+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT WP Applications at NY Consulate - Aug & Sep 2014

gvs79

Oct 14, 2014
I got update from CIC ...My work permit got approved..I need to send my passport for stamp.

hop123

Oct 14, 2014
I got the passport request today.. I am sure you will get in 1 month time frame.. All the best..

jakkpath

Nov 4, 2014
Congrats hop123 :)
So it took almost 5 weeks for you.
Do you plan to go personally to NYC for stamping ? Did you explore that option.

My US i94 expires Nov25. I need to get my work permit approved and canada visa stamped by then.

jakkpath

Nov 4, 2014
My work permit (ICT) got approved today.
Applied on Oct-14
Approved on Nov-10
Applied online to New York consulate.

hop123

Oct 14, 2014
Can you please help me on which address I need to send the passport for stamping in Newyork. They were pointing out about some fee i need to attach. Any reply sooner would be great. Thanks a lot...

hop123

Oct 14, 2014
Also please let me do i need to attach any processing fee for work permit stamping during the passport submission.. Thanks..

Nov 18, 2014
Very helpful thread, and forum. I'm new here.

I notice a majority of the applications are ICT applications but I shall be applying for a new job, with a positive LMO. The part that confuses me is that the the processing times for new Work Permit applications at the NY consulate are posted to be about 5 months. But I see very different numbers, about real experiences, posted in this forum. Can somebody comment on the actual processing times to expect (and possibly explain why it says 5 months on the CIC website)?

My situation:
- New WP application from the USA. With a Job offer and positive LMO. No medical needed.
- Shall apply online. AFAIK should be processed in NY though I'm located in California.
- I shall also apply for a Open WP for my spouse on the same application.

I think I will be able to get all documents in place and submit by Dec 1, 2014.

thanks!

jakkpath

Nov 4, 2014
I went to New York VAC office and submitted in person.

You can refer to csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing
This site has all details.

jakkpath

Nov 4, 2014
@aclockworkorange

I think WP from USA should take approx 1 month. I see 4 cases in this thread with all of them in the range 4-5 weeks.
My lawyer said currently its 4-6 weeks. This is only for work permit approval. Add another 2-3 weeks for passport stamping.

Again things change in different seasons. The 5 months is a bit misleading on the website. It says last updated on 22-July, so it might from the previous quarters. My guess, things may slow down in December/January as Christmas is approaching and people go on long holidays.

Best Wishes with your applications.

Nov 18, 2014
jakkpath said:
@ aclockworkorange

I think WP from USA should take approx 1 month. I see 4 cases in this thread with all of them in the range 4-5 weeks.
My lawyer said currently its 4-6 weeks. This is only for work permit approval. Add another 2-3 weeks for passport stamping.

Again things change in different seasons. The 5 months is a bit misleading on the website. It says last updated on 22-July, so it might from the previous quarters. My guess, things may slow down in December/January as Christmas is approaching and people go on long holidays.

Best Wishes with your applications.
Thanks @ jakkpath

jakkpath

Nov 4, 2014
These are my processing dates for work permit application from USA. No LMO required as mine is ICT (Intra Company Transfer)

15-Oct-2014 Applied Online
10-Nov-2014 Notice of approval
12-Nov-2014 Dropped passport personally @ NY office
20-Nov-2014 Notice of passport pickup
21-Nov-2014 Picked up my passports in NY.

Best Wishes to all.