+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 8th July 2017

Ab9

Jul 12, 2017
And what about section 2 and 4?
There was a question in section two stating that he/she should not take that transport because..?
It is unavailable at night or no suitable stop is available
Moreover, in section 4 ...was it animals or animal's behavior

Dhiaan

Jul 11, 2017
And what about section 2 and 4?
There was a question in section two stating that he/she should not take that transport because..?
It is unavailable at night or no suitable stop is available
Moreover, in section 4 ...was it animals or animal's behavior
from my side it is not available at night
and in section 4, i had written Animal's behavior, because speaker mentioned that behavior of animal that impacts....

Dhiaan

Jul 11, 2017
Some more from reading: match the paragraph

1. This web takes care of customer's query......... : paragraph A
2. This website does not provide details of how to reach particular destination: Paragraph B
3. Printed version is as effective as online version: dont know order of paragraph, but the one which mentions about that they have translated everything from books to web.
4. This web provides more details of accomodation: paragraph D, which mentions about exchange rates
5. This website provides provision for customer to provide feedback: last paragraph: i think G which states that online community or something

Ab9

Jul 12, 2017
This was my first attempt and it's a horrible experience. I have only 33 correct answers in listening and I think my condition in reading section is more pathetic.:(

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
Some more from reading: match the paragraph

1. This web takes care of customer's query......... : paragraph A
2. This website does not provide details of how to reach particular destination: Paragraph B
3. Printed version is as effective as online version: dont know order of paragraph, but the one which mentions about that they have translated everything from books to web.
4. This web provides more details of accomodation: paragraph D, which mentions about exchange rates
5. This website provides provision for customer to provide feedback: last paragraph: i think G which states that online community or something
I believe paragraph A was related to problems faced by traveller question.
2,3 and 5 correct...not sure what was description about 4th..

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
Let's discuss listening maps section everyone?? Please share your answers as this was most difficult part it seems..

Dhiaan

Jul 11, 2017
Let's discuss listening maps section everyone?? Please share your answers as this was most difficult part it seems..
well, i did terrible in Map, i just put the answers based on my assumption instead of factual information, for me only one answer is right, that is A which was along river side

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
well, i did terrible in Map, i just put the answers based on my assumption instead of factual information, for me only one answer is right, that is A which was along river side
. Oh yeah..it was tough..i selected b- licoln avenue
A- hall something along riverside
Dont rem alphabets for bus stop and taxi
D- cafe which was next to hotel in north
G- restaurant

ashuhay

Jun 30, 2017
I think the answer to the listening question 1 is not "phone number" it is just "number" because the instruction says ''one word and/or number"

ashuhay

Jun 30, 2017
I think the answer to the listening question 1 is not "phone number" it is just "number" because the instruction says ''one word and/or number"

ashuhay

Jun 30, 2017
1-10, in no particular order, phone number, husband, 40, 8 am, round, heater, silver, plastic, large, ice.
11-13, string, shade, spoon. 14-17, snow peas - popular with children, lettuce - colorful, cherry tomatoes - easiest to grow, sunflower - grows rapidly
18-20, bird, night, roses
20-25, don't remember them well, but as mentioned previously, growing population, cheaper parking in south side, encourages people to leave cars at home, are among the answers. There was another question about a rather unsightly bridge that John mentioned as an example, I answered that it reduced traffic. Can't remember that last one.
26-30, was the most difficult part of the test for me. The topic was about traffic tolls, Answers were either A (John), B (Professor), C (Both of them).
The statements were as follows, tolls are necessary, people should know where their money is spent, tolls are environmentally friendly, a previous model of tolls didn't work well, and tolls reduce traffic jams. I answered B, C, B, C, A. The first 2 answers and the last one seemed true to me, but not sure about the the 3rd and 4th one.
31-40, in no particular order, coffee, diamonds, phone, obesity, economical, reduction, gift, perception, season, fruit.

What about the reading test? Anyone remembers some answers?
Hi
1st section
Mobile phone
Husband
Plastic

Do you have the same test?

srijan

Apr 10, 2017
Of course its a number didn't remember at first then someone updated the correct number as well pls check...

Kingsley2017

Jul 11, 2017
Academic Reading.
Passage 1
was about the invention of the motor bus. 1-7 were headings. I remember picking i, iii, iv, v, viii, x.
8-13 were Yes, No, or Not given. I remember answering NG, Y, NG, Y, N, Y. Can't recall the statements exactly.
Passage 2
was about the dairy stores in New Zealand. 14-17 were questions about which paragraph contained certain statements (an example of fictional mentions of the dairy store - paragraph 1, types of stores that competed with the dairy and types of stores the dairy put out of business - paragraph 3 and 4, also another statement that I can't remember).
18-19, which statements were mentioned in the passage? Dairy stores exist everywhere in one shape or form, their popularity and success have gone up and down. 20-21 reasons why people open diary stores? Require comparatively low resources to open, the elderly ensure demand. (There was another statement about how they employ both men and women that might've been the answer instead of the first one). 22-26 fill in the blanks ( Wage, university, history, cleaning, specialities)
Passage 3 was about Pterosaurs. Started with choosing a missing word ( Fish, reptiles, strength, hind legs, hair). There were also 4 Yes or no questions that I can't recall. Then there were questions about choosing the correct statement (the Pteroid bone increased the span of the front wing, it enabled the Pterosaur to glide rather than fly, and another one about how the scientist couldn't build a model with a functioning head for steering). Finally there was a question about what "it" referred to in the passage (the scientist's ambition to build robotic models)

Does anyone remember it differently??
Is passage 3 weight or strength?