+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ielts 19th August

rithesh

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
In which part of the world had all these questions?? :)
I gave it in Muscat and questions were entirely different.

Oleg_UA

Jul 10, 2017
Hi! Did you pick 19th - children's music as well? Are you sure about this answer?
I recall one more question in the 2nd part, something like: who arrived by train should walk some distance (30 minutes walk).
Also I have some concern about two questions in reading.
Children can make something - there was 3 possible options: created decoration(C)/ interaction activities smth like that and the last one D archeology work shop. I firstly picked C , but then corrected to D, I think the C was right. And the other question about the place that was located in a large distance from the others. The name started with "C" and it was mentioned next to the end of the text. I'm not sure if it's right .
In 19th they said "music for under-tens" -I am pretty sure about this answer, in the 7th it seems to me were "toys", I reember the question about distance and also chose "walking longer".
Reading: there were two similar questions - one went before another, but I don't remember the wording. In the first one was the arcaeological workshop and in the one with "children can make something" I wrote C as it was said there "children can create..."
About the distant place I also answered the last one mentioned at the end. In this section of reading I didn't use only the place with a cemetery.
I am not sure about the 40th question as I was really short of time - was the answer "treasure"? It said that apart from birds there was something like "the treasures of nature".

rithesh

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Thanks to everyone sharing answers.But i got different set of questions in listening, details hereunder:-
BC, 19.08 GT, DOHA, QATAR

Listening
Section 1 (related to furniture ordering)
1. 140
2. Natural
3. 265
4. Light
5. Upper drawer
7. Name of customer (ROGALA or RAGALA) i'm not sure
9. Morning
10 Garage

Section-2
E-mail address
19. 10:00AM, 4:00PM
20. At New Year

Section-3 (discussion between student (Jane and his professor)
21. Vocational intensive
24 The Job
25 The Law
26 Telephone To employer
27 A
28 D
29 E
30 22nd October
Section4- Crocodile study
31 C
32 B
33 A
34 C
35 A
38 Fear
39 Attacks
40 Migration Pattern

Writing Task 1: Write a letter to a friend that you have recently shifted to. new apartment Describe the reason why you moved, about the new apartment and invite the friend to visit.
Task 2: Some people think that schools should not give homework on daily basis and other thinks that extra study is very important to succeed in school. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.

This is the best i could remember, any contribution to it will be highly appreciated.
Man how did you manage to recollect all these??? I had the same set of questions in Muscat.

lanthanum

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
In 19th they said "music for under-tens" -I am pretty sure about this answer, in the 7th it seems to me were "toys", I reember the question about distance and also chose "walking longer".
Reading: there were two similar questions - one went before another, but I don't remember the wording. In the first one was the arcaeological workshop and in the one with "children can make something" I wrote C as it was said there "children can create..."
About the distant place I also answered the last one mentioned at the end. In this section of reading I didn't use only the place with a cemetery.
I am not sure about the 40th question as I was really short of time - was the answer "treasure"? It said that apart from birds there was something like "the treasures of nature".
I remember this phrase about under-teens, don't know why I'm confused about that. I remember something about toys too, but anyway in that set of the questions there was nothing too difficult.
I didn't use the cenetery as well, that was the last question for me in that set and I was choosing between those two - graves were somewhere in the beginning, whereas the other in the end.
I was in the same situation with the time in last question and I wrote it down in last seconds. Here something I've recollected from the last section:

28 - the place was poplurar because of some evening activities
- difference with the other tours - no lunch
- lamas shared(showed) hesitation
- the writer had many different interests
places:
the place where they had lunch
saw lots of birds
didnt see anything
was far from the other places (? not sure if it is right)

40 - treasures

Last edited:

Oleg_UA

Jul 10, 2017
I remember this phrase about under-teens, don't know why I'm confused about that. I remember something about toys too, but anyway in that set of the questions there was nothing too difficult.
I didn't use the cenetery as well, that was the last question for me in that set and I was choosing between those two - graves were somewhere in the beginning, whereas the other in the end.
I was in the same situation with the time in last question and I wrote it down in last seconds. Here something I've recollected from the last section:

28 - the place was poplurar because of some evening activities
- difference with the other tours - no lunch
- lamas shared(showed) hesitation
- the writer had many different interests
places:
the place where they had lunch
saw lots of birds
didnt see anything
was far from the other places (? not sure if it is right)

40 - treasures
In the reading my all answers are the same. I aь only worried about Listening. There was also in one question where I heard "electronic" but there should have been a noun and I wrote "electronicS"

lanthanum

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
In the reading my all answers are the same. I aь only worried about Listening. There was also in one question where I heard "electronic" but there should have been a noun and I wrote "electronicS"
I heard electronics there and wrote so. I'm fairly sure about that one, and I heard people discussing the answers after the test and I heard electronics as well.
I missed at least one answer in the listening - plants (platinum was found ... by the roads)

Last edited:

Oleg_UA

Jul 10, 2017
I heard electronics there and wrote so. I'm fairly sure about that one, and I heard people discussing the answers after the test and I heard electronics as well.
I missed at least one answer in the listening - plants (platinum was found ... by the roads)
And I missed 2 or three answers - I mixed 17 and 18 about famous stars and new talents, realised that but didn't have time to correct (I was thinking all my reading part about turning over the page and correcting, but I didn't venture to do it) and I am not really sure about "correcting spelling" or "placing more focus". So, it is three incorrect at least out of five possible to get band 8. So, let's hope for the best!))

lanthanum

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
And I missed 2 or three answers - I mixed 17 and 18 about famous stars and new talents, realised that but didn't have time to correct (I was thinking all my reading part about turning over the page and correcting, but I didn't venture to do it) and I am not really sure about "correcting spelling" or "placing more focus". So, it is three incorrect at least out of five possible to get band 8. So, let's hope for the best!))
That wasn't about spelling, the main idea was to express in different words. That was her opinion about what he should do. She started from this idea and then they were discussing it, then it seems to me he said some of his thoughts, but i don't remember the main point (probably that's what you're talking about while writing about some focus). In this question, the point was in her opinion, and it seemes to me that was about recheking the words.

Oleg_UA

Jul 10, 2017
That wasn't about spelling, the main idea was to express in different words. That was her opinion about what he should do. She started from this idea and then they were discussing it, then it seems to me he said some of his thoughts, but i don't remember the main point (probably that's what you're talking about while writing about some focus). In this question, the point was in her opinion, and it seemes to me that was about recheking the words.
Then I misinterpreted the question as I was looking for HIS opinion((

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
1. 22 Fewtrell
2. Some phone number
2. Nov 07, 1989 (07/11/1989)
3. hostel
4. aunt (i marked it wrong as father)
5. kitchen
6. teacher
7. library
8. Thursday

Section 2 :

Some islands and what is special about each of those -- 6 questions

Some answers were like:
Rare wildlife
crowded island
No public facilities available etc

Section 3:

Some 6 questions related to bikes

Answers were like :

Employers shud provide shower facility
Safety of bikes
Us model of boke famous
Bike introduced for health improvement

Some 3 questions on tourism:

Answer i remember :
it promotes : food production/science/tourism -- i put food production

Then question was on research maynot be correct as -- it is too local etc

Section 4:
31. insects
32. volcanic dust
33. heat
34. intermediate
35. 1000
36. sea
37. sunlight
38. honey
39. silver
40. building

-- This is all i recall - but it is still 8+6+6+3+10 = 33 questions , still 7 questions i dont recall, if u remember any other from section 1, can u add please
Anybody Remember Reading questions and Answers for 19/08/2017 ....usa/canada?