+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6th January 2018 answer key

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Start reading magazines and newspapers like nytimes, TIME, etc., They use complex language and words and you would be able to build your vocabulary gradually. If you need a cheat sheet, start preparing familiar words that you have known and look for synonyms online. For e.g, a simple word like 'boring' has the following alternate words. Same goes to all the words that you might be using.

synonyms: tedious, dull, monotonous, repetitive, unrelieved, unvaried, unimaginative, uneventful;
characterless, featureless, colorless, lifeless, insipid, uninteresting, unexciting, uninspiring, unstimulating, uninvolving;
unreadable, unwatchable;
jejune, flat, bland, dry, stale, tired, banal, lackluster, stodgy, vapid, monochrome, dreary, humdrum, mundane;
mind-numbing, wearisome, tiring, tiresome, irksome, trying, frustrating;
informaldeadly, ho-hum, dullsville, dull as dishwater, plain-vanilla
Thank you for your valuable input..

I will surely read them and try to use them in my writing and speaking

Appreciate that

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Any cmmunication to anyone about results for 6th January test..?
No communication. Pigs at IDP told me that my result is withheld for additional security and integrity check and it is delayed by IDP australia. There is no time line and I'll be informed when and if there is any update.

Not sure if they will ever release the result. in short 12000 rs and 2 months time is wasted.

Who else has not received the result yet? Let's get together and make some noise.

Last edited:

Kunalx1x2

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
No communication. Pigs at IDP told me that my result is withheld for additional security and integrity check and it is delayed by IDP australia. There is no time line and I'll be informed when and if there is any update.

Not sure if they will ever release the result. in short 12000 rs and 2 months time is wasted.

Who else has not received the result yet? Let's get together and make some noise.
What do we do now... ? Even if we sit for another test there isn’t any surety that result would be released ... what kind of irresponsible org is this... don’t know now what can be done.

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
I gave my test on 6th Jan 2018 and result not declared for same reasons. Got my result on 25th Jan with overall Band 8 (L:8.5,R:8, W:7.5,S:7.5)..

Just a thought: I did well in reading during mocks but the last passage in reading wasn't really the easy one...somehow felt mocks were easier. Likewise, Listening had mostly 1 word answers... I guess speaking was bit casual for me and frankly thought, I could have done better.

In Delhi NCR, I haven't great reviews on IDP conducting tests where as BC has been quite decent. I opted for BC. There was a delay but thankfully we finished around 4:30 having started an hour late.

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
I replied to their standard mail as below
-------------------------- ------------- -----------------------
Dear,
I can understand that the exam needs quantity control mechanism,however there should be a method and timelines for the same.You can not simple carry out an investigation for ever.Its also a suggestion to develop a strategy and plan for future quality control checks.Just because we have agreed to your terms and conditions its entirely unethical to delay the result in this manner.Unfortunately we test seeker do not have an alternative choice.In my entire life I have not seen any exam being conducted in such manner.Each day is passing with anger,pain and frustration.Each day is more dangerous than the previous day.Please at least bring the situation under control by providing a deadline.I have appeared for an exam and just asking when will I get the result.

Regards
Gourav
-------

AC_IND

Feb 6, 2018
Dear,
I can understand that the exam needs quantity control mechanism,however there should be a method and timelines for the same.You can not simple carry out an investigation for ever.Its also a suggestion to develop a strategy and plan for future quality control checks.Just because we have agreed to your terms and conditions its entirely unethical to delay the result in this manner.Unfortunately we test seeker do not have an alternative choice.In my entire life I have not seen any exam being conducted in such manner.Each day is passing with anger,pain and frustration.Each day is more dangerous than the previous day.Please at least bring the situation under control by providing a deadline.I have appeared for an exam and just asking when will I get the result.

Regards
Gourav
-------
Such a nice way of putting everything! Maybe all of us should do the same.

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Dear,
I can understand that the exam needs quantity control mechanism,however there should be a method and timelines for the same.You can not simple .................
Regards
Gourav
-------
Such a nice way of putting everything! Maybe all of us should do the same.
Please PM me and get connected guys. Also find out more people who are suffering from this and think about doing something.

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Guys,
I have mailed to Cambridge(ieltsidp in cc) as below
---------------------------------
The investigation is going on for ever and there is no deadline to it.I am really wondering if this is the first time such investigation is being carried out,if not then there must be a process and method for such routine check.
If this check is routine as there would be a method of doing so ,there must be a time frame for this activity.If we the test seeker could know how long this takes(approximately, of course not exactly)then we may plan accordingly(we could retake the test).

Could you please kind enough to look into this matter.
---------------------------------------------

Reactions: Kunalx1x2