+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ID - One Quebec and one Ontario

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
All,

we are submitting the citizenship application. In my wife case she has a Quebec driving license and her health card is Ontario. We moved last year from Quebec to Ontario and she has not changed her driving license (Full driving class 5). Primarily because Ontario is giving her G2 and we want to wait another 6 months and then do a transfer to G as she will be eligible then.
In the citizenship application we plan to put her 2 ID’s (Quebec license and Ontario health card). Will this create an issue in the citizenship application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All,

we are submitting the citizenship application. In my wife case she has a Quebec driving license and her health card is Ontario. We moved last year from Quebec to Ontario and she has not changed her driving license (Full driving class 5). Primarily because Ontario is giving her G2 and we want to wait another 6 months and then do a transfer to G as she will be eligible then.
In the citizenship application we plan to put her 2 ID’s (Quebec license and Ontario health card). Will this create an issue in the citizenship application?
Are you sure she can keep the Quebec license if she is living in Ontario? I would be especially worried about insurance coverage and whether switching to an Ontario license by a certain point is required as part of her coverage.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure she can keep the Quebec license if she is living in Ontario? I would be especially worried about insurance coverage and whether switching to an Ontario license by a certain point is required as part of her coverage.
Maybe she's not driving or use her Quebec license in Ontario.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I have an active insurance from TD. They are fine with it for the time being.

what’s your thought about using these ID for citizenship application?