+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

NBelkin

Apr 4, 2014
Hi, Can any body HELP please.
i applied to Young Professional visa on Feb20, 2014 payment and everything went thru that day. Today is March 4 and no response. Kompass account doesn't reply. tried calling Embassy no body even pick up the phone.
Any suggestion who i can contact

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
NBelkin said:
Hi, Can any body HELP please.
i applied to Young Professional visa on Feb20, 2014 payment and everything went thru that day. Today is March 4 and no response. Kompass account doesn't reply. tried calling Embassy no body even pick up the phone.
Any suggestion who i can contact
What part of the IEC application process are we talking about?
Stage 1 IEC, or stage 2 where the documents have been uploaded to CIC?

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
JamesMRiley said:
Hi, I'm from Australia and I've applied for the 2014 IEC. I have my conditional acceptance letter and am currently in the process of uploading my documents to the CIC. I am wondering what the chances are that they will ask me to undergo a medical exam. I'm travelling to South America in 7 weeks and won't be back in Australia for a while. Can I wait a few months after uploading my documents before doing my medical if they need one or would I have to fly home and get it done? Or can I undergo a medical while in another country?
Admittedly it's been a while since I first applied for my IEC, but unless the rules have changed, the only reason an Australian needs to go through a medical is if they will be working or planning to work in "high-risk" occupations e.g. healthcare, teaching etc.

In any case, Toby's right, CIC have approved DMPs in most countries and they can be done from anywhere.

NBelkin

Apr 4, 2014
iam_toby said:
What part of the IEC application process are we talking about?
Stage 1 IEC, or stage 2 where the documents have been uploaded to CIC?

I am still waiting for Stage 1 , LAC result. The one that should take 14 days and I am close to 50 days now. I am wondering if there any phone number or anybody I can contact.
Thank you

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
NBelkin said:
I am still waiting for Stage 1 , LAC result. The one that should take 14 days and I am close to 50 days now. I am wondering if there any phone number or anybody I can contact.
Thank you
As for what I know, there is no number you can contact. Check your countries' IEC website and see if
there's another way of contacting them. I, German citizen, always got a response to my emails in a couple of days.
You can also try to use the message function in your Kompass account.

NBelkin

Apr 4, 2014
iam_toby said:
As for what I know, there is no number you can contact. Check your countries' IEC website and see if
there's another way of contacting them. I, German citizen, always got a response to my emails in a couple of days.
You can also try to use the message function in your Kompass account.

Thank you.
Unfortunately Poland has not replied to any of my emails and Kompass left my questions unanswered. Also would you know if I already have work permit, that is currently valid. Would I have to apply for myCIC as well?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
NBelkin said:
Thank you.
Unfortunately Poland has not replied to any of my emails and Kompass left my questions unanswered. Also would you know if I already have work permit, that is currently valid. Would I have to apply for myCIC as well?
Sorry, I didn't get the question. Are you saying that you already have a work permit? And a MyCIC from
a previous work permit application and you want to reuse this MyCIC account for your current IEC Young Professional visa
application when you get to stage 2??

NBelkin

Apr 4, 2014
iam_toby said:
Sorry, I didn't get the question. Are you saying that you already have a work permit? And a MyCIC from
a previous work permit application and you want to reuse this MyCIC account for your current IEC Young Professional visa
application when you get to stage 2??
The thing is I don't have MyCIC account (may be I have , but just don't know about it). Last year I had working holiday visa which I activate just by crossing the border (they gave me work permit). I started working and now trying to extend my working permit. The easiest way to do is using "young professionals". I did that I applied. And i guess it changed now, do i need that MyCIC account, or I just would extend my work permit be crossing the border again. Sorry , just got very confused and upset with all immigration problems.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
You cannot extend an IEC permit.

If you mean getting another IEC, then yes you have to leave by the date on the old one and come back to activate the new one.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
NBelkin said:
The thing is I don't have MyCIC account (may be I have , but just don't know about it). Last year I had working holiday visa which I activate just by crossing the border (they gave me work permit). I started working and now trying to extend my working permit. The easiest way to do is using "young professionals". I did that I applied. And i guess it changed now, do i need that MyCIC account, or I just would extend my work permit be crossing the border again. Sorry , just got very confused and upset with all immigration problems.
Ok, here's how the new IEC system works.

Stage 1 IEC: You apply using your Kompass account. When approved ( by IEC ) you will be issued a conditional acceptance letter. What this means is, that you are eligible for the Young Professional visa under IEC rules. You need this letter for Stage 2.

Stage 2 CIC: You need the conditional acceptance letter from Stage 1 to proceed and you also need a MyCIC account. Stage 2 is the immigration assessment completed by CIC under current immigration rules. They assess your application and if you're eligible issue the LOI ( letter of introduction ). You need this letter to obtain your work permit at the POE ( port of entry ).

Hope this helps.

Zehraak

Sep 30, 2013
hi..

quick question...
i have been in canada using my working holiday visa.....this expires on 14th feb 2015. however i want to stay in canada for 1-2 weeks longer for site-seeing. do i need to leave the country or can i just go to the airport and have a visitor visa issued. (i am german).

thanks is advance