+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 14 dec 2019 ACADEMIC/GT. Lets gather here <3

S@j

Jul 28, 2019
I have a question, I answer whale no s is that okay?
because fish and ........

I thought that fish is a singular so I didn't put s in whale
What do you think?
As far as I remember he said clearly whales with s in the end

streetfunk

Dec 15, 2019
As far as I remember he said clearly whales with s in the end
Oh thank you, I think I will retake the exam again. :(
Do you think the test on 14 December, especially listening is difficult? or relatively easy?
I think writing is the most difficult.

Reactions: S@j

S@j

Jul 28, 2019

What do you think?
Might be because sometimes plural of fish is fish...although fishes is also not wrong..
Well!! I am not an expert of the language..

S@j

Jul 28, 2019
Do you think the test on 14 December, especially listening is difficult? or relatively easy?
Even i am not sure about my correct answers in listening because i want 8.. I am just praying

Reactions: streetfunk

canaman27

Dec 9, 2019

What do you think?
In the context of the conversation, the word fish is plural and they also said whales but sometimes IELTS considers both (singular and plural form) as answer depending on the context of the sentence. you will be fine I guess.

S@j

Jul 28, 2019
In the context of the conversation, the word fish is plural and they also said whales but sometimes IELTS considers both (singular and plural form) as answer depending on the context of the sentence. you will be fine I guess.
Yes thats also correct !!

canaman27

Dec 9, 2019
Listening part four
31-winter
32-tools
33-whales
34-fertilizer
35-soups
36-milk
37-sugar
38- dont remember
39-ships
40- fur
I also don't remember the answer for 38 but I wrote the same for section 4 except the plural of number 40 (FURS). I guess it will not be a problem. we are also the same on Section 1. section 2, the map, was also very easy. how was it for you? I hope we will score 35 for band 8.

canaman27

Dec 9, 2019
don't worry. In my opinion, listening was not that difficult as most of them are short answer/sentence completion types. the map was also very easy. so I hope you will be fine. The writing topics are also good. my only complain is section 3 of the reading test. it is too hard to GT because you are expected to score higher for a reading band. you need to score 37 for band 8 in GT while 35 for the same band in AC.

S@j

Jul 28, 2019
I also don't remember the answer for 38 but I wrote the same for section 4 except the plural of number 40 (FURS). I guess it will not be a problem. we are also the same on Section 1. section 2, the map, was also very easy. how was it for you? I hope we will score 35 for band 8.
Yes you are right it was FURS.. map was easy but i am not sure about the third part...i still cannot count the right ones...

Reactions: canaman27

S@j

Jul 28, 2019
don't worry. In my opinion, listening was not that difficult as most of them are short answer/sentence completion types. the map was also very easy. so I hope you will be fine. The writing topics are also good. my only complain is section 3 of the reading test. it is too hard to GT because you are expected to score higher for a reading band. you need to score 37 for band 8 in GT while 35 for the same band in AC.
Yeahhhh same here reading third passage was really hard infact I couldn’t scan the dates for the first few minutes but than I managed somehow but still it was doubly hard to find the answers

canaman27

Dec 9, 2019
Yeahhhh same here reading third passage was really hard infact I couldn’t scan the dates for the first few minutes but than I managed somehow but still it was doubly hard to find the answers
sure! I spent about half an hour for section 3 but it was not enough. the only part that I confidently answered was the dates. I couldn't be sure on the T/F/NG part and the three MCQs. It was a bad passage especially the paragraph of T/F/NG.

canaman27

Dec 9, 2019
Yes you are right it was FURS.. map was easy but i am not sure about the third part...i still cannot count the right ones...
just count the wrong ones :) obviously the right ones are many. You are right the third part was a little bit fast.I made one mistake in the third part as answer came quickly. just moved to the next question immediately and managed the rest of this section.Have you taken your speaking test by the way?