+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6th January 2018 answer key

harshvb

Sep 28, 2017
Hello friends

I appeared on 6th Jan, haven't got result yet. I got some email updates initially but have stopped getting them too. I emailed to IELTS guys and they asked to wait as Investigation (lol) is still going on!

Shall I wait or took another date now?

jasmitsc

Feb 10, 2018
Hello friends

I appeared on 6th Jan, haven't got result yet. I got some email updates initially but have stopped getting them too. I emailed to IELTS guys and they asked to wait as Investigation (lol) is still going on!

Shall I wait or took another date now?
Hi

I can empathise with you as i am going through a similar situation. After snooping around the internet, I understand that it can take as long as 3 months to get your results once they are withheld. So i suggest if you can, wait till 6th April, then take up another test date if you still dont get your results, as once you cross that threshold of 3 months then you really can’t just keep waiting. Also it depends on the purpose for which your are appearing, like are you facing a deadline, for education instance you will have a fixed deadline for admissions that you need to meet(if thats the case, take the next available slot) or in case its for general immigration, then you have slightly more time as you dont have a deadline to meet.

Last edited:

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
What the hell is going on guys? What is the point of withholding results if they are not working on this and releasing for few at-least. In last 5-6 weeks, I have hardly heard it from one person who's result was released from withholding.

They are just doing time paas ....

jasmitsc

Feb 10, 2018
damn, Jasmit. That's bad. I wrote it on the same day, same center.
This is what verification.ielts@idp.com has replied after my endless follows ups with IDP

Dear Jasmit,

Thank you for your enquiry.

To be fair to all candidates and external regulatory bodies who accept our results, the IELTS Test Partners must ensure all results are a reliable indicator of a candidate’s English language proficiency and complex analyses sometimes have to be carried out to this effect. More information on the IELTS investigation process can be found at the following webpage:

http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/help/malpractice/

Please note that we are endeavouring to finalise the analysis of your results as soon as possible, but unfortunately we are not able to give you a definitive answer as to when the decision regarding your results will be reached. Your test centre will contact you once the investigation is completed. In the meantime, you can register for another test if you believe this option would better suit your needs.

Sincerely

Verification Team

jasmitsc

Feb 10, 2018
yep, 8.5 overall
just realized the signature is not visible while accessing the mobile site.

and now I realized after logging in from the desktop that you already have the ITA. lol congratulations!

Are you even here in India ? and that's a great score man will pm you if I need tips for my next attempt

harshvb

Sep 28, 2017
Hi

I can empathise with you as i am going through a similar situation. After snooping around the internet, I understand that it can take as long as 3 months to get your results once they are withheld. So i suggest if you can, wait till 6th April, then take up another test date if you still dont get your results, as once you cross that threshold of 3 months then you really can’t just keep waiting. Also it depends on the purpose for which your are appearing, like are you facing a deadline, for education instance you will have a fixed deadline for admissions that you need to meet(if thats the case, take the next available slot) or in case its for general immigration, then you have slightly more time as you dont have a deadline to meet.
Thanks, I appreciate your response. After few follow up I got an email exactly you put up here. These people are looting and careless I guess.