+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
I know... but what just came into my mind is that you can have worked here but you're now applying "from Germany"

Anyway, you can get the police certificate without being in Germany. I just asked my mom and she told me to write a "Vollmacht zur Beantragung eines polizeilichen Führungszeugnis" means your mom can do it for you and they want you to provide a reason for what purpose you require this certificate. Just sign it yourself, send it via email as pdf to your mom and make her scan it for you! ;)

That's it. My mom just send it over to me today :)

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks Chris! I bet my Mom is gonna be super stoked about this ;)

If it would help, I would just go back to Germany for holidays...if only I knew if thats would make it easier...I am actually thinking about a 2 week trip beginning of August. Just not sure if its smart to leave the country right now.

are there some other "weird" documents I might need for stage two?

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
Nope. Only the Police Certificate :)

I'm still hesitating to submit my application due to the ongoing canadian work history.... geez..

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
oh man...did you aks around here or called the help center?

I mean I'm in the same boat. I don't see a reason why you shouldnt be cool to work here on another permit before, right?

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
Hi Chris,

I really need your help with the police certificate. I wrote you a PM. I hope you have time to help me a little.
Thanks!
R

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Resa said:
Hi Chris,

I really need your help with the police certificate. I wrote you a PM. I hope you have time to help me a little.
Thanks!
R
What's your question? I might be able to help you out...

T.

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
Hi Toby!

Are you german? Chris just mentioned that he got the ploice certificate without being in Germany and he wrote his mom a "Vollmacht". My mom called Bonn and they said there is no way and I need to do it personally. Just wanna figure out the best way to get it without having to fly back to Germany...

Schnaute

Apr 22, 2014
Hey Resa,

I'm also German and I heard that you can also request a police certificate by writing a letter. I've never tried it but on the homepage of the Bundesjustizamt you can find more information. (Sorry I can't post links ;))
Hope that helps!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Resa said:
Hi Toby!

Are you german? Chris just mentioned that he got the ploice certificate without being in Germany and he wrote his mom a "Vollmacht". My mom called Bonn and they said there is no way and I need to do it personally. Just wanna figure out the best way to get it without having to fly back to Germany...
Hi Resa,

ja, ich bin Deutsch. And it's fairly easy for you to obtain a PCC from Germany without physically being present.
You don't need to give anyone else permission, the whole process can be completed by you.

And here's how to do it:

1. Please download this form: https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/DE/SharedDocs/Publikationen/BZR/antrag_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=11
There's also a German version of the form ( https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/DE/SharedDocs/Publikationen/BZR/antrag_de.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=11 ) but I recommend using the English one as it will be easier for the RCMP officer to read and you'll have an easier time having someone certify your personal details.

2. Fill out the top part and your personal details. Check that you want a "Certificate of good conduct" and that you wan't it mailed to your home address ( top right of the form )

3. Go to your local RCMP or other police station and have someone certify your personal details ( bring passport!! ) They will stamp, date and sign the bottom part.

4. Transfer the EURO 13 fee to the bank account listed on the second page

5. Fax the form to: +49 228 99 410-5050

It will take about 2-3 weeks and they will mail your PCC to the address you put in the top right corner.
I did that three times from within Canada and never had issues.

Viel erfolg! Let me know if you need more help.

T.

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks so much Toby! You re the best!

Did you have to get the PCC translated? So you wont think I will get in troube for letting my PCC sent to Canada but officially applying for a work permit (young professionals) from " outside of Canada"? I read somewhere here that its important at the MyCIC to put in your german residency and not mention that you re already in the country...?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Resa said:
Thanks so much Toby! You re the best!

Did you have to get the PCC translated? So you wont think I will get in troube for letting my PCC sent to Canada but officially applying for a work permit (young professionals) from " outside of Canada"? I read somewhere here that its important at the MyCIC to put in your german residency and not mention that you re already in the country...?
I know, right? People keep telling me that... Haha, just kidding. Glad I could help.

No, for my Working Holiday visa and the Young Professional visa, I did not get the PCCs translated, since it wasn't asked
for by CIC, but this might've changed for this years program. So I recommend reading the instructions carefully and check
if you need a translated version or not.

One thing's for sure, I applied for my PCC from outside Germany ( I was in Canada at the time ), had my Canadian address
on the PCC and still got the visa, so no, that's not a problem. The only time during the application process I said I was living
in Germany, was the little wizard on the CIC website which takes you to the right application for the visa, in which I had to
say I was from Germany or else the application for an IEC visa wouldn't come up.

But on all forms, etc, I provided my Canadian address.

Hope this helps and didn't confuse you more,

T.

Lass mich wissen wenn du mehr hilfe brauchen solltest.

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Does anyone have experience on how long it will take for Kompas to reset after you withdraw your original application? I submitted an application yesterday and withdrew it the same day based on the wait list. I happen to qualify for the other category and want to submit it to that one before those spots disappear. I just don't know how long it will be before they unlock my account so I can make the necessary changes to my profile and resubmit? Any experience?

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Onemoretime said:
Does anyone have experience on how long it will take for Kompas to reset after you withdraw your original application? I submitted an application yesterday and withdrew it the same day based on the wait list. I happen to qualify for the other category and want to submit it to that one before those spots disappear. I just don't know how long it will be before they unlock my account so I can make the necessary changes to my profile and resubmit? Any experience?
Hopefully someone has some experience with this that they can share? Much appreciated.

hannayangyang

May 3, 2013
Hi Toby,

Thank you for your this post! It's really helpful! I'm doing the German Police Clearance now. I mailed to the Bonn office my application, but I called and they said they didn't receive it... Now I will fax the form according to your post. CIC asked me to mail back the certificate by Aug 31, 2014, but obviously I can't make it by then... You said it will take German Police 2-3 weeks to mail the certificate back to me. Does the 2-3 weeks include the int'l mailing time, or only their processing time? Can I write to CIC and ask them to postpone my submission deadline?

Thank you!!
Hanna

iam_toby said:
Hi Resa,

ja, ich bin Deutsch. And it's fairly easy for you to obtain a PCC from Germany without physically being present.
You don't need to give anyone else permission, the whole process can be completed by you.

And here's how to do it:

1. Please download this form: https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/DE/SharedDocs/Publikationen/BZR/antrag_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=11
There's also a German version of the form ( https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/DE/SharedDocs/Publikationen/BZR/antrag_de.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=11 ) but I recommend using the English one as it will be easier for the RCMP officer to read and you'll have an easier time having someone certify your personal details.

2. Fill out the top part and your personal details. Check that you want a "Certificate of good conduct" and that you wan't it mailed to your home address ( top right of the form )

3. Go to your local RCMP or other police station and have someone certify your personal details ( bring passport!! ) They will stamp, date and sign the bottom part.

4. Transfer the EURO 13 fee to the bank account listed on the second page

5. Fax the form to: +49 228 99 410-5050

It will take about 2-3 weeks and they will mail your PCC to the address you put in the top right corner.
I did that three times from within Canada and never had issues.

Viel erfolg! Let me know if you need more help.

T.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hi,

hannayangyang said:
Hi Toby,

Thank you for your this post! It's really helpful! I'm doing the German Police Clearance now. I mailed to the Bonn office my application, but I called and they said they didn't receive it... Now I will fax the form according to your post. CIC asked me to mail back the certificate by Aug 31, 2014, but obviously I can't make it by then... You said it will take German Police 2-3 weeks to mail the certificate back to me. Does the 2-3 weeks include the int'l mailing time, or only their processing time? Can I write to CIC and ask them to postpone my submission deadline?

Thank you!!
Hanna
I received my PCCs from Germany ( was in Canada at the time ) in about 2-3 weeks, but this is subject
to change and it can also take a little longer.
Request the PCC from Germany as soon as possible and inform CIC about the delay, maybe scan the application form
for the PCC and email it to CIC, tell them that you will submit the PCC as soon as you receive it.

T.