+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit from US

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
Sharing my timeline and updates.

Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit (non-GSS)
Applied from: USA
Application Submitted Online: June 22, 2021
Biometrics Instruction Letter Received: June 23, 2021
Biometrics provided at the NY VFS Office: July 13, 2021.
Current status (per immigration consultant rep):
“Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Biometrics - July 20, 2021:Completed.”

Feel free to share your timeline/updates on this thread while we all wait!

Reactions: Intrance

Intrance

Aug 14, 2021
Thanks for starting this thread . There are not many US applicants - especially non-GSS
My bit-
CWP and SOWP -non intra company transfer, non GSS ( i'm not very sure if I fall under GSS category ) - PNP nominee
Country of residence : USA
Country of citizenship : India
NOC: 3113
Upfront medicals done : June 30 2021
My application timeline is as follows:
Submitted July 23 2021
Medical passed July 29 2021
Biometrics completed August 12 2021 at USCIS ASC Boston - there is a 20 day wait as of now to get an appointment. Same day was showing as completed on portal.
Aug 13 - The status of application changed to Submitted.

I have been hearing/reading approval as soon as 10 days to many months. So please share your timelines to have a better understanding. Only US applicants please.
All predictions are also welcome. Thanks!

Reactions: Lc4life and ma2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for starting this thread . There are not many US applicants - especially non-GSS
My bit-
CWP and SOWP -non intra company transfer, non GSS ( i'm not very sure if I fall under GSS category ) - PNP nominee
Country of residence : USA
Country of citizenship : India
NOC: 3113
Upfront medicals done : June 30 2021
My application timeline is as follows:
Submitted July 23 2021
Medical passed July 29 2021
Biometrics completed August 12 2021 at USCIS ASC Boston - there is a 20 day wait as of now to get an appointment. Same day was showing as completed on portal.
Aug 13 - The status of application changed to Submitted.

I have been hearing/reading approval as soon as 10 days to many months. So please share your timelines to have a better understanding. Only US applicants please.
All predictions are also welcome. Thanks!
What province is accepting dentists for PNP? Did a dental office get an LMIA?Canada has a surplus of dentists so this is pretty unusual.

Intrance

Aug 14, 2021
What province is accepting dentists for PNP? Did a dental office get an LMIA?Canada has a surplus of dentists so this is pretty unusual.
BCBPN - LMIA exempt.
Unusual - not sure but maybe , I was able to secure a job and provincial nomination with no issues within a month.
I would appreciate if you have some idea about the work permit timeline is such a case.
Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
BCBPN - LMIA exempt.
Unusual - not sure but maybe , I was able to secure a job and provincial nomination with no issues within a month.
I would appreciate if you have some idea about the work permit timeline is such a case.
Thanks!
Impossible to say what the timeline would be and whether the WP will be approved given the surplus of dentists. Is the job in a rural location?

Intrance

Aug 14, 2021
Impossible to say what the timeline would be and whether the WP will be approved given the surplus of dentists. Is the job in a rural location?
My work permit got approved !!
CWP and SOWP non ICT
July 23rd Application
Aug 12th Biometrics
Sep 9th PPR

All the best everyone , keep sharing timeline it really helps.

Reactions: ma2021

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
Received PPR today. Took over 3 months (16 weeks) to process after biometrics. Here is my timeline:
ICT from the USA
Non-GSS (NOC: 8232)
Application submitted: June 22, 2021 (estimated processing time from the US at the time was 9 weeks according to the IRCC website)
Biometrics Request Letter: June 23, 2021
Biometrics provided at the NYC VFS: July 13, 2021
Biometrics status shows "Completed" online: July 20, 2021
Request for additional documents: September 29, 2021
Additional documents received by IRCC: October 4, 2021
Passport Request Letter & Biometrics Validity Letter: November 4, 2021

Yesterday when I called to check the status, the automated phone system still said review of eligibility has not started yet and background check is in progress (like it has always been for the past 3 months). Today, it says your passport is requested to complete the processing of your application.

My advice to those waiting beyond the estimated processing time on the IRCC website is to have your employer send a webform or email to the visa office processing your application requesting urgent processing and expressing that you are needed as soon as possible for your position in Canada. Again only do this if you are past the estimated processing time.. in my case it was 15 weeks when my employer sent an email and the estimated processing time when we submitted my application was 9 weeks.

Good luck to those waiting especially if you've been waiting for an extremely long time like I was!