+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - 21st April GT

Ayxmania

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
autobiographical detail could be the answer, coz it was clearly stated the book was full of adventures and tales..
Autobiography is an account of someone's life activities written by himself or herself. And Mr Hawas wrote them, and they included tales of jealous workers...

A-K

Apr 23, 2018
Can anybody remember question 13.....
11. no safety grounds … B
12.teachers create contents/lessons A
13.Practice writing home address B
14.children enjoy safety practices/procedures C
15. Parents' permission to use computers A
16. safe shoes... A

It was not said that they practice writing home address....it said...they will recite their address....and practice numbers such as home phone numbers....so I think Practice writing home address is not correct.....C is the answer....sth with phone number..

Reactions: Armold

A-K

Apr 23, 2018
Autobiography is an account of someone's life activities written by himself or herself. And Mr Hawas wrote them, and they included tales of jealous workers...
I am saying the same thing....in options...there was one option which said..........his books lacked autobiographical detail........which is correct right...because...it included only tales and adventure stories.......

Janani Priya

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
The passage didnot use the word amusing as such...but yeah it included that his books were mesmerizing......which is somewhere close to amusing but I didnot find anything about the accuracy of the stories....
correct, mesmerizing indeed, because those were tales, adventures they are not facts or real.

A-K

Apr 23, 2018
correct, mesmerizing indeed, because those were tales, adventures they are not facts or real.
but dont you think that....he wrote about archaeology and his finding in the format of tales which felt like reading adventourous books......I have also ticked the same option

but now i feel that.....the book lacked autobiographical detail...because it included all those things.......what do you think.??

Do u remember listening Question 13?

Janani Priya

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
but dont you think that....he wrote about archaeology and his finding in the format of tales which felt like reading adventourous books......I have also ticked the same option

but now i feel that.....the book lacked autobiographical detail...because it included all those things.......what do you think.??

Do u remember listening Question 13?
it is just one question, so do not worry, hopefully we all get Band 8 or more.

Reactions: A-K

A-K

Apr 23, 2018
looks from your discussion, your listening is different from India, British Council. Reading is the same.
No it was same.....other questions were ok...but the one I mentioned...may be I am wrong ...i clearly remember the speaker saying...reciting home address......so i raised this topic