+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 14 dec 2019 ACADEMIC/GT. Lets gather here <3

Kizjo

Jan 5, 2020
Good luck
Hello People!
I have been following this Canadavisa site from more than a year . It was a great help for me when I applied for express entry last year, things went well and we landed in Vancouver in April2019.
This time I am taking Ielts for my professional registration, so lets be helpful to each other one more time.

m.talaei

Dec 14, 2019
Iran
Hi guys im stuill unable to get my result. Anyone else who haven't seen the result yet?
I have no received my results too!
it is so disturbing ! about a week ago a got an email saying : ue to unforeseen condition result has been delayed and will be available on fist week of Jan 2020, however its Jan 6th yet no report!
I dont know what to do

adnanahmad01

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I have no received my results too!
it is so disturbing ! about a week ago a got an email saying : ue to unforeseen condition result has been delayed and will be available on fist week of Jan 2020, however its Jan 6th yet no report!
I dont know what to do
Did they specify any date for you in that mail.

I got the same mail however for me the date was mentioned that by end of day on 3rd Jan it should be available online as well as TRF

brum26

Dec 6, 2019
Hi,

for the 1st section of listening part, is it possible that we can answer with 2 words or is it ALWAYS 1 word AND/OR 1 number?
I remember I answered using 2 words for 2 questions in this section and other 1 mistake in other section.
So, at least I made 3 mistakes, but I got 8.5 for Listening.

Also in Reading section, I am sure I had difficulties during the test on 1 section.
I worked on almost all cambridge ielts books, at least for L/S/W section
So I know when I could answer with confidence or when I had difficulties and just guessing for the answer.
In this test, I am sure at least I made 1 mistake and made many guessing in reading, but still I got 9.

For reading, maybe it was just my luck but how about for listening?
Any possible explanation?
I did not mean to humble brag. I am asking out of big curiosity.

Zeelove

Jan 9, 2020
I sat for the exam on 14/12/19 and the result came out on 03/01/20 as L8 R7 W6.5 S7.5
I requested for EOR immediately on writing alone. Today 09/01/2020 I received this email

Dear Candidate,

We refer to your request for remark.

We are pleased to inform you that we have received the outcome of your EOR.

Please be informed to complete the forms below and avail us with the scanned copy via email.

Also, you are to give us 21 working days to pay the money (refund) into your account.

Kindly note that you can however visit the test centerto pick up your Test Report Form as from the 13th of January,2020at MOD EDUCATION SURULERE 101 Adeniran Ogunsanya, Leisure Mall next to ShopriteSurulere, Lagos.

However, I checked the result online again at Ieltsessential and the writing is still 6.5 .
Please can someone tell me what to expect . Is itpossible it has changed indeed? Why has it not been updated on the site. Please someone help. I can’t get the result till Monday. I’m literally so scared right now

mythilyv23

Jan 21, 2021
Hi Vvk,

Today I had the same Reading passage and questions as yours. Could you remember when was your exam dated exactly?
And are you sure about the answers by this time and could you please include answers for 28 to 32 as well ????

mythilyv23

Jan 21, 2021
Section 3 of the reading was pretty hard. I completed section 1 & 2 in about 15 minutes and spent 40 minutes in Sec 3, yet I am not confident about the answers.
Below is my interpretation of TFNG and MCQs of section 3. Please feel free to discuss.

33. west coast whales live together all year: false (because it was said in the passage that some west coast whales migrate to nearby place whereas others migrate to far away. Therfore, I wrote false.
34. west coast reach australian water faster than east coast: NG ( Nothing was given regarding who was fast)
35. only possible to research east coast whale: NG (I couldn't find anything about the only possibility of researching one kind of whale)
36. whales can be seen within 10 KMs: True (It was said that whales sometimes travels within 10 Km from the mainland)
37. declining: false (It was declining, but the writer was surprised to know that whales are reviving very fast)

38.Whale song comprises of
a. different phrases (no, because different phrases makes up a theme)
b. one phrase(No)
c. one theme (No)
d. several theme(could be the answer because it was said that the theme is made up of identical phrases and several themes makes a song)
ANSWER could be D, but not entirely sure.

39. New song
a. a whale sings a completely different song (No)
b. all whales sing same song(some borrowed from an old song) (maybe this is the correct answer)
c. in two years (there was sth about years but I am not sure it is the answer)
d. from father (No because they learn from friends)

ANSWER could be B or C.

40. Don't remember (could somebody plz post question no 40 and options)
Section 3 of the reading was pretty hard. I completed section 1 & 2 in about 15 minutes and spent 40 minutes in Sec 3, yet I am not confident about the answers.
Below is my interpretation of TFNG and MCQs of section 3. Please feel free to discuss.

33. west coast whales live together all year: false (because it was said in the passage that some west coast whales migrate to nearby place whereas others migrate to far away. Therfore, I wrote false.
34. west coast reach australian water faster than east coast: NG ( Nothing was given regarding who was fast)
35. only possible to research east coast whale: NG (I couldn't find anything about the only possibility of researching one kind of whale)
36. whales can be seen within 10 KMs: True (It was said that whales sometimes travels within 10 Km from the mainland)
37. declining: false (It was declining, but the writer was surprised to know that whales are reviving very fast)

38.Whale song comprises of
a. different phrases (no, because different phrases makes up a theme)
b. one phrase(No)
c. one theme (No)
d. several theme(could be the answer because it was said that the theme is made up of identical phrases and several themes makes a song)
ANSWER could be D, but not entirely sure.

39. New song
a. a whale sings a completely different song (No)
b. all whales sing same song(some borrowed from an old song) (maybe this is the correct answer)
c. in two years (there was sth about years but I am not sure it is the answer)
d. from father (No because they learn from friends)

ANSWER could be B or C.

40. Don't remember (could somebody plz post question no 40 and options)

I had the same reading passage and questions in my today's test.
What was the date of your exam and are you sure of the answers by this time.?
And also could you please let me know the answers from 28 to 32 as well ?