now my IELTS results are gonna expire in MARCH 2021 as its been 2 years since the exam... I am thinking of getting a refund and lose 1,50,000 rupees in the process as I have already paid the first year fees since like 2019 and have been deferring my admissions since. IDK if I want to re apply for IELTS anymore. Have passed on my medicals since June 2020.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Waiting on VFS to open.... Had my biometrics date in march 2020 when the country went under lockdown. Now my IELTS results are gonna expire in MARCH 2021 as its been 2 years since the exam... I am thinking of getting a refund and lose 1,50,000 rupees in the process as I have already paid the first year fees since like 2019 and have been deferring my admissions since. IDK if I want to re apply for IELTS anymore. Have passed on my medicals since June 2020.

Time it.

If they don't open 20 days before your IELTS expires, retake IELTS.

Refund is up to you.

Reactions: neverb4

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada

Sorry to know that you're going through troubled times. About the IELTS expiry, I believe you still have enough time (March 21). If I were you, I would consider losing 1.5 lakh as a huge mistake. The best bet would to wait for your applications outcome until it's not too late, as they're bound to give you an update. I mean you've waited for quite some time now and I don't see harm in waiting for some more time. Though I would look for ordering my GCMS notes to see where the application stands and accordingly make decisions.

gurpreetbal

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019

how IELTS expiring is affecting your application?

neverb4

Oct 30, 2020
how IELTS expiring is affecting your application?
If I cant get my visa in Jan 2021 then I will have to differ to may intake but my ielts expires in march Hence, I dont know if I can differ anymore. Dont I need valid IELTS for my visas?

gurpreetbal

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
If I cant get my visa in Jan 2021 then I will have to differ to may intake but my ielts expires in march Hence, I dont know if I can differ anymore. Dont I need valid IELTS for my visas?
when u say can’t get visa. do u mean refusal?
even if u defer u don’t need to submit valid ielts again, u may simply get new LOA and submit using webform.
U ONLY NEED VALID IELTS WHEN YOU SUBMIT NEW STUDY PERMIT APPLICATION.

neverb4

Oct 30, 2020
when u say can’t get visa. do u mean refusal?
even if u defer u don’t need to submit valid ielts again, u may simply get new LOA and submit using webform.
U ONLY NEED VALID IELTS WHEN YOU SUBMIT NEW STUDY PERMIT APPLICATION.
So you mean to say I dont need to take a re test while my application is still in process? Is there a source for that which can confirm it? I can get a new LOA that's not an issue for me.

gurpreetbal

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
So you mean to say I dont need to take a re test while my application is still in process? Is there a source for that which can confirm it? I can get a new LOA that's not an issue for me.
it written in cic website, that IELTS should be valid on date of application submission.
moreover, I applied in march, ielts expired in may, aip in august, passport request in november.

neverb4

Oct 30, 2020
it written in cic website, that IELTS should be valid on date of application submission.
moreover, I applied in march, ielts expired in may, aip in august, passport request in november.
Great man... I am relieved that I posted here T.T.. Was stressing over this for soooo long. Also the money is huge and it just gets on my nerve. Thanks for the response .... I really appreciate it.

Kk23344

Mar 18, 2021
Great man... I am relieved that I posted here T.T.. Was stressing over this for soooo long. Also the money is huge and it just gets on my nerve. Thanks for the response .... I really appreciate it.
So, have you applied for study permit?
What was the outcome?
Hoping your study permit has approved.
I'm facing same kind of problem regarding ielts expiration, so your response will be really helpful.