Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

Back in May 2017, I applied for IEC Working Holiday thru my Spain citizenship (I’m a dual citizen). That was my first application at IRCC. When I applied, I wasn’t residing in Spain and the eligibility tool showed me as not eligible. So I just moved forward and apply saying that I was residing in Spain. It was a lie, and back then I thought it wouldn’t be a big deal, in fact, I gave absolutely no importance and forgot about it.

I moved to Canada in Jan. 2018 and worked for a year under that IEC WH permit. It expired and I left with a plan of waiting 3 months and apply again but under IEC Young Professionals. This time, (still not knowing the consequences) I applied for the IEC YP while not residing in Spain, good thing is that this time I was truthful and my IEC YP got refused. Thanks to my sister, I was able to travel to Spain and stay with her. Once in Spain, I applied again. That second time it was approved and moved to Canada in Sept. 2019.

A few months later, in April 2020 got nominated by BC PNP and once I got all the documents, I sent my BC PNP inland paper-based PR application. Last week, May 27th, 2021 received AOR. Since then I could not stop thinking about that misrepresentation that I did and went unnoticed. And I know now that it is a big deal because it made the difference of that IEC being approved.

Is it possible to solve this? To make things right? My wife doesn’t even know, this was the most stupid decision that I have ever made and involved her and our family plans and now, all that we have done since 2018 can go to waste and we can get deported. If I knew, I would have done the same thing that I did the second time, travel to Spain to my sister’s place and apply from there.

Please, any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

@scylla you gave me great advice when I applied for the second time and I travelled to Spain and got my IEC YP approved. I would love to hear your comments. Also, @canuck_in_uk I would appreciate to hear your thoughts.

My timeline below:
July 2017. IEC WH approved and this is when I lied about current country of residence.
July 2019. IEC YP refused because I wasn’t living in Spain at the time of application. I was 100% honest.
Sept. 2019. IEC YP approved. Moved to Spain and applied again from there.
April 2020. BC PNP nomination.
May 2020. New work permit approved through BC PNP support letter.
Sept. 2020. PR AR (BC PNP inland).
May 2021. PR AOR (BC PNP inland).

Last edited: