+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit (GSS) India Timelines

Kavaiya

Oct 5, 2021
Hello Folks, I have submitted my ICT work permit LMIA Exempt but it's not under GSS because of Skills Level B. I have completed my biometric on 23rd July but still no any update on PPR. Now I got promotion last week and as per my Company Immegration team I will be eligible for GSS now. So is it good to withdraw non GSS application and file it again under GSS or I should wait for more time as 12 weeks already completed after biometric. Currently normal visa application process timeline is up to 32 weeks. Any suggestions would be helpful.

wpkc

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Hello Folks, I have submitted my ICT work permit LMIA Exempt but it's not under GSS because of Skills Level B. I have completed my biometric on 23rd July but still no any update on PPR. Now I got promotion last week and as per my Company Immegration team I will be eligible for GSS now. So is it good to withdraw non GSS application and file it again under GSS or I should wait for more time as 12 weeks already completed after biometric. Currently normal visa application process timeline is up to 32 weeks. Any suggestions would be helpful.
From the comments in this thread as well as in other threads, it looks like processing time cannot be predicted for any kind of application as of now

Reactions: Kavaiya

soul_seeker

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
@debashis118 @soul_seeker did you guys hear anything on your applications?
Somehow i managed to obtain the reference letters and submitted the additional documents to my attorney on 7th Oct, as per her last update she will "review" the docs and then upload it to portal. Since then she is "reviewing" it. Now its long weekend over there, she wasted hell lot of time. If only she had reviewed docs required at the time of applying we wouldn't be getting an additional docs request at the first place.
Now she is reviewing.

Ajit1975

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Hi
Preparing for ict application,
I am eligible for gss ICT as per guidelines.
1. The ict gss Lima Exempt application is picked by default or have to mention in work permit application.
2. PCC upfront needed for gss.
Thanks in advance for replying.

wpkc

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Hi
1. The ict gss Lima Exempt application is picked by default or have to mention in work permit application.
You have to select "Intra Company Transferee" in "Type" field while filling application
Not usually required for ICT. But requirement varies from case to case. Please check with legal consultant
Hope this helps!

Snowball2

Sep 23, 2021
Hi
I think if the application is ICT and you have Type A NOC, then you are qualified for GSS. Upfront medical helps you to process it within minimum time period which is 4-5 weeks.

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
What are the timelines currently for return of stamped passport, specially for those who received OPR by end of August or Sept

workPermitICT

Oct 6, 2021
With all september applicants getting to hear back in a month, i feel i should withdraw and apply again... really confused.. anyone tried reapplying?