+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit (GSS) India Timelines

Jigsaw_007

Dec 15, 2021
I have been waiting for past 6 months because the application is in Non GSS category (Noc B).
What is the process for refilling the application under GSS and how much time the process can take?

qadriaamir

Dec 7, 2021
Hello Everyone,

My company has filed LMIA exempt ICT work permit application under GSS in India. Below is my timeline. Want to know from members who filed applications in India, their timelines and specifically time between BVL and PPR.

Application filed: 1 Jun 21
Biometrics letter received: 2 Jun 21
Biometrics given: 7 July 21
Biometrics validation letter: 8 July 21
Approval: Not yet
PPR: Not yet

New to this forum, please excuse me if this thread already exists.
Any update on your Work permit?? Did you get it? if possible please share the timelines.

qadriaamir

Dec 7, 2021
Hello Everyone,

This entire thread and all the discussions are very helpful and assuring for all the folks who have or will apply for ICT visas. Thank you so much to each one of you who has or will contribute to this discussion: My case below:

Visa Type: ICT/LMIA Exempted/GSS approved (apparently, as I am meeting all the criteria's for the same)
NOC Level: 0
Visa Office: New Delhi
Canada Location Opted: Ontario
Dependents: Spouse (OWP) and 2 kids (one with visitor visa and other with study permit)
Medicals: Upfront (10th Nov 21)
Application Submission Date: 9th Dec 2021
Biometrics instruction Letter received: 9th Dec 2021
Biometrics completed: 22nd Dec 21
Attorney: Fragoman
PPR: Awaiting (obviously) :)

I read all the pages under this thread and majority of folks who submitted/completed biometrics after SEP/OCT got PPR in 3-5 weeks. Hoping to have this timeline for myself too. Will keep everyone posted on my application.

Amit05007

Dec 15, 2021
Hello Everyone,

This entire thread and all the discussions are very helpful and assuring for all the folks who have or will apply for ICT visas. Thank you so much to each one of you who has or will contribute to this discussion: My case below:

Visa Type: ICT/LMIA Exempted/GSS approved (apparently, as I am meeting all the criteria's for the same)
Dependents: Spouse (OWP) and 2 kids (one with visitor visa and other with study permit)

I read all the pages under this thread and majority of folks who submitted/completed biometrics after SEP/OCT got PPR in 3-5 weeks. Hoping to have this timeline for myself too. Will keep everyone posted on my application.
Mine biometric was done on 29 nov and still waiting for PPR … same category gss and lmia
exempt

saurabhm99

Dec 25, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Seems we are in the same boat -
Category - GSS/LMIA Exempt / NOC level 0
Medical Upfront - 12th Nov
Application submission 29th Nov
Biometrics - 20th Dec
PPR - Awaiting

Last edited:
Reactions: qadriaamir