+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT (GSS) from US

Nimir12

Sep 19, 2020
Got it from the older posts. Its ICT GSS. I think yours took an extraordinary amount of time as it was filed in the peak COVID period. Hope things will be faster for the ones filed in August or September. Fingers crossed!!!
Hi, yes we had filed our application at the beginning of the covid and then the lockdown happened. Anyways we are now in Canada so no complaints now.

visa_ca

May 9, 2020
I would appreciate if anyone can clarify if ICT and ICT-GSS are 2 different types of petitions. Do we need to file ICT GSS petition from Day 1 explicitly or a regular ICT petition will be automatically qualified as GSS at some point later based on eligibility.

Q1: Does the visa processing time start after primary applicants biometric is done or it will be pending until spouse biometric is also done
Q2: Is there an option to upgrade visa petition from ICT to ICT-GSS category explicitly (if they are different)
Q3: In case we run out of time on US visa and have to go back to India will the ICT petition still continue or we need to file a new petition from India and start all over again.

Last edited:

ramandrod

Apr 13, 2017
Hey, can you please provide updates on your case as you go? What's your attorney's estimated timeline?
My employer wants to file the ICT for me as well, I guess they aim at GSS because they mentioned that they can turn it around within the 60 days (post-OPT grace period). I will be applying with spouse and kids, and I have biometrics given last October for PR, they're valid till 2029.
Still got a generic update that things are in progress. Nothing concrete and it's going to be 3 months since the date I applied.

ramandrod

Apr 13, 2017
I applied on March 25 under "ICT GSS LMIA Exempt" from US and gave biometrics on July 14th under ICT GSS and there have been no updates after that. So backlog is much more than you expect.
Wow..that was 5.months since you posted. Did you receive an approval now?

ramandrod

Apr 13, 2017
I would appreciate if anyone can clarify if ICT and ICT-GSS are 2 different types of petitions. Do we need to file ICT GSS petition from Day 1 explicitly or a regular ICT petition will be automatically qualified as GSS at some point later based on eligibility.

Q1: Does the visa processing time start after primary applicants biometric is done or it will be pending until spouse biometric is also done
Q2: Is there an option to upgrade visa petition from ICT to ICT-GSS category explicitly (if they are different)
Q3: In case we run out of time on US visa and have to go back to India will the ICT petition still continue or we need to file a new petition from India and start all over again.
My take on this
Q1: Both applications will be processed simultaneously and will be approved only when both are done.
Q2: Guess not. Check with your attorney.
Q3: Location change will not have an impact on the processing. Only thing is that you may need to inform IRCC via webform, and then possibly your visa stamping will be done in New Delhi Visa Office.

Nimir12

Sep 19, 2020
Hi Nimir. When you said expedited request, did your attorney file one for you ?
No. Attorney once filed a query on the website. With IRCC you can file for expedition only once your application is beyond the expected processing time, is what we were made to understand.

atlcharger

Mar 10, 2020
Hi all.

Got approved for ICT WP from US ( with SOWP) recently. Time line as below

Application: 10/07
Biometric Request: N/A (Previously gave biometrics for PR application which is currently in process)
Approval & PPR : 12/18

Hope this helps

bboyking

Nov 15, 2020
Here are my timelines and I applied from the US.
Currently, figuring out the VFS stamping part.

Application: Oct 20th
Biometrics Completion: Nov 3rd
PPR: Dec 23rd