+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6 April 2019(General Training only): Let’s connect here guys

Hessam

Dec 2, 2018
How often do you call your friends ''colleague'?
Not all colleagues are friends, but many friends can be colleagues.
An ex-colleague whom you write a letter, telling about your current life and .... is definitely your friend. You wrote to him/her a letter making some arrangement! Why would someone do that to see some serious guy? It could be easily concluded that you two were used to hang out.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
An ex-colleague whom you write a letter, telling about your current life and .... is definitely your friend. You wrote to him/her a letter making some arrangement! Why would someone do that to see some serious guy? It could be easily concluded that you two were used to hang out.
Yh that was my point
Why would somebody tell a colleague about its personal life ,and it could be a semi formal letter
The guy this was the tricky one , I don’t think , it was clearly a informal letter , I didn’t find anything tricky in this

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Le'ts say you're trying to write a letter to your Grandfather.
If he's your boss. It' should be FORMAL. If he's just your grandfather and he's sick -----> Friendly!
So it's not about memorizing words: neighbour boss colleague supervisor....
If you're just a student -------> formal letter-------->Supervisor
If your supervisor is your girlfriend---------> Informal
Your Colleague --------> Can be both: if your relationship is confined to the workplace ----------> Formal
But, if you're going to ask her/him a favour, or want to hang out ---------------> Informal
Hahaha
Grandfather and boss
U r making assumption on ur own mate
Ielts guys are not that stupid

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
This guy is arguing without any point
He got it wrong ,and he is not accepting it
He could check with any teacher if he wants

Defender90

Star Member
Apr 6, 2019
As you said we are both right.
Probably we wrote letter with the same tone but call it differently.

Ash-20

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Dear Jon!
Dear Anna :))
What's wrong with Dear?!
Almost majority of informal letters start with Dear ......
Just google: Informal IELTS letter and you'll find lots of Dear Dear Dear
I have taken ielts multiple times..... have written formal as well informal letters. All of them start with dear ... dear is clearly mentioned in question paper stating... you can start your letter as
Dear......,

Ash-20

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Yh I m worried about listening
Fell short in listening twice
14 feb L7.5 R 8.5 W7 s7.5
2 March L7.5 R9 W7.5 s7.5
I got similar scores last year..... then my listening improved .... I got 8.5 and 9 as well.... but writing dropped to 6.5.... I have a feeling these guys mark u down I. Writing if ur rest of the scores are good