+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 14 dec 2019 ACADEMIC/GT. Lets gather here <3

Pvankadara

Aug 25, 2019
Just finished the GT today in Dubai. Reading was tough. Completely disappointed coz I know i didn’t do well. It was about whales in Australia and about their song. Anyone else found the reading tough?
Speaking test in another 2 hrs
Hi, in reading task true, false not given. Is der anything with yes, no, not given. I think I didn't checked properly.

Reactions: mythilyv23

Keira knightly

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Listening 16 answer- it’s not businessman because they said businessman helped for making museum but the contents for museum were given by local community. So the exact answer is LOCAL COMMUNITY

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Section 3 of the reading was pretty hard. I completed section 1 & 2 in about 15 minutes and spent 40 minutes in Sec 3, yet I am not confident about the answers.
Below is my interpretation of TFNG and MCQs of section 3. Please feel free to discuss.

33. west coast whales live together all year: false (because it was said in the passage that some west coast whales migrate to nearby place whereas others migrate to far away. Therfore, I wrote false.
34. west coast reach australian water faster than east coast: NG ( Nothing was given regarding who was fast)
35. only possible to research east coast whale: NG (I couldn't find anything about the only possibility of researching one kind of whale)
36. whales can be seen within 10 KMs: True (It was said that whales sometimes travels within 10 Km from the mainland)
37. declining: false (It was declining, but the writer was surprised to know that whales are reviving very fast)

38.Whale song comprises of
a. different phrases (no, because different phrases makes up a theme)
b. one phrase(No)
c. one theme (No)
d. several theme(could be the answer because it was said that the theme is made up of identical phrases and several themes makes a song)
ANSWER could be D, but not entirely sure.

39. New song
a. a whale sings a completely different song (No)
b. all whales sing same song(some borrowed from an old song) (maybe this is the correct answer)
c. in two years (there was sth about years but I am not sure it is the answer)
d. from father (No because they learn from friends)

ANSWER could be B or C.

40. Don't remember (could somebody plz post question no 40 and options)

Reactions: S@j

Keira knightly

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Reading 40 answer- question was regarding whales belong to different oceans have different songs....
Answer - A ( whales share songs only if they beong geographically same)

Reactions: S@j

S@j

Jul 28, 2019
Section 3 of the reading was pretty hard. I completed section 1 & 2 in about 15 minutes and spent 40 minutes in Sec 3, yet I am not confident about the answers.
Below is my interpretation of TFNG and MCQs of section 3. Please feel free to discuss.

33. west coast whales live together all year: false (because it was said in the passage that some west coast whales migrate to nearby place whereas others migrate to far away. Therfore, I wrote false.
34. west coast reach australian water faster than east coast: NG ( Nothing was given regarding who was fast)
35. only possible to research east coast whale: NG (I couldn't find anything about the only possibility of researching one kind of whale)
36. whales can be seen within 10 KMs: True (It was said that whales sometimes travels within 10 Km from the mainland)
37. declining: false (It was declining, but the writer was surprised to know that whales are reviving very fast)

b. one phrase(No)
c. one theme (No)
d. several theme(could be the answer because it was said that the theme is made up of identical phrases and several themes makes a song)

39. New song
b. all whales sing same song(some borrowed from an old song) (maybe this is the correct answer)

ANSWER could be B or C.

40- it was about same songs within one ocean that to particular region

Krishna785

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019

b. one phrase(No)
c. one theme (No)

39. New song

ANSWER could be B or C.

Do you remember Any section 2 answers?

Keira knightly

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Could you plz tell me about reading questions section 2-
Question was about underground transit
Where was the answer of this question

Dec 15, 2019

b. one phrase(No)
c. one theme (No)

39. New song

ANSWER could be B or C.

38. D 39. C 40. C